Would you buy excess shards if you saw Vader in the shard shop?

Prev1
Omnirhyze
167 posts Member
edited March 2016
Vader appeared in my shard shop today. Considering how hard it is to get his shards, would you buy shards of a seven star character just so you can get shard currency to buy him?
Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion

Would you buy excess shards if you saw Vader in the shard shop? 173 votes

Yes
84%
HyperalloyZombie8mylunchQeltarTelaanCobratatSyth_HunterDarkJabberwockyIricsAdormeFantazyRonoaldoichotolotBoraSlythRinnCharlesbusaEM650JordtroutDhallBenr3600 146 votes
No
15%
cosmicturtle333JaegerZtyleDarthMasterShawnStarSonThomasLylePamed_UleirosbenacrowPerongelukReyOPGenKillYouMoodInternetSwagNonValidUsersupachaiLaLiamEeberszaid6345WeildketDooku_for_days 27 votes

Replies

• Options
    Yes
    Already do this, I keep a small amount ready for when I see him in there
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Yes
    I keep a balance of 900 shard shop currency on hand at all times for when Vader, FOTP, Rey or some equally hard farm shows up.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I just finished up my NI farm from gw shipments so im stockpiling some shards for this now....sadly there were 2x2 vaders in shard shop the day before lol.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I've gotten 14 or 16 Vader shards so far the there. It's brilliant. Almost at 5* now. I use the store only to buy shards for him and Rey and anakin. Although I haven't seen anakin once in the store yet. Vader shows up often though for me
  • Options
    No
    Eh. Depends.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Yes
    I make sure to have a stockpile, just in case a good hero appears in my shard shop. Or 2.

Any hard to farm heroes I am interested in, including Vader, get bought up. Maybe it isn't the best ratio for excess shards to purchased shards, but I don't want anyone else from GW. My daily winnings just become excess for the shard shop.
  • Options
    Yes
    Isn't this what the shard shop is for?

This poll is like "Do you breathe? yes/no"
  • Options
    Yes
    I'm doing this too. Still taking forever...
  • Options

Some people don't find Vader to be worth the effort to farm, but since it's so difficult to get him in the first place, I was wondering how many people were willing to stomach the horrendous ratio and buy him anyway.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    another 2 shards showed up for me now! I might never use him anywhere besides the STR challenge but I see Vader as kind of the ultimate trophy in this game so I'll definitely keeping getting his shards when I see them
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I want his shards so bad have been unlocking garbage toons just to get the achievements.

But today I found out that not only is it capped at 50 promotions, but at 26 heroes for DS/LS as well. Come onCG, why cap it at like half the characters and less than one promotion for each hero in the game? Would it really kill you to give us hero unlock cheevos up to 35 and a 100 promotion tier?
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I want his shards so bad have been unlocking garbage toons just to get the achievements.

But today I found out that not only is it capped at 50 promotions, but at 26 heroes for DS/LS as well. Come onCG, why cap it at like half the characters and less than one promotion for each hero in the game? Would it really kill you to give us hero unlock cheevos up to 35 and a 100 promotion tier?
  • Options
    No
    I might if I ever saw him in there. Haven't seen Rey, FOTP or Anakin yet either. Today I got offered Nightsister Initiate, HK-47, First Order Officer, IG-86, IG-86 & Nightsister Initiate. The choice was so tough I decided to save my credits until next month when Vadar shows up.
  • Options
    Yes
    I have a small cache for when I see Rey or Vader definitely. I wouldn't get anyone else though.
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yes, 7 stars by 2020.
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes, I would buy Vader shards and Hard-nodes only hero shards.
    Though Vader only showed his face twice in shard shop
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options

Room for me on that bed? @Eibbor_Tharth
  • Drexnaw
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I only voted yes Cus I did buy the last 2 shards I needed to unlock him at the time, especially because my next achievements to unlock were all weeks if not months away from being finished.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    He's in there all the time for me as well as Rey and sometimes anakin... BUT I only have 15 currency from trading in my one extra Lumi shard i got from GW after she was already 7 stars.. So I assume once I get enough currency to buy their shards they'll dissapear forever
  • Options
    Yup...7 star vader in new meta would crush all
  • Options
    Yes
    I have, bought about 7-10 through the shard shop luckily and have him at 5* finally.
    With the crazy achievements it is going to be awhile for all.

I assume in many months when we spent all our shards and get those ridiculous achievements, they will make some lame challenge so that people can 7* him easily.
  • Scinful
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I do every time. I only need 5 shards to 5 star him.
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Just got 9 vader shards this week! 6 at shard shop & 3 for GW.
  • Options
    Yes
    This is the only real no brainer for the shard shop. 1:10 shard return is typically horrible. But, these shards aren't farm-able outside the progression achievements and are not in packs. So, that makes them more like 10:1 in my favor. Two shards are well worth two GW clears IMO.
  • Options
    I had a good Vader run early of the shard shop, haven't seen him in a couple weeks
  • Options
    Yes
    I already do this as well. I check every day. Does the OP, not know this is already happening?
  • Options
    Yes
    I naver see darthvader i do see tie pilot a lot
    I like tie pilot if you use rondom tanks with it
  • Options
    Yes
    Did that very thing this morning. Vader is only thing I'm looking for in Shard Shop.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I am 2 shards away from 5*. The next achievement is the smugglers run that give 7 and I am at 187/200 on that. I hope he shows up again some day, I have only seen him in there one day.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Yes
    DV_27 wrote: »
    another 2 shards showed up for me now! I might never use him anywhere besides the STR challenge but I see Vader as kind of the ultimate trophy in this game so I'll definitely keeping getting his shards when I see them

Perfect description of Vader. He is the ultimate trophy