[VIDEO UPDATE] The 100,000+ HP team

Prev1
Nonemo
1656 posts Member
edited March 2016
So, I've had a lot of fun building teams that aren't considered "meta". I'd like to share one of those builds, which provided with a lot of easy victories.

Barriss (leader) 22,403 HP
Fives 20,507 HP
Royal Guard 19,455 HP
Old Ben 20,995 HP
Kit Fisto 19,755 HP

(All numbers are for maxed gear, lv70, 7*)
This team outlasted pretty much every other team out there and was actually a lot of fun to play. Problem was, since I used almost exclusively characters considered non meta, I'd get focused down and drop a lot in ranks over night. So I eventually abandoned it.

With the upcoming changes, a team like this might become viable again so I thought I should post it as food for thought.

If I made another attempt at this team after the update, I'd replace Kit Fisto for Savage Oppress. With Barriss lead, Savage has a very sturdy 19,175 HP, and would be the heavy hitter in an otherwise rather low damage team. Fisto is unfortunately a little lack lustre.
Post edited by Nonemo on

Replies

• Options
    I am slowly farming some high HP heroes. Did you think of Tusken Raider? He hits pretty hard. And with Barris lead he has 17,5K Hp
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't considered Tusken Raider actually! A very decent attacker for sure. Problem might be that in a team like this his Assist attack wouldn't shine. 50% chance to call a low damage attacker like Barriss or RG.

Otoh, calling those two would mean a chance to either stun the opponent or heal your team a little. Might not be all that bad, really.
  • Options
    How about adding Kylo/Poggle instead of RG/Ben? Poggle makes everyone except Barriss hit quite good.
    Maybe even switch Barriss for Phasma, she's meaty, too, and provides nice buffs/debuffs.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    I was thinking about a similar team ... Kit Fisto would get replaced with Nightsisters Initiate and Old Ben with Savage (Old Ben wasnt F2P when i thought about it :smile:).
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Good idea, but not for arena.
    If in opponent's team is Poe Dameron, so your chances to win are too small.
    His ability "Resistance Bravado" expose your mega-tanks for 2 turns.
    Effect is very negative: Loses 20% Health if damaged by attack
    20% Health = ~4000 HP extra damage
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Can't switch out Barriss. You'd sacrifice ~14,100 HP by not using Barriss. That's like taking out one decently meaty toon.

Replacing old Ben might be a very good idea though. I noticed that he adds the most in the battles that went quickly, where his Mind Tricks had a lot of influence. But when battles drag out, like they tend to do with a team like this, his utility drops rapidly.

Kylo Ren instead of Old Ben would have 17,373 HP. Decent, but not a lot compared to the rest. You'd also trade away the strongest debuff in the game for Kylo. His regular attack hits for 500 LESS than old Ben (according to SWGOHCantina), and just like with Ben, people know not to target him down. I'm just not convinced that he'd be a decent trade-off.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    I was thinking about a similar team ... Kit Fisto would get replaced with Nightsisters Initiate and Old Ben with Savage (Old Ben wasnt F2P when i thought about it :smile:).

Truthfully, the only reason I went with Fisto is that he, being Jedi, gains a bigger HP bonus from Barriss. NSI might end up being a better choice actually.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    5Strogino wrote: »
    Good idea, but not for arena.
    If in opponent's team is Poe Dameron, so your chances to win are too small.
    His ability "Resistance Bravado" expose your mega-tanks for 2 turns.
    Effect is very negative: Loses 20% Health if damaged by attack
    20% Health = ~4000 HP extra damage

Expose would be an excellent way to deal with this particular team, yes. But Poe's Expose is flimsy and will often just connect with one or two toons. I haven't had big problems vs Poe with this team at least.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    You could also think about FO ST ... his counter would add another annoying point to the team, together with fives, they might bring some ppl to choice another target.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Expose would be an excellent way to deal with this particular team, yes. But Poe's Expose is flimsy and will often just connect with one or two toons. I haven't had big problems vs Poe with this team at least.
    I made similar topic at russian forum with idea "survive in 5 minutes at arena" (if you got it, you stay at own place), but finally there is no that team.
    Yes, you have not big problems when attacking team with Poe, cause AI is not thinking like humans. But when defending, your team is not problem to attackers too.

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    You could also think about FO ST ... his counter would add another annoying point to the team, together with fives, they might bring some ppl to choice another target.

With the coming update, at skill level 8, FOST gets 80% counter rate! And with the upcoming changes to both Advantage and Defense, his secondary skill could be just awesome. With Barriss lead, today he'd have a very solid 19,322 HP too!

Fun thing that you'd have two different counter attacking toons, both applying Speed down on counter :)

FOST certainly seems like an excellent choice!
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Wouln't a Rex-led clone squad + RG + Ben be more effective ? I think it's pretty much what you're running atm, but what are their HP ?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    Wouln't a Rex-led clone squad + RG + Ben be more effective ? I think it's pretty much what you're running atm, but what are their HP ?

Rex 11,842 HP
    Fives 21,998 HP
    Clone Sergeant 13,738 HP
    RG 19,277
    Phasma 16,180 HP/Old Ben 18,895 HP

So, all in all a decent HP pool there too. Not as ungodly as with Barriss lead. And you'd sacrifice the extra healing per turn. But you'd get a whole lot of other benefits. That is, if you really wanted to run a Clone team. :) Rex should imo be used with Clones. The benefits of his skills and abilities are just too great not to. Barriss is more versatile in that regard.

Great thoughts and input so far! I hope some of the ideas in this discussion can be beneficial for people considering options for the future.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options

Rex 11,842 HP
    Fives 21,998 HP
    Clone Sergeant 13,738 HP
    RG 19,277

So, all in all a decent HP pool there too. Not as ungodly as with Barriss lead. And you'd sacrifice the extra healing per turn. But you'd get a whole lot of other benefits. That is, if you really wanted to run a Clone team. :) Rex should imo be used with Clones. The benefits of his skills and abilities are just too great not to. Barriss is more versatile in that regard.

Great thoughts and input so far! I hope some of the ideas in this discussion can be beneficial for people considering options for the future.

Wait why is Rex's HP so low ? I thought he was supposed to be pretty tanky. Why has CS more HP ?
    Do you have him at 7* max gear ?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

Rex 11,842 HP
    Fives 21,998 HP
    Clone Sergeant 13,738 HP
    RG 19,277

Wait why is Rex's HP so low ? I thought he was supposed to be pretty tanky. Why has CS more HP ?
    Do you have him at 7* max gear ?

Rex isn't tanky at all! Only 10,036 HP at max gear, 7* lv70. He's by far the least durable of the Clones. That is why I feel I need RG in my lineup. If Rex had more HP I wouldn't need it.
  • Options
    I think kit is going to be a monster at 80 maybe keep him
  • Options
    in the current meta, this team is doomed to fail, DEFENSIVELY.
    yea, most of teams attacking you will win you, since you can not kill them.
    Rey can do 6k+-, 10k+-, 13k+- with her skills, Fotp can do 14K+-, and 12K+-, Poe can expose... AoE teams will beat you easily.
    currently, this 100K hp team is one of the easiest to beat, since you can have 3/4 attackers that will not die (especially with taunter).
    Personally, im sure i will beat you with all my 5 toons alive.
    perhaps after the update it will be better, but right now, avoid using it.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Rey can do 6k+-, 10k+-, 13k+- with her skills, Fotp can do 14K+-, and 12K+-, Poe can expose... AoE teams will beat you easily.
    currently, this 100K hp team is one of the easiest to beat, since you can have 3/4 attackers that will not die (especially with taunter).

Oh but I've already used it plenty, and it was rather viable. Ben would keep Rey and FOST damage within reason, Fives slow them down, and Barriss heal them up. RG just taunted away whenever somebody got in the yellow. No biggie.

Maybe I should just post a video.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Its completely different, if you play your team (attacking) or if the AI does (defending). You focus on 1 char, AI spreads damage mostly randomly.
    Left by design.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Personally, I like the high hp idea and I was thinking of my own in another thread. You are correct that the high speed meta doesn't care about tanks, but with the new fortitude stat supposedly coming out and an increase in damage to slow toons (tanks), then I am absolutely curious about this.

I was thinking along the lines of Bariss (L), Poggle, 5s, Savage, RG. I wasn't sure if there is enough healing with Bariss, since her ability has a long cooldown. But, with poggle and savage there would be some hefty buffs all around.
  • Options

Oh but I've already used it plenty, and it was rather viable. Ben would keep Rey and FOST damage within reason, Fives slow them down, and Barriss heal them up. RG just taunted away whenever somebody got in the yellow. No biggie.

Defensively.
    in team of attackers, they can one shot, and therefore, doesnt really matter what the AI does.
    in your team, AI can never kill, this is like doing challanges on auto. no risk, no damage taken, just taking a bit long to finish. (instead of staying in the same battle for 4 minutes on purpose, we stay 3 mins while attacking and another min on purpose)
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

Defensively.
    in team of attackers, they can one shot, and therefore, doesnt really matter what the AI does.
    in your team, AI can never kill, this is like doing challanges on auto. no risk, no damage taken, just taking a bit long to finish. (instead of staying in the same battle for 4 minutes on purpose, we stay 3 mins while attacking and another min on purpose)

You're saying this as if not most battles on the Offense are won anyway? Since everybody can beat everybody else (because, as you state, AI doesn't focus fire), then why do you say that one particular team isn't any good because you can beat it, because AI doesn't focus fire? That goes for all teams.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    I try to put it into an example what he said:
    Im the attacker, i use Dooku/Sid/Lumi & Co ... your Ben will maybe hit Sid and cut off 1/3 of his health, your Fisto will hit Dooku and take somewhere around 1/4 of his life, your fives will attack lumi with assist, my lumi is down to 25%, and son on ... i have a very good chance, to keep all 5 chars of my team alive.
    Now, im attacking a speed-team: QGJ will attack Sid and call Rey as assist, Sid is gone. Rey will attack Dooku, Dooku gone, GS will attack Lumi + call assist ... Lumi gone ;)
    Left by design.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    Who cares how it performs on defense? No one wins on defense in serious arena matches.
  • Options
    Upload a video please.
    I want to see it in action.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Upload a video please.

But please speed it up. Like 5x.
  • Options
    Upload a video please.
    Upload a video please.

But please speed it up. Like 5x.

Hahaha :D

But really I'd like to see it especially with a kylo Phasma or Ben
  • Options
    Predian wrote: »
    Who cares how it performs on defense? No one wins on defense in serious arena matches.

.......................................... facepalm.
    i have some1 in my server i dont DARE to engage, cuz his AI will **** me.
    this guy is #1 for 4 months.

just an example, there are some more that i will lose vs their AI, and lot of players can lose vs lot of AIs.

That 100K hp team ? no1 should lose vs their AI.

now you see what i mean ?
  • Options

just an example, there are some more that i will lose vs their AI, and lot of players can lose vs lot of AIs.

You can post that team here and the forum will have it dissected in less than 60 seconds.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Ok ok, I see your point. There are teams you'll definitely have a harder time beating than others in the Arena. I don't quite buy that there's a "super team" on your ranking board that's been #1 for four months. That seems like a mild exaggeration to me.

In any case, I'd like to pull your attention to the OP where I stated that this team was meant as food for thought. This is a thread for constructive discussion. Thank you.