Behind on Arena and don’t know what to with squad

Hi, I’m level 45 and am finding it hard to succeed in arena I’d just like someone to help me out with my squad and what I should do! I used to play a few years back and came back to the game recently .

Replies

• Options
    this my characters 2qjbqpbs86jw.png
    atm.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    google swgoh pillars. you are spreading yourself too thin imo.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Did you start again or continue your old account?
    A big difference nowadays is the hyperdrive bundle which gives a massive boost to which non buyers will never catch up for a long while.
  • Options
    I carried on from previous. Is it terrible I ideally don’t wanna restart but I’m unsure what to do. Ideas on what to do to develop a good squad? :(
  • Options
    Then you have no chance.
    Restart, buy the pack if your in it for the long haul and enjoy top 50 for a very long time.
  • Options
    If I can’t spend a lot of money right now what would be the best thing to do? Carry on? Or restart and buy some smaller starter packs for characters?
  • Options
    or focus on my characters? Genuinely I don’t know what to do as I can’t fork out the £99.99 now!:) so what else do u advise.
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly the best thing to do is probably start over. Your Arena shard has a few years head start, so you will likely never catch up without dropping some serious $ into it.
  • Options
    Okay so if I restart what do you advise me to focus on? do I spend some money or what I’m sorry I am unsure
  • Options
    Restart is still a better option. Your roster is like you’ve just started anyway except everyone else will have years on you.
  • Options
    Ok! What do I focus on if I restart?
  • Options
    Any certain squads? Or any small bundles to buy? Thanks so much for all ur help!
  • Options
    There’s a whole load of posts that will help

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/the-academy
  • Options
    so just grind Phoenix squad? Also would u advise buying character bundles for like £4.99?
  • Options
    I am fairly new myself. I am lvl 77. I started playing in aug. I bought a couple of character bundle for 20. i wish i never did. Waste of money. However, what i do now is just spend 20 on crystals and recharge my energy in the cantina. I am able to farm 7*s fairly quickly. work on getting to phoenix squad. They open up empire PaP and Thrawn. Now with all the legendary characters open all the time. you can farm and get pap fairly quickly then thrawn. once you get yoru empire you can work on R2 D2. all this takes time. I would go against buy 5 dollar or 20 dollar bundles unless you feel you have to. thou it is yoru money. I feel i have more use getting crystals to recharge energy. Phoniex is really easy to farm and its a good team. I use them still and my empire team in squad and i get in the 300s. I am now working on 501st team. hope this helps.
  • Options
    TySaucy wrote: »
    so just grind Phoenix squad? Also would u advise buying character bundles for like £4.99?
    Restart, grind Phoenix and if you are spending real money then buy crystals to use for the first tier of energy refreshes. Up to 3x50 crystal refreshes each day for LS/DS and Fleet, 3x100 for Cantina. Far more cost-efficient than buying packs and gets you credits, gear & xp at the same time.
  • Options
    Thanks for ur help! I have restarted and am now starting the grind for Phoenix. For the dark side what square do u recommend grinding for? Or is it not as important? As I could buy a £4.99 pack for count D. Or £7.99 captain Phasma. Are either worth or should I just focus on everything dark side and just buy gems! Sorry! Thank u!
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    TySaucy wrote: »
    Restart, grind Phoenix and if you are spending real money then buy crystals to use for the first tier of energy refreshes. Up to 3x50 crystal refreshes each day for LS/DS and Fleet, 3x100 for Cantina. Far more cost-efficient than buying packs and gets you credits, gear & xp at the same time.

Count is a good champ and can help you early. That could be a worth buy. also, boba fett is also a good champ early. Captain Phasma is not a good champ. I never used her, but for as what everyone else is saying that i read she is not that good. If you buy champ bundles those are who i would recommend. as long as it gives you the character and not just shards. If it is only shards then i would not recommend. However, this is good advise above far as working the refreshes. I mainly just focused on refreshing cantina. I dont refresh LS/DS or Fleet very often.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Instead of buying those lesser character packs, you could save your money until you have enough for the hyper drive bundle. That's the best bang for the bucks at your stage. Alternatively, just play casually, save your money, and then restart when you can afford the bundle. That will give a great start.

However, if you want to continue without spending the pillars system still works and the new player subforum here has a lot of advice and links for new players.
  • Options
    In all honesty find a better game for $100.