Just another whining post

Hi All,

Since there is nothing much or new to do in the game, thought I will draft the ceremonial whining post.

Episode 9 came and went by. We only got a couple of marquee toons. Remember that we will not be able to use even those for many months.

Galactic Legends were announced. After that, radio silence.

No new event or ship released relating to the movie.

Apart from a surprising GAS event re-run, nothing remotely interesting happened from Dec 2019 till date. (My state of mind after barely clearing P1 and P2 and giving up on P4 of the event is another story)

Absolutely no new content for many months (I refuse to call LS Geo TB - playable content)

Many stores and GW are absolutely redundant for mature players. CG can simply remove all those and just give us equivalent shard shop currency daily.

No SIM option for many recurring events, which are way past their expiry date and not fun anymore for mature players.

Stun guns, stun cuffs and carbantis (nothing more needs to be said here)

Having said all this, it is sad (but true) that players are the real losers and not CG. They are happily laughing their way to the bank (based on recent revenue report).

Replies

• Options
    We got hyperdrive bundles in December. I don’t know if you saw the in game announcements (since that wasn’t on your list).
  • Options
    Wait don't forget Relics, or with Grand Arena....

Don't forget them adding the Journey Guide just to show you two new featured events coming soon, only showing you the main character needed, and 14 other slots that are empty, so you can't prepare for them at all.

But don't you worry at least some of them are new characters you'll either have to have crystals saved up for, or surprise, surprise, spend a lot of money to get on the first go around.

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Dramgon wrote: »

Don't forget them adding the Journey Guide just to show you two new featured events coming soon, only showing you the main character needed, and 14 other slots that are empty, so you can't prepare for them at all.

But don't you worry at least some of them are new characters you'll either have to have crystals saved up for, or surprise, surprise, spend a lot of money to get on the first go around.

Some of y'all are absolutely thirsty for something to hate. Good lord.

1) Are "relics and grand arena" just universally bad? Is that the take here?
    2) How is the Journey Guide announcing a character over a month in advance somehow worse than when we'd get event characters with little to no official notice? I'll take this over "btw Malak is in 2 days lol" all day erry day.
    3) Needing resources to get new stuff is not new. That's how it's always worked. If you still haven't made your peace with it you should maybe find a hobby you actually enjoy.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Some of y'all are absolutely thirsty for something to hate. Good lord.

1) Are "relics and grand arena" just universally bad? Is that the take here?
    2) How is the Journey Guide announcing a character over a month in advance somehow worse than when we'd get event characters with little to no official notice? I'll take this over "btw Malak is in 2 days lol" all day erry day.
    3) Needing resources to get new stuff is not new. That's how it's always worked. If you still haven't made your peace with it you should maybe find a hobby you actually enjoy.

1.) I get tired of having a decent team and feeling like I might be able to win in GAC, just to be placed against someone that has more toons with relics, and faster speed. I already know what your going to say... well fix it then. Yes i'm working on it, but when my counter parts are in guilds that advance more then me the only way to keep up is spend money. Which I do, and still lose. I also farm MODS but still can't seem to keep up with my opponents.

I felt like I was making a small dent in my squad, then relics destroyed my progress. Now I have to decide, do I move up a character by 1 or two relics, or get another character from G11 to G12 since you have to cannibalize gear to get from relic level 4 to 7.

2.) Yes you are right, weeks to a month is better then 2 days, but why can't they tell me the characters now. They will still make money, people just have more time to plan. I rather have a few weeks to farm and spend cash to comfortably complete a characters Journey, then panic farm and still not complete the event. I just missed out on the second round of GAS. Had time to plan - underestimated the level of difficult. Spent cash, and still didn't get him. This was beyond frustrating. I want my money back.

3.) This isn't my hobby. Its a game I try to play for fun, and sometimes its no fun at all. I don't mind needing gear and resources. Typically the longer you play the easier it gets. What I don't like is feeling like I never catch up, or just when I do, they revamp the whole thing and I'm back at square one.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

3.) This isn't my hobby. Its a game I try to play for fun

hob·by
    /ˈhäbē/
    noun
    an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

hob·by
    /ˈhäbē/
    noun

hmmm ... now I'm not sure why I refer to wrenching on my Jeep as a "hobby." Wishful thinking?
  • Options

hob·by
    /ˈhäbē/
    noun

LOL... Troll much. The fact that you posted only that as the response is priceless.

Key phrase is at the end of that definition - "for pleasure". Might be a good time for me to find another "Hobby".
  • Options

hob·by
    /ˈhäbē/
    noun

LOL... Troll much. The fact that you posted only that as the response is priceless.

Key phrase is at the end of that definition - "for pleasure". Might be a good time for me to find another "Hobby".

But that is exactly the point. Why do people play this game if there is no enjoyment? I have a lot of fun playing and would recommend it to any star wars fan looking for a mobile game, but I would also tell anyone not finding enjoyment to just quit. Why do something in your free time that isn't something you enjoy?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

hob·by
    /ˈhäbē/
    noun

hmmm ... now I'm not sure why I refer to wrenching on my Jeep as a "hobby." Wishful thinking?

Wrenching on a Jeep is just a means to an end to a greater hobby 👋
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    just here to appreciate op's title.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    If you still haven't made your peace with it you should maybe find a hobby you actually enjoy.

Glad we agree.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Some peoples hobby is posting salty on the forum.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.