Dodging is out of control

Faff2D2
253 posts Member
Haven't read the boards in a couple of days so merge with other threads if necessary..

Since the update the dodge is a major, major player. Not just with Dooku lead, all around, especially in GW.

Please tell me this isn't how they decided to mitigate damage.. making everything totally RNG.

Replies

• Options
    Dodging has not affected me that much. But on a funny side, I was auto playing a Light Side battle, 5-H to be more specific. My toons where Lumi Lead. Dooku attacked Lumi 3 times in a row and she dodged all of them.

The sight of it happening was awesome.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lumi seems to be one of those crazy ones that has a very high dodge chance.. even when she's not leading.. There was one match where she literally dodged around a dozen attacks til I finally got her down...

But equally I also benefited from it one time where my whole team just dodged everything for two rounds of attacks by the enemy.. I was like erm... ok.. cool for me... but this is so broken!

EDIT: bear in mind I rarely if ever use a dodge leader and the example of where I was dodging like crazy I had QGJ as leader... so go figure!
    Post edited by Skye on
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • PardeyGirL
    193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    +1 it's getting boring super quick!
    Dodge & similar actions really sux makes for a boring fight there ain't that much dodge in UFC fighting,
    What next pillow fights
    I wish/hope The devs can concentrate on making things fun again ...!

Y wait for level 80 increase with game meta update, it's all ready there in game done, just cut the cord let ppl play ftlog.....

Let go........ feel the force .........of the many players that hope for GOH greatness , thou currently suffering Events, GW & grinding for mats n items, there has got tobe better directions this game can go or RISK loosing most of the supporting players you currently have

Help Us
    CG_JohnSalera and EA_Jesse
    You May Be Our Only Hope.........
    Post edited by PardeyGirL on
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Options
    Dodge, dodge, dodge like AI gets stuck on repeat.... Frustrating at times. And if you don't notice it then maybe it's because you don't play very much
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Why is everyone so upset that there is a chance on dodge in the current meta? Because now you can't tell if you win or not after 1 or 2 rounds?
    I mean this is how turnbased games work. The meta will shift to non dodge probably with next update. It's a gamemechanic and people are biased because they think procrates are increased again (like the 1000 topics before).

People that care about lorewise stuff have to agree that toons dodging is pretty much what happens 75% of the films/lore.

Personally it hasn't affected me much and I haven't encountered anything weird.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    @CronozNL
    so fights just get longer for no reason
    And are you telling us the game isn't getting boring the last 2 months ??
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    PardeyGirL wrote: »
    @CronozNL
    so fights just get longer for no reason
    And are you telling us the game isn't getting boring the last 2 months ??

This is what the game is. I don't expect more and no I'm not bored. The times I login on a daily base is enough for me. If dodge is the reason why you get bored than this game will not be for you. Don't get me wrong but I can see myself playing this game for quite a while, despite the "new" content or not.

Some people want more, get bored fast and quit anyway. Happens in all games so it will happen here (it already is). I'm having enough fun to know I'm in for the longterm. Perhaps the older gamers (hardcore grinding ones) have more patience than the new school gamers.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not fussed about the dodge change.. it's just inconsistent as heck like always... except it seems to be worse than before and consistent with the other RNG elements of the game...

It's kinda like the drop rates for shards... it has lulls and highs.. except each high and lull last so long you start to question the randomness of stuff!

I'm not complaining my team can dodge 12 attacks in a row.. Neither do I care if the it takes me 12 attempts to attack a single target and fail to hit it.. I will still beat the said team... it just takes a wee bit longer... but you can't tell me that the dodging is working as it should now?

I probably won't see the same example of what happened to me for another day or so.. and then I will spend the rest of the day just missing every thing and have things equally miss me like I was even more force sensitive/insightful than the great Yoda!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    What lvl ru By The Way ?
  • Options
    as a side note : the dodge stat is 0 on all characters.
    I think it should be corrected
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    Sid dodges the most from my experience. He's not on my squad so hard to say what the dodge is like on offense but AI defense he's amazing.
  • Options

That's the problem. Excessive dodging + the new slower tanky meta will make this game a lot less fun.
  • Options
    Hi, my name is Chewbacca Dodge Dodgington. I have dodgitis. I'm not suppose to be this way but the doctor says God is playing a trick on the world. I wish - dodge.....
  • Options

That's the problem. Excessive dodging + the new slower tanky meta will make this game a lot less fun.

Sid only gets high dodge against jedi.
  • Options
    It's really just certain toons that are crazy good at dodge. Luminara, I'm willing to bet, is bugged as far as dodging goes. She dodged like 6 attacks in a row on me today.

If the lead gives a big evasion bonus it's understandable bc u have to use that toon instead of another and u only get one lead.

But some toons do have very high dodge rate it seems, while others are much lower. The only one that could change a game outcome is lumi's insane dodge but I haven't had any issues with her dodge in arena.
  • Brimley_Ploom_19
    366 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lumi definitely has dodgitis. But Chewie, man...
    He should NEVER dodge. Come on, look at the wooly mammoth.