Requesting an End to All 3v3: Squad and Ships

1235Next

Replies

  • Jarvind wrote: »
    I have slower mods than everyone on my squad shard, but I don't complain about it. I farm more mods and try to get better.

    RNG is part of the game. It's part of almost any game. You can't be fine with it when it works in your favor and declare it "broken" when it doesn't. If you want a game with zero RNG I would suggest tic-tac-toe.
    He'd still be complaining about RNG unless his opponent made the exact same moves every game. ;)
  • Not a fan of 3v3 but reaped the benefits of others not being a fan of it either. I just let the game auto D as did my opponents and I would check in with 30 mins left and clear some teams that would ensure my victory.

    3v3 is infinitely better than restricting toons.
    A single territory of 3v3 would be interesting.
    5v5 is what everyone is calling for but run the risk of players complaining it’s the same squads over and over.

    I enjoy that CG took the risk to put it back. A whole month of it was tough but we made it through!

    Now just waiting on payout to buy some Kyros.
  • vincentlondon
    3756 posts Member
    edited January 12
    End the 3v3 now

    Noone likes it
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    My biggest problem is the stupid and excessive amount of RNG every "new" character brings with it. Same with ships, General Kenobi's capital ship should be called the "Surprise Mechanic" and people put it on defense and you don't know what will happen, same as in fleet arena.

    So in 3v3, RNG creates so many more possibilities, not to mention the ridiculous bugs that you STILL HAVENT FIXED CG. (i.e., the Dooku "freeze" bug where the game screws up sometimes, which is even worse if he's on defense and freezes your game, like happened to me today.)

    But it's a good thing we had a Q&A session to answer 57 questions about the "art" in the game yesterday...

    Yes, it used to be fun and sometimes it still is. But you hit some characters (relics magnifies the RNG ten fold) on defense and who knows what'll happen. (Hux on a team with KRU and FOX apparently means they each take two turns for every one turn you take, even without his zeta. good deal.)

    Have you considered reading kits?

    bgflwvgz3400.png

    Which ones? The one for the broken character that gets implemented they immediately have to fix? or the G12 3 star because they just said, "meh, whatever" or the other character they had to change because its kit made it too good without spending 1000 bucks on it? Or the other character that worked so well with other factions they tweaked the kit to make it just like so many, only faction specific? Or even the character you unlock at 5 star that is pretty much garbage until it hits 7 star and gets relic'd up, that you have to have excessive character levels to beat the "event" for? (The one with 4 zetas and 12 pages of kit description...)

    CG keeps releasing broken things and leaving broken other things broken for years. With that the RNG Factor increases substantially. But at least you're here to protect them and defend them, CG Defense Force! :smile:

    If anything, it just helped me realize that they aren't spending the income they receive on worthwhile efforts, so I am happy to go back to not spending anything and use that dispensable income on other games and entertainment. Perhaps if they get back on track in the future things will change. (a company that's made almost a Billion dollars off this game that can't communicate effectively with it's player base.)

    If you'd read the kits on those "broken" characters though, maybe they wouldn't have run a train on you.

    You can't just mash buttons, then get mad when you lose and expect anyone to sympathize.

    yep, that's what I do, I just "mash buttons" all the time. Such presumption...

    And yes, those "broken" characters were in fact broken, buggy, overpowered, etc. Whatever your vernacular is. The only kit I didn't fully read is Hux's kit because of the changes they made to it.

    And if you don't think RNG is a more substantial factor in this game than even a year ago, I would think you're like the dev's that say they play the game a lot because they've "restarted" their account 4 times...

    I win just fine when I have a "normal" battle. When my team doesn't get crit attacks, when my debuffs don't stack, when my ships don't assist like they should be, that's when I get upset because the RNG factor swings so absurdly far to the AI winning it makes it useless to try. That's not because "the kit" says so, it's because the RNG determines I'm going to do absolutely horrible. The same RNG that decides some people who play for 3 months get 25 +20 speed mods and I have that many after playing for 3 years.

    3v3 accentuates the RNG even more so, same as ships 2.0 because if you lose one character, you're in severe trouble compared to if you're in 5v5 and you lose one.

    And your continued reply with that condescending little note is very trollsome...

    I have slower mods than everyone on my squad shard, but I don't complain about it. I farm more mods and try to get better.

    RNG is part of the game. It's part of almost any game. You can't be fine with it when it works in your favor and declare it "broken" when it doesn't. If you want a game with zero RNG I would suggest tic-tac-toe.

    There you go being full-extreme absolutist again. I'm not sure if CG is smiling at you or laughing at you for defending them so ardently for zero pay.
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I have slower mods than everyone on my squad shard, but I don't complain about it. I farm more mods and try to get better.

    RNG is part of the game. It's part of almost any game. You can't be fine with it when it works in your favor and declare it "broken" when it doesn't. If you want a game with zero RNG I would suggest tic-tac-toe.
    He'd still be complaining about RNG unless his opponent made the exact same moves every game. ;)

    Sounds like you said the same thing as your fellow CG Defense Force colleague stated. Interesting.

    Do you all have your own discord of talking points for daily responses? Or do you just have meetings and discuss how to respond to any complaint, concern, or critique a player might have of the game?

    I'd try to explain the balance of RNG in a "game", but I don't think it would matter. I already said there's an increase in RNG factoring into the game since even a year ago, but I never said "zero" RNG or anything of the sort. But hey, keep maintaining your own perceptions of everyone critiquing the game as being the enemy.
  • Jarvind
    3249 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    My biggest problem is the stupid and excessive amount of RNG every "new" character brings with it. Same with ships, General Kenobi's capital ship should be called the "Surprise Mechanic" and people put it on defense and you don't know what will happen, same as in fleet arena.

    So in 3v3, RNG creates so many more possibilities, not to mention the ridiculous bugs that you STILL HAVENT FIXED CG. (i.e., the Dooku "freeze" bug where the game screws up sometimes, which is even worse if he's on defense and freezes your game, like happened to me today.)

    But it's a good thing we had a Q&A session to answer 57 questions about the "art" in the game yesterday...

    Yes, it used to be fun and sometimes it still is. But you hit some characters (relics magnifies the RNG ten fold) on defense and who knows what'll happen. (Hux on a team with KRU and FOX apparently means they each take two turns for every one turn you take, even without his zeta. good deal.)

    Have you considered reading kits?

    bgflwvgz3400.png

    Which ones? The one for the broken character that gets implemented they immediately have to fix? or the G12 3 star because they just said, "meh, whatever" or the other character they had to change because its kit made it too good without spending 1000 bucks on it? Or the other character that worked so well with other factions they tweaked the kit to make it just like so many, only faction specific? Or even the character you unlock at 5 star that is pretty much garbage until it hits 7 star and gets relic'd up, that you have to have excessive character levels to beat the "event" for? (The one with 4 zetas and 12 pages of kit description...)

    CG keeps releasing broken things and leaving broken other things broken for years. With that the RNG Factor increases substantially. But at least you're here to protect them and defend them, CG Defense Force! :smile:

    If anything, it just helped me realize that they aren't spending the income they receive on worthwhile efforts, so I am happy to go back to not spending anything and use that dispensable income on other games and entertainment. Perhaps if they get back on track in the future things will change. (a company that's made almost a Billion dollars off this game that can't communicate effectively with it's player base.)

    If you'd read the kits on those "broken" characters though, maybe they wouldn't have run a train on you.

    You can't just mash buttons, then get mad when you lose and expect anyone to sympathize.

    yep, that's what I do, I just "mash buttons" all the time. Such presumption...

    And yes, those "broken" characters were in fact broken, buggy, overpowered, etc. Whatever your vernacular is. The only kit I didn't fully read is Hux's kit because of the changes they made to it.

    And if you don't think RNG is a more substantial factor in this game than even a year ago, I would think you're like the dev's that say they play the game a lot because they've "restarted" their account 4 times...

    I win just fine when I have a "normal" battle. When my team doesn't get crit attacks, when my debuffs don't stack, when my ships don't assist like they should be, that's when I get upset because the RNG factor swings so absurdly far to the AI winning it makes it useless to try. That's not because "the kit" says so, it's because the RNG determines I'm going to do absolutely horrible. The same RNG that decides some people who play for 3 months get 25 +20 speed mods and I have that many after playing for 3 years.

    3v3 accentuates the RNG even more so, same as ships 2.0 because if you lose one character, you're in severe trouble compared to if you're in 5v5 and you lose one.

    And your continued reply with that condescending little note is very trollsome...

    I have slower mods than everyone on my squad shard, but I don't complain about it. I farm more mods and try to get better.

    RNG is part of the game. It's part of almost any game. You can't be fine with it when it works in your favor and declare it "broken" when it doesn't. If you want a game with zero RNG I would suggest tic-tac-toe.

    There you go being full-extreme absolutist again. I'm not sure if CG is smiling at you or laughing at you for defending them so ardently for zero pay.
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I have slower mods than everyone on my squad shard, but I don't complain about it. I farm more mods and try to get better.

    RNG is part of the game. It's part of almost any game. You can't be fine with it when it works in your favor and declare it "broken" when it doesn't. If you want a game with zero RNG I would suggest tic-tac-toe.
    He'd still be complaining about RNG unless his opponent made the exact same moves every game. ;)

    Sounds like you said the same thing as your fellow CG Defense Force colleague stated. Interesting.

    Do you all have your own discord of talking points for daily responses? Or do you just have meetings and discuss how to respond to any complaint, concern, or critique a player might have of the game?

    I'd try to explain the balance of RNG in a "game", but I don't think it would matter. I already said there's an increase in RNG factoring into the game since even a year ago, but I never said "zero" RNG or anything of the sort. But hey, keep maintaining your own perceptions of everyone critiquing the game as being the enemy.

    I'm starting to feel like your avatar might not be sincere, man.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png



  • End the 3v3 now

    Noone likes it

    hdrqb1giebgb.png
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    There you go being full-extreme absolutist again. I'm not sure if CG is smiling at you or laughing at you for defending them so ardently for zero pay.


    Sounds like you said the same thing as your fellow CG Defense Force colleague stated. Interesting.

    Do you all have your own discord of talking points for daily responses? Or do you just have meetings and discuss how to respond to any complaint, concern, or critique a player might have of the game?

    I'd try to explain the balance of RNG in a "game", but I don't think it would matter. I already said there's an increase in RNG factoring into the game since even a year ago, but I never said "zero" RNG or anything of the sort. But hey, keep maintaining your own perceptions of everyone critiquing the game as being the enemy.

    Is it really impossible for two people to hold the same opinion and actually not have a problem with things not going their way? Also if you assume all people who disagree with you see you as the enemy, is that how you see them?
  • End the 3v3 now

    Noone likes it

    I like it. It’s a refreshing change of pace.

    I was against it at first, but the vitriol people have for it pushed me to ambivalence. Now that it’s over I’m glad to have had something that wasn’t just the standard fare. I’m ready to go back to eating the same 5-v-5 oatmeal I’ve eaten for the past 4 years, but it’s nice to know I had some flavor once.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    19901 posts Member
    I don't understand why people think "I don't like it therefore no one does."
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I don't understand why people think "I don't like it therefore no one does."

    I AM THE PROTAGONIST OF REALITY
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png



  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I have slower mods than everyone on my squad shard, but I don't complain about it. I farm more mods and try to get better.

    RNG is part of the game. It's part of almost any game. You can't be fine with it when it works in your favor and declare it "broken" when it doesn't. If you want a game with zero RNG I would suggest tic-tac-toe.
    He'd still be complaining about RNG unless his opponent made the exact same moves every game. ;)

    Sounds like you said the same thing as your fellow CG Defense Force colleague stated. Interesting.
    Nah, all I said there was that you would whine no matter what.
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I'd try to explain the balance of RNG in a "game", but I don't think it would matter.
    Ooh, please do! This should be entertaining. :D
  • I absolutly hate 3v3 now. I faced the same people constantly, faced the same cookie cutter line ups constantly, if you think this mode has some sort of variance for everyone you’re dead wrong. Maybe some people got lucky and faced other people who were not smart and tossed crap up which made it fun for YOU, but not everyone has had the same experience. My experience has been garbage, yes I’m kyber
  • Shaddesy wrote: »
    I absolutly hate 3v3 now. I faced the same people constantly, faced the same cookie cutter line ups constantly, if you think this mode has some sort of variance for everyone you’re dead wrong. Maybe some people got lucky and faced other people who were not smart and tossed crap up which made it fun for YOU, but not everyone has had the same experience. My experience has been garbage, yes I’m kyber

    I had lots of variation in my matches. Sure you get some synergistic teams that are pretty cookie cut (dr/mal/bast) but i noticed many different seemingly weird teams that actually surprised me. Found it much more mixed than 5s actually.

    My opponents didn't 'toss crap' either. Sorry that your experience **** but it's a bit short sighted to say an opponent isn't smart for placing something unexpected. I was tripped up a few times this GAC from weird comps and had to really think and plan to 1-shot other ones.

    3s is good. Hopefully it continues.
  • NiNj
    13 posts Member
    I dont mind 3v3 gac but 4 weeks was getting tedious. Maybe just alternating them 2 weeks then 2 weeks perhaps. But I completely agree with what he said about ships being reduced to 3 v 3. It's become an rng nightmare of meta only teams. It wouldn't have been so bad had you not nerfed a bunch of ships when you converted but you did like you do nerf everything.
  • NiNj
    13 posts Member
    I also think maybe mixing 3v3 & 5v5 in gac would be very interesting
  • I thought that I would dislike 3v3, but I actually enjoyed it.

    So I would really like to see it from time to time.

    If you put your mind to it, test squads, rethink some if your compositions, maybe you could enjoy it too? :)
  • I like the 3v3 and having fleet in there, so I disagree with your sentiment.

    They need to rework TW a bit to force more fleet battles. Move the fleet to the middle instead of the top in TW.
  • I like the 3v3 and having fleet in there, so I disagree

    The nice thing about GAC is they can really get crazy with it if they want. The only thing stopping them from doing a GAC of only ships is figuring out how to make it so you can use the same ships on offense and defense. Work that out and all of a sudden you have a whoooooole lot of people mad that they ignored half the game 🤗
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I like the 3v3 and having fleet in there, so I disagree

    The nice thing about GAC is they can really get crazy with it if they want. The only thing stopping them from doing a GAC of only ships is figuring out how to make it so you can use the same ships on offense and defense. Work that out and all of a sudden you have a whoooooole lot of people mad that they ignored half the game 🤗

    I am 3 million GP. I can field 2 ship offenses and 2 defenses. Won't be great but I can do it
Sign In or Register to comment.