Grand Arena is a joke

How can I have two G12 toons matched up against a guy with four G13 and multiple G12 what a joke, fix this mess CG. msxui104yhpd.jpeg
1ehodnd6x0mh.jpeg

Replies

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Are you facing iambread too?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    A few things...
    First off GAC isn't a joke. A joke is supposed to be funny. "A mess" or "disappointing" would have been better choices.
    Second, I agree with your premise. And 3v3 and relics only seem to have amplified the weaknesses in an already very flawed matchmaking algorithm.
    Third, just play the mode and move on. CG seems to be either completely tone-deaf to the feedback or completely incapable of creating decent matchups consistently. Honestly, given the 4 year history of bugs "unforseen interactions", nerfs, broken content, etc. it's much more likely to be the latter rather than the former - so odds are, we're stuck with it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    A few things...
    First off GAC isn't a joke. A joke is supposed to be funny. "A mess" or "disappointing" would have been better choices.
    Second, I agree with your premise. And 3v3 and relics only seem to have amplified the weaknesses in an already very flawed matchmaking algorithm.
    Third, just play the mode and move on. CG seems to be either completely tone-deaf to the feedback or completely incapable of creating decent matchups consistently. Honestly, given the 4 year history of bugs "unforseen interactions", nerfs, broken content, etc. it's much more likely to be the latter rather than the former - so odds are, we're stuck with it.

Welcome back...?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Matchmaking is by top {x} toon GP. This is not news.

The biggest worries I see in your opponent's roster aren't the g13s but the Shaak Ti and Brood Alpha.

And the most glaring problem with yours is your g9 GM Yoda.
  • Hortus
    624 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

It was before this GAC. Now I'm consistently fighting against people who has noticeably more top toons GP.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »

It was before this GAC. Now I'm consistently fighting against people who has noticeably more top toons GP.

That's interesting. How big a difference do you see? What's your relevant GP? And their's?
  • Hortus
    624 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

That's interesting. How big a difference do you see? What's your relevant GP? And their's?

Division 3 (10 3v3 slots). Last match it was about 20K difference in top 30 toons against me and about 70K in top 60 (~1.160K vs 1.230K). After "top X" matchmaking was introduced and before current GAC I usually seen somewhat like 1-2K difference. This GAC is very different for me.
  • Options
    One thing that (AFAIK) they have not yet confirmed, is how matchmaking is completed in the months since ships have been reintroduced into GAC.
    (I mean to say we don’t actually know how much, if any, fleet composition affects matchmaking. Is it best 2 capitals plus top 16 ships? Highest 18 ships? Something else? How is that weighted against your twice the number of defensive characters they initially used? Is that even still a part of the calculation, of if so, did they reduce the number of characters compared as part of weighting against ships? I don’t think we have been given any clarification on this?)

But it seems, both from my own observations and from the uptick of reported “mismatches” on the forums, that introduction of ships has introduced wider ‘swings’ of top end GP in GAC matchmaking.

Not sure if that helps, but it is a guess as to what might be going on (if you have more high geared/relic pilots, you might draw an opponent with more relic characters to balance out your ‘perceived’ advantage in high end ships). Not saying this is the case, but it could be...

Personally, I have been doing much worse in GAC since ships came back in (but honestly, not horrid matches either, I’ve mostly either been losing matches by 30 or so points on a full clear, or me getting stuck on a single squad that I ‘maybe’ could have cleared if I had played it a little differently - so I also don’t generally complain about them either) and I am pretty heavily invested in my ships in comparison to most players, so my theory is that my heavier ship GP is causing me to draw heavier character GP matches to balance out...
  • Options
    I thought that ships can affect matchmaking but previous GAC also had ships and there were nothing like this, at least for me. So if something changed - it changed for this GAC.

As usual, thanks CG for nice working with community and clear explanation on how things works. :/
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    It’s awful.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Division 3 (10 3v3 slots). Last match it was about 20K difference in top 30 toons against me and about 70K in top 60 (~1.160K vs 1.230K). After "top X" matchmaking was introduced and before current GAC I usually seen somewhat like 1-2K difference. This GAC is very different for me.

That's interesting. How were the numbers for your ships? Maybe top 14 ships? Or top 14 ships + top 2 non-capital ships?

I'm not sure how MM works with ships. Would be interesting to investigate.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    As usual, thanks CG for nice working with community and clear explanation on how things works. :/

CG will never fully disclose exactly how the matchmaking works - and for good reasons. Players just need to figure it out for themselves like when the top X GP was discovered.
  • Options
    I have boycotted all GA 3v3. 600kgp gaps make a difference in 5v5. 600k in 3v3 is even more noticeable. Love game ...3v3 GA ...hate mode. Least fun event in game. So game on CG ...
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    DJ00799 wrote: »
    How can I have two G12 toons matched up against a guy with four G13 and multiple G12 what a joke, fix this mess CG. msxui104yhpd.jpeg
    1ehodnd6x0mh.jpeg

You probably have more zetas or more depth than your opponent. That being said, you can exploit the way match making is done by having one or two really strong teams like this guy and a very weak bottom 20 toons so that he gets matched up favourably
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    I’m seeing opponents in the 5.1+ million bracket, weirdly I don’t have an issue with them, it’s the ones who just scrape in to the gp bracket and have a really concentrated roster that cause the issue.. but it’s a game mode and I still find myself obsessing at 10pm and going straight in to see what I’m facing..

On a positive note, squad composition knowledge for 3v3 is through the roof now :)