Instructions for free lando for ios

Mittens
967 posts Member
edited November 2023
Since the other thread is hard to find actual instructions on how to receive your free lando, hopefully this will help:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4bl1ep/lando_calrissian_promotionapple/

Lando Calrissian promotion(Apple) (self.SWGalaxyOfHeroes)
submitted 7 hours ago * by D3adshadows
Sorry if this is redundant, but a lot of people seem to need help with this in a more clear way.
Since the original thread has become SO clogged with posts, and people are still asking for help, I've decided to create a thread for my instructional post on how to acquire Lando.
You have to login from the TWITTER APP on your APPLE device.
Open twitter app on iPhone/Ipad.
Then open this link from browser:
Link will open in Twitter app. While in the twitter app you should see a button in the post to redeem, click the button.
Enter in you apple ID password
It will generate a code for you, and display a redeem code button on the top right.
Click the button.
It will then ask you to open the games app, do so.
Now be patient, it takes a few minutes, but you should receive a message in your inbox telling you that you now have Lando.
Enjoy 2* Lando Calrissian.
Again this is an Apple only promotion, apparently.
(EDIT: If you aren't signed in with your apple ID in the game issues could arise. Idk if there will be a problem or not, considering you are using using your apple ID for this..... SO guest accounts precede with caution)
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• Options
    Thanks for this. Got my Lando no problem. You da man!
  • Options
    How come there is no redeem option coming up for me? All that shows up is what's in your Twitter post? No redeem to be seen anywhere
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    (EDIT: If you aren't signed in with your apple ID in the game issues could arise. Idk if there will be a problem or not, considering you are using using your apple ID for this..... SO guest accounts precede with caution)

FWIW, I had no problem getting this on my guest account. I did have to sign in with my apple ID, but I do not use gamecenter, so my install is a "standalone" install. But I just used my normal Apple ID and it gave me a code and Lando showed up in my inbox.
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Options
    So you need a Twitter account for this I take it?
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    Link will open in Twitter app. While in the twitter app you should see a button in the post to redeem, click the button.
    I think this is where many are having difficulty.

Seems like you must be logged into Twitter to see the redeem button in the browser.

Simultaneously, the link isn't opening the Twitter app, and the URL hyperlink for the EA promotion is poorly formed, missing the word "service" at the end, which is why the links look crowded and don't work.

The first link in the EA tweet should be:
    http://www.ea.com/promotion-terms-of-service

Haven't been able to grab the App Store URL from the tweet, but the one in the tweet does require you to be logged in to Twitter.

Someone at EA or CG should fix those links, it's a really basic skill.
  • Options
    No thanks
    I dont twitter
    And my apple id i dont use it like this
    I dont like thinks smel like vis
    And this stinks you now
  • Options
    Thanks @Mittens worked great for me
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Says tweet deleted for me.
  • Options
    So, you are asking people to post their apple id and password on Twitter? Seems fishy.
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No, the link in the tweet is to an App Store page which generates a gift card code to apply to your account.

Nothing fishy, it's just a link to the iTunes gift card redemption page, which gives you a code to redeem.

The links in the EA tweet work, but it seems like you have to have a active Twitter login to see the button with the actual link.

I did it once for my account and my daughter, it works fine once you get past the awkward way EA and Twitter link to the App Store.

• Options
    So, you are asking people to post their apple id and password on Twitter? Seems fishy.

Apparently it was removed. You didn't need to post your id in Twitter. Only use the Twitter app to go to the promotion and click it. Then you would sign into your id as normal (as if downloading an app- your id would already be populated and you just needed the password. I used my thumbprint) and it would send lando to your account. Looks like it was shut down after less than a day though. There's another post showing a possible workaround, but I haven't tried it personally, but some have confirmed it works, others it wouldn't.

For the record, it isn't my Twitter, or even my instructions. It was from Reddit that I was conveying info on since not everyone frequents Reddit. I posted the link to give due credit to the OP. Hopefully it helped a few people get a lando or shards before it was shut down.
This discussion has been closed.