Why no word on the DS GEO TB Malovence bug yet?

Prev13
It has been posted several times that DS GEO TB is bugged because it looks out some 7* Separtist ships from participating in missions, including Malovence.

First, why is it that CG has not confirmed this major bug - and yes, preventing a 7* capital ship from participating in a battle is a major bug, when you only have 3, and the one that is prevented was built for the TB?

Second, what compensation are we getting for not being able to use our earned assets in critical battles due to a bug? I mean, if free Malak shards were dropped, this would have been addressed over the weekend. I, and others, saved and built Malovence to help our guilds out in DS TB as it provides an alternative ship lineup that allows for platooning of HT in P4, which directly impacts ground battles. In looking at our current numbers, there is a chance that not allowing Malovence may cost us a star in TB... so I will ask again, what are we getting, so a pretty big bug, may limit our star count?
Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)

Replies

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Malevolence-is-Not-Available-for-Ship-CMs-in-Geo-DSTB/m-p/8618867/highlight/true#M35261

If I had to guess, I'd say that compensation for something that "may happen" is a bit of a stretch. The definite impact is a ship you hoped to use was unavailable. How many guilds will lose a star due to this? Well... If you miss a fleet star by 2.5M per 7* Malevolence in your guild then maybe you have a case.

If you're farther away, it wouldn't matter. If you get the star anyway, it had no impact. So how about you wait to see if your guild was impacted before asking for compensation?
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Malevolence-is-Not-Available-for-Ship-CMs-in-Geo-DSTB/m-p/8618867/highlight/true#M35261

If I had to guess, I'd say that compensation for something that "may happen" is a bit of a stretch. The definite impact is a ship you hoped to use was unavailable. How many guilds will lose a star due to this? Well... If you miss a fleet star by 2.5M per 7* Malevolence in your guild then maybe you have a case.

If you're farther away, it wouldn't matter. If you get the star anyway, it had no impact. So how about you wait to see if your guild was impacted before asking for compensation?

How about they not put out a defective product, then this discussion doesn't matter? If nothing else, in my opinion, compensation is deserved even if we do not reach the star as it has forced me to replan and spend my time due to the error, which is a perfectly justifiable reason for asking for compensation.
    Do or Do not.

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Guy in that AHQ thread is demanding “major compensation” which just sounds like entitled whining. Compensations are typically commensurate with the level of impact. Slight inconvenience does not deserve "major compensation." Similarly, your having to "plan differently" took what - 30 seconds to pick a different fleet? How many crystals is 30s of your time worth?

Yes it would be nice if the game was 100% perfect. However, it's made by people and we are all fallible.
  • Options
    Guy in that AHQ thread is demanding “major compensation” which just sounds like entitled whining. Compensations are typically commensurate with the level of impact. Slight inconvenience does not deserve "major compensation." Similarly, your having to "plan differently" took what - 30 seconds to pick a different fleet? How many crystals is 30s of your time worth?

Yes it would be nice if the game was 100% perfect. However, it's made by people and we are all fallible.

I'm not saying that people aren't fallible, and I am not saying major compensation. 500 Get and 200 crystals, sure. It's gameplay that should be allowed.

And bugs happen, sure we are fallible, and when I make a mistake at my job, I address it and correct it, because that is the professional thing to do, often on my own time. This hasn't even been addressed.

And by the way, as a TB planner who runs and coordinates it through the guild through multiple spreadsheets that have to be adjusted for the already bugged GP reporting, it sucks 2 or more hours of my time, at least.. so at my rate that is $120 dollars that CG wasted. So, maybe I should ask for a vault? It's not picking a different fleet, its determining guild wide impacts, through already bugged GP reporting.
    Do or Do not.

• PlanetOfRedDevil
    203 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    More difficulty lmao
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hmm, with all due respect it shouldn't take two hours. A web browser and Excel can determine the actual total fleet and character gp in less than a minute (yes, even with the inflated stats bug).

Edit: your guild gp is accurate in game and on the site. All character gp are accurate in the "Guild GP" page on the site.
    Guild total - sum of all character gp = fleet GP.

Your guild has exactly two 7* Malevolence, so I doubt the plan had to be modified much as a result of this issue.

Maybe 5 minutes?
  • Options

Compensation amount not withstanding,
    This is just continuing of an alarming trend of CG not properly testing their product. Been happening almost every release of new content that something is bugged and needs a fix. If it hurts the players, it takes time. Helps the players? You bet it’ll be fixed by end of the day
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Yep, and as the game becomes more complicated, it becomes harder and harder to be perfect. (See above comments regarding fallibility of people)

They shut down the light Side GeoTb when it was hurting players. Free Malak shards for some players impacted the investment made by earlier players, so definitely had a "hurt player" component. Still haven't fixed the Ani-cheese interaction that "helps players" auto a chunk of the sith raid. Let's not exaggerate what is going on.

This bug has been acknowledged. The next dark side GeoTb starts in 3.5 weeks, so probably at least two patches between now and then. This bug isn't worth spooling down the TB because the total impact to guilds is very low. The sky isn't falling. If they haven't fixed it by next time, I'd say escalated rhetoric of frustration is warranted, but at this point they've had no opportunity to fix the issue and compensation may not even be warranted. So... Let's let these fallible devs continue to try and fix things.
  • Options
    Yep, and as the game becomes more complicated, it becomes harder and harder to be perfect. (See above comments regarding fallibility of people)

They shut down the light Side GeoTb when it was hurting players. Free Malak shards for some players impacted the investment made by earlier players, so definitely had a "hurt player" component. Still haven't fixed the Ani-cheese interaction that "helps players" auto a chunk of the sith raid. Let's not exaggerate what is going on.

This bug has been acknowledged. The next dark side GeoTb starts in 3.5 weeks, so probably at least two patches between now and then. This bug isn't worth spooling down the TB because the total impact to guilds is very low. The sky isn't falling. If they haven't fixed it by next time, I'd say escalated rhetoric of frustration is warranted, but at this point they've had no opportunity to fix the issue and compensation may not even be warranted. So... Let's let these fallible devs continue to try and fix things.

If there weren’t bugs from even the most simplistic interactions between new toons and established meta (see hux and sith empire) many would agree that mistakes happen. However whether it be a complicated interaction, or plain as day bug, the new norm is whatever is released is going to be broken. That’s the main issue. Not a slip up here and there, which is inevitable in Mobile game coding. It’s becoming a constant
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    There are lots of bugs yes. There are new bugs introduced with pretty much every patch yes. However, the assertion that any issue that "helps players" is immediately fixed while detrimental issues are allowed to linger is inaccurate and an exaggeration.

I also can't think of any bugs with the new Sith Trooper, so maybe they got that one right?
  • Options
    There are lots of bugs yes. There are new bugs introduced with pretty much every patch yes. However, the assertion that any issue that "helps players" is immediately fixed while detrimental issues are allowed to linger is inaccurate and an exaggeration.

I also can't think of any bugs with the new Sith Trooper, so maybe they got that one right?

Issues that help players are immediately fixed nute raid team was nerfed within 24 hours along with many other teams that performed better than expected.

When there is a bug that makes the ai stronger or player less strong it lingers for months and months.

You have to be not paying attention to any bugs reports and fixes if you beleive otherwise. Anyone who's paying half attention knows this.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Issues that help players are immediately fixed nute raid team was nerfed within 24 hours along with many other teams that performed better than expected.

When there is a bug that makes the ai stronger or player less strong it lingers for months and months.

You have to be not paying attention to any bugs reports and fixes if you beleive otherwise. Anyone who's paying half attention knows this.

And you have to be not paying attention to the posts above you where I clearly cited examples that disprove your theory.

Sure, some bugs that "help players" are fixed quickly, and some bugs that "hurt players" take longer. AND some bugs that "help players" linger, and some bugs that "hurt players" are fixed immediately. Therefore it is intellectually dishonest and lazy to assert that as a status quo, when it is demonstrably false.
  • Options
    At first glance, he’s making too big a deal of this. After thinking it over, he does have a point. The amount of resources it takes to 7* malevolence is staggering. After dropping all of that on a ship and then not being able to use it in a game mode that it is intended for has gotta be frustrating to the extreme. Remember how many people were ready to burn everything to the ground because they weren’t allowed to use Jedi Knight Revan in TW for a little while? I think he deserves some crystals for it. Not a lot, but some. Maybe 200.
  • Options
    People aren’t having to buy expensive bundles to unlock malevolence, so this will likely get back burnered like the fives bug.
  • Options

And you have to be not paying attention to the posts above you where I clearly cited examples that disprove your theory.

Sure, some bugs that "help players" are fixed quickly, and some bugs that "hurt players" take longer. AND some bugs that "help players" linger, and some bugs that "hurt players" are fixed immediately. Therefore it is intellectually dishonest and lazy to assert that as a status quo, when it is demonstrably false.

Fives 5th slot bug.
    Malevolence bug in TB
    Teebo Bug
    Missing Wat and KAM shards
    Wrong Ashoka in TB platoons
    GAS doesn’t gain proper bonus TM.
    GAS can be critically hit when all allies are gone.
    Extra reinforcements in fleet arena
    GAC disappearing after joining

Should I keep going? How long did it take them to fix those? Ahhh still busted. (Teebo took years to fix lol)

On the flip side?

Team comps allowing full clear phases in HSTR (non loops)
    Hux interaction with sith empire
    JKA with JKR lineups
    Palpatine against Malak

Oh those aren’t even bugs really. Just interactions of the most basic level that they failed to test and nerf existing characters to cover their lack of testing.

Like it’s been said, their failure is being amplified by the fact that these bugs slip into the game with almost every update. They’re failing to properly test their product to avoid a big influx in bugs. Wanna know how you fix that? Beta tester/ game changer program to allow actual testing of their game. Kinda funny how these issues became amplified once these programs were axed.... hmmmm
  • DarthBarron
    339 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    At first glance, he’s making too big a deal of this. After thinking it over, he does have a point. The amount of resources it takes to 7* malevolence is staggering. After dropping all of that on a ship and then not being able to use it in a game mode that it is intended for has gotta be frustrating to the extreme. Remember how many people were ready to burn everything to the ground because they weren’t allowed to use Jedi Knight Revan in TW for a little while? I think he deserves some crystals for it. Not a lot, but some. Maybe 200.

TBF, the reason I am making a "big point about it" has more to do with the silence form the devs, then the bug itself. I get it, stuff happens. And you are right, it took a lot of resources and planning, not only for Malovence but planning, upgrading and working with a viable and reliable M*LF counter to Neg to be able to assure #1 in arena while I waited for Mal to drop.

All it would have taken was five minutes on Crumbs' time to post, "Hey guys, really sorry, there was an unintended interaction with the Malovence and DS TB Ship Battles. We will look into and get it corrected for the next DS TB. We have always intended Malovence to be able to participate in these battles".

Do I really care/need a little make good? No. Do I think it is warranted? Yes. And more importantly, I think it should have been addressed.
    Do or Do not.

• Options

TBF, the reason I am making a "big point about it" has more to do with the silence form the devs, then the bug itself. I get it, stuff happens. And you are right, it took a lot of resources and planning, not only for Malovence but planning, upgrading and working with a viable and reliable M*LF counter to Neg to be able to assure #1 in arena while I waited for Mal to drop.

All it would have taken was five minutes on Crumbs' time to post, "Hey guys, really sorry, there was an unintended interaction with the Malovence and DS TB Ship Battles. We will look into and get it corrected for the next DS TB. We have always intended Malovence to be able to participate in these battles".

Do I really care/need a little make good? No. Do I think it is warranted? Yes. And more importantly, I think it should have been addressed.

They probally dont have permission to comment. Not sure what else could be holding it up... its obviously a geonosian.
  • Options
    jkray acting like the only inconvenience is having to pick a different capital ship to use, not the tens or hundreds of thousands of GET2 spent to get Malevolence to 7 stars in the first place
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Crowny wrote: »
    jkray acting like the only inconvenience is having to pick a different capital ship to use, not the tens or hundreds of thousands of GET2 spent to get Malevolence to 7 stars in the first place

The 89,100 GET2 a player had to spend to get a 7* Malevolence is not wasted. That player is likely using Malevolence in Grand Arena and Fleet Arena. If the devs fix this issue before the next time the player has missed out on 1-4 battles with his malevolence in a single TB, in which he merely had to “select another capital ship.”

Pretending like all that GET2 was wasted is a huge overreaction and is a great example of the drama that should be avoided here. The OP didn’t spend hours changing his TB plan, and his GET2 wasn’t wasted.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Crowny wrote: »

The 89,100 GET2 a player had to spend to get a 7* Malevolence is not wasted. That player is likely using Malevolence in Grand Arena and Fleet Arena. If the devs fix this issue before the next time the player has missed out on 1-4 battles with his malevolence in a single TB, in which he merely had to “select another capital ship.”

Pretending like all that GET2 was wasted is a huge overreaction and is a great example of the drama that should be avoided here. The OP didn’t spend hours changing his TB plan, and his GET2 wasn’t wasted.

The point is that the potential use in TB was part of the decision to farm Malevolence instead of Nego in the first place. If it was known that it will be unusable for some period of time (with new capitals possibly released in the meantime), the decision might have been different.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Fives 5th slot bug.
    Malevolence bug in TB
    Teebo Bug

Should I keep going? How long did it take them to fix those? Ahhh still busted. (Teebo took years to fix lol)

On the flip side?

JKA with JKR lineups
    Palpatine against Malak

Oh those aren’t even bugs really. Just interactions of the most basic level that they failed to test and nerf existing characters to cover their lack of testing.

Like it’s been said, their failure is being amplified by the fact that these bugs slip into the game with almost every update. They’re failing to properly test their product to avoid a big influx in bugs. Wanna know how you fix that? Beta tester/ game changer program to allow actual testing of their game. Kinda funny how these issues became amplified once these programs were axed.... hmmmm

Half the examples you are citing help some players and hurt others, therefore are irrelevant. "Palpatine vs Malak" and "Hux vs Gas" for example - those unintended interactions helped players who don't have the didn't have the Malak/GAS, yet hurt the players who have Malak/GAS. You can't accurately classify them as "bugs that help players."

Meanwhile a bug like the Anakin loop in HSTR p3 was announced months ago and still exists, even though it "helps players."

People tend to pay more attention to things they don't like, and therefore perception is skewed towards the negative. If they quickly fix a negative bug, most people won't "celebrate" - they will just accept that as the expected state and won't pay special attention.

So again - the claim that they always fix bugs that are beneficial to players ASAP, yet delay fixes if something hurts a player is "fake news."
  • Options

Fives 5th slot bug.
    Malevolence bug in TB
    Teebo Bug

On the flip side?

JKA with JKR lineups
    Palpatine against Malak

Half the examples you are citing help some players and hurt others, therefore are irrelevant. "Palpatine vs Malak" and "Hux vs Gas" for example - those unintended interactions helped players who don't have the didn't have the Malak/GAS, yet hurt the players who have Malak/GAS. You can't accurately classify them as "bugs that help players."

Meanwhile a bug like the Anakin loop in HSTR p3 was announced months ago and still exists, even though it "helps players."

People tend to pay more attention to things they don't like, and therefore perception is skewed towards the negative. If they quickly fix a negative bug, most people won't "celebrate" - they will just accept that as the expected state and won't pay special attention.

So again - the claim that they always fix bugs that are beneficial to players ASAP, yet delay fixes if something hurts a player is "fake news."

And yet you’re stuck on the “always”. More often than not, if it’s beneficial to the players, they get fixed quicker. You’re also ignoring the fact these interactions happen among the most common team comps but get missed, hence the more glaring problem of them not testing their product properly and therefore far more bugs getting sent out with every release.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Fives 5th slot bug.
    Malevolence bug in TB
    Teebo Bug

On the flip side?

JKA with JKR lineups
    Palpatine against Malak

And yet you’re stuck on the “always”. More often than not, if it’s beneficial to the players, they get fixed quicker. You’re also ignoring the fact these interactions happen among the most common team comps but get missed, hence the more glaring problem of them not testing their product properly and therefore far more bugs getting sent out with every release.

I'm stuck on "always" because your assertion is they "always" let deleterious bugs linger (with the insinuation that it's done intentionally to hurt players). Now you're changing your assertion to say it happens the majority of the time, yet you still provide no data to support your assertion. Please provide a list of every bug that has been introduced, whether or was "player favorable", "player harmful," or "both," and then provide the timeframe within which each was addressed.

The list you provided only had 4 bugs that can be classified as "player harmful":
    Teebo bug- lasted a long time, but they tried several times unsuccessfully to fix, so it's not like they just left it alone. It was also years ago...
    GAC disappearing - most likely these are all user errors but I know the studio had been actively trying to find out what's happening.
    Missing Wat/KAM shards - again, actively investigating.
    Malevolence unavailable - without spooling down the current TB, there's been no opportunity to fix this. That would be an overreaction given the minimal impact to the overall community, so this bug has not lingered so far.

So even within your own list, the assertion that the studio chooses to leave these deleterious bugs active longer is not supported. Trying to fix it and being unable to quickly is different than just leaving it because they want to hurt players.

Meanwhile when zones weren't opening in light side GeoTb they addressed it day of. That was definitely to help players, but you choose to leave it and Ani-cheese off your list because they don't support your assertion. "Cherry picking" your data is intellectually dishonest. Please be better, or just stop making overall claims that your can't support with facts.
  • Options

Fives 5th slot bug.
    Malevolence bug in TB
    Teebo Bug

On the flip side?

JKA with JKR lineups
    Palpatine against Malak

I'm stuck on "always" because your assertion is they "always" let deleterious bugs linger (with the insinuation that it's done intentionally to hurt players). Now you're changing your assertion to say it happens the majority of the time, yet you still provide no data to support your assertion. Please provide a list of every bug that has been introduced, whether or was "player favorable", "player harmful," or "both," and then provide the timeframe within which each was addressed.

The list you provided only had 4 bugs that can be classified as "player harmful":
    Teebo bug- lasted a long time, but they tried several times unsuccessfully to fix, so it's not like they just left it alone. It was also years ago...
    GAC disappearing - most likely these are all user errors but I know the studio had been actively trying to find out what's happening.
    Malevolence unavailable - without spooling down the current TB, there's been no opportunity to fix this. That would be an overreaction given the minimal impact to the overall community, so this bug has not lingered so far.

So even within your own list, the assertion that the studio chooses to leave these deleterious bugs active longer is not supported. Trying to fix it and being unable to quickly is different than just leaving it because they want to hurt players.

Meanwhile when zones weren't opening in light side GeoTb they addressed it day of. That was definitely to help players, but you choose to leave it and Ani-cheese off your list because they don't support your assertion. "Cherry picking" your data is intellectually dishonest. Please be better, or just stop making overall claims that your can't support with facts.

So without a complete comprehensive list of every single bug ever in the game, you won’t admit that they are quicker to fix player beneficial bugs than those that hurt players. Mkay lol. Hold your breath while I get right on that!

You also left out the 5’s bug, wrong Ashoka, GAS bugs, etc. Please note that it’s taking them a long time to fix those as well comparative to other reactions. I left out Ani-cheese because it’s not really a bug just as you stated the hux/Palp team comps weren’t bugs and were half hurting and half helping.

But yet again, you are choosing to also ignore the main point that the reason a bug like the malevolence TB deployment is being blown up into a big thing is because people are getting tired of bugged and untested content with almost every release. That’s the bigger issue but of course you want to ignore that because as you accused me of, it doesn’t fit your narrative making you intellectually dishonest. Care to chime in on their lack of content testing?
  • Options
    While I agree there is a pattern of bugs that I would say is unacceptable the speed at which they fix bugs is not related to how it will hurt or help players. The priority is based on how it affects game integrity and economy. The malak bug was fixed immediately and at great expense to the studio because it allowed people who didnt spend/save their get wisely to catch up to people who did. Therefore breaking the in game economy by marginalizing players investments. Its alot of give and take but the bottom line is bugs are bad and I feel like they need a bigger staff to manage this game as it grows, but I dont think they are intentionally malicious even though it can feel that way sometimes
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    While I agree there is a pattern of bugs that I would say is unacceptable the speed at which they fix bugs is not related to how it will hurt or help players. The priority is based on how it affects game integrity and economy. The malak bug was fixed immediately and at great expense to the studio because it allowed people who didnt spend/save their get wisely to catch up to people who did. Therefore breaking the in game economy by marginalizing players investments. Its alot of give and take but the bottom line is bugs are bad and I feel like they need a bigger staff to manage this game as it grows, but I dont think they are intentionally malicious even though it can feel that way sometimes

Grey's law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options

Fives 5th slot bug.
    Malevolence bug in TB
    Teebo Bug

On the flip side?

JKA with JKR lineups
    Palpatine against Malak

So without a complete comprehensive list of every single bug ever in the game, you won’t admit that they are quicker to fix player beneficial bugs than those that hurt players. Mkay lol. Hold your breath while I get right on that!

You also left out the 5’s bug, wrong Ashoka, GAS bugs, etc. Please note that it’s taking them a long time to fix those as well comparative to other reactions. I left out Ani-cheese because it’s not really a bug just as you stated the hux/Palp team comps weren’t bugs and were half hurting and half helping.

But yet again, you are choosing to also ignore the main point that the reason a bug like the malevolence TB deployment is being blown up into a big thing is because people are getting tired of bugged and untested content with almost every release. That’s the bigger issue but of course you want to ignore that because as you accused me of, it doesn’t fit your narrative making you intellectually dishonest. Care to chime in on their lack of content testing?

You made the assertion that the studio "always" does this. I disproved it. You now modify it from 100% to >50% but provide no meaningful data to support your assertion. Burden of proof is on you to support your statement. If you can't provide the supporting evidence, maybe don't make the claim?

I didn't leave out the 5s bug, wrong Ahsoka in platoons, or Gas gameplay bugs. Those help some people and hurt others, therefore don't fit into your "this hurts people" bucket.

I have already discussed and acknowledged how bugs are introduced, and pointed out that the increased complexity of the game will continue to be problematic. (reading is good!) One data point we don't have access to is to see how many bugs they identify and fix before releases. As the game becomes bigger and bigger, there are more things that can break. Players constantly clamor for more content, and the studio will have to balance cost, speed, and quality, all the while testing in unfinalized builds.

So when I step back and look at the whole picture, it becomes pretty apparent that the timing of bug fixes is not a conspiracy aimed at annoying players, but instead is pretty consistent with a software studio run by fallible people who are trying their best.
  • Options

Fives 5th slot bug.
    Malevolence bug in TB
    Teebo Bug

On the flip side?

JKA with JKR lineups
    Palpatine against Malak

You made the assertion that the studio "always" does this. I disproved it. You now modify it from 100% to >50% but provide no meaningful data to support your assertion. Burden of proof is on you to support your statement. If you can't provide the supporting evidence, maybe don't make the claim?

I didn't leave out the 5s bug, wrong Ahsoka in platoons, or Gas gameplay bugs. Those help some people and hurt others, therefore don't fit into your "this hurts people" bucket.

I have already discussed and acknowledged how bugs are introduced, and pointed out that the increased complexity of the game will continue to be problematic. (reading is good!) One data point we don't have access to is to see how many bugs they identify and fix before releases. As the game becomes bigger and bigger, there are more things that can break. Players constantly clamor for more content, and the studio will have to balance cost, speed, and quality, all the while testing in unfinalized builds.

So when I step back and look at the whole picture, it becomes pretty apparent that the timing of bug fixes is not a conspiracy aimed at annoying players, but instead is pretty consistent with a software studio run by fallible people who are trying their best.

The 5’s bug helps people? The wrong Ashoka for platoons...helps people? Interesting....

But clearly you’re going to defend CG’s run of poor quality testing and write it off as them simply being “fallible people.” How dare we as a player base expect a development company to test a new character with an established meta...the nerve!
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Fives 5th slot bug.
    Malevolence bug in TB
    Teebo Bug

On the flip side?

JKA with JKR lineups
    Palpatine against Malak

The 5’s bug helps people? The wrong Ashoka for platoons...helps people? Interesting....

But clearly you’re going to defend CG’s run of poor quality testing and write it off as them simply being “fallible people.” How dare we as a player base expect a development company to test a new character with an established meta...the nerve!

If I set 5s in the wrong spot, the zeta may not work properly. An opponent who knows this can take advantage of it, and potentially beat my squad when they otherwise couldn’t. Just like GAS gameplay issues, it hurts one team and provides an advantage to the other. (Edit: also don't forget Crumb provided us with the workaround immediately)

The wrong Ashoka. Are there any guilds who found the incorrect requirements easier to fill? Maybe newer players who haven’t farmed ATF because she’s an irrelevant unit? So can hurt some and help others.

What percentage of bugs does the studio catch before release vs include in release? Is their percentage of released bugs higher or lower than it was two years ago? Are they getting better or worse? I don't have their internal testing info - and therefore I try not make blanket statements about their performance without supporting data. Even if the gross number of bugs is increasing (and I don’t believe either of us has that data), they still might be doing a better job than before.

I would like fewer bugs introduced, but recognize some are inevitable. My intent is to try and help people recognize that fact, and stop blowing things out of proportion.
This discussion has been closed.