Can't break 200 barrier in arena

Optimus11
254 posts Member
edited March 2016
Been playing since December. And beating gw every day for last 60 days or so but feel useless at arena. Help me get better please

My current them is
Plasma 7star
Lumi 7
Biggs 7
Sid 7
yoda 6
All max gear

Also on roster
Talia 7
Eeth 7
Barista 7
JC 7
Ashoka 7
All max gear

Also asajj 6
Chewei 4
Vader 4
Rg 4
Gs Poe 3
Ig 86 at 5
Currently working on qgj at 4 and dooku at 4

What needs to be done to get into the first 100 in area
What combination will have the best synergies ?

Replies

• Optimus11
    254 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    mistake. Please delete second post
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Personally I think you can do better then biggs and siedois, especially if you are rocking a phasma lead. Defiantly get QGJ and dooku up to scratch with your other toons, and I'm sure you'll break into top 200 easily
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    The reason why you did not land into 200 is that your team is slow without Poe. Just get QGJ to 6 stars and lead Ashoka and Yoda. The other two can be Biggs and GS (or 86).
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Options
    Try Luminara lead with Jedi's ashoka, eeth koth, yoda, jc. Sorry don't know your meta. Evasion maybe the way. You will struggle with speed teams but hopefully you'll be harder to hit. Dodge and heal your way out of trouble. Use your Luminara's ability block and Eeth's stun wisely plus Yoda. Consider, if your desperate to break 200 and go deeper, play 10-15 battles 50 to 150 crystals.
  • Options
    You need the ewoks team . Then you will finish in top 200
  • Optimus11
    254 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thank you all
    I tried Jedi teams and got slaughtered.
    I will get 86 should take little time with 15 shards a day
    Will focus on dooku (over 10 shards a day ) and qgj at I believe 7.5 shards a day. Hopefully that would do the trick as you guys suggested.

Thanks again

So I understand correctly I need to run qgj dooku 86 lumi and yoda. Am I understanding this right ?
  • Options
    Agreed - cookie cutter for the win much better advice.

f2p4lif3\m/
  • Options
    It's hard to mould a team from what you have, the main synergy available to you at the moment is probably Jedi.

You have several top tier characters such as Lumi, Sid, Phasma, for my money those should be the spine of your team for now.

I would try Sid lead, Phasma, Lumi, Yoda and either Ventress or Ahsoka from your current available troops. I would go with Ventress.

Phasma lead without any other First Order guys is weak these days, but Phasma herself is still top tier.

Sid's lead buffs crit chance and crit damage, very useful in the current meta.

Lumi is solid in almost any team.

Ventress is a lot more dangerous than many people realise. Her buff strip and heal can turn a fight. A lot of players will actively avoid Ventress, she can neuter droid teams effectively, so it makes her more valuable in holding rank.

Ahsoka is not great without QGJ as leader, but her recent buff, although still broken, does make her viable as a tier 2 character. Worth considering but as I say, not top tier.

Unfortunately you would have benefitted from focus while unlocking and gearing characters. Still, you should be able to crack top 200 if you learn your team and learn how they stack up against the teams you are fighting.

As others have said, QGJ lead is pretty much the meta right now as he boosts Yoda massively, Dooku is the anti Jedi character to neutralise QGJ. These would be two great characters to get geared and levelled but beware, there is a new update coming which will shake up the meta, so currently no one knows for sure if any of these characters will still be as good as they are now come April.
  • Options
    But if everyone runs the same compos then it's boring
  • Optimus11
    254 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thank you old tallen for that wonderful input and taking the time for me. Truly appreciated
  • Options

+ 1
  • Options

Very true, but the reason people run these teams is they are good and effective. This was the point of the thread, to crack top 200, and there is a reason the top meta teams retain the top ranks on most servers.

If you want variety try a Nightsister team, ewok team, droid team, empire team, rebel team, scoundrel team....there are players fielding these teams and doing well with them. Thing is, not many will hold top ranks in arena, or if they do they will struggle to retain them ( excluding droid teams, which are very competitive at the moment).
  • Options
    Optimus11 wrote: »
    Thank you old tallen for that wonderful input and taking the time for me. Truly appreciated

No worries, your welcome.
  • Options
    Thank you all
    I tried Jedi teams and got slaughtered.

How you getting on? Did you crack the top 200 today?

• Wololo
    28 posts Member
    Options
    QGJ
    Lumi
    GS
    Sid
    Dooku

My top 20 team
  • Aramsham
    105 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Wololo wrote: »
    QGJ
    Lumi
    GS
    Sid
    Dooku

My top 20 team

Yep - Very good team. Luminara (lead) - Sidious - GS - RG - Poe. My top 3 team ;-)
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    RG is viable at 4* max gear. Keep working in QGJ and dooku. Also you need to farm at least one hard hitter.

My team in running atm is
    Asajj (l), old daka, royal guard, dooku, with QGJ or sidious.

Think the problem with running phasma lead is you don't have any hard auto attack hitters with her.
    Post edited by Llewella on
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Your best options are between these two squads
    Jedi speed squad
    QGJ (L) yoda lumi Ahsoka Dooku RG or
    Dooku (L) yoda RG lumi Sid IG-86.
    These teams will be good enough to crack top 20- you just need gear
  • Options
    Llewella wrote: »
    RG is viable at 4* max gear. Keep working in QGJ and dooku. Also you need to farm at least one hard hitter.

My team in running atm is
    Asajj (l), old daka, royal guard, dooku, with QGJ or sidious.

Think the problem with running phasma lead is you don't have any hard auto attack hitters with her.

Actually try I been running RG full gear @ 2* in (although young server) a server wall to wall with Qui Gon Jinn cloud bullyness lol - coz - needs must.
  • Options
    Wololo wrote: »
    QGJ
    Lumi
    GS
    Sid
    Dooku

My top 20 team

One of the most common FTP team and very effective, can get #1 using this
  • Options
    I believe it. I come across that team about 9 times out of 10 battles. Defo ruff and tuff enough for the top spot.

f2p4lif3\m/
  • Aramsham
    105 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Been playing since December. And beating gw every day for last 60 days or so but feel useless at arena. Help me get better please

Rg 4

What you got there is gold. I didn't notice that at first - apologies. Farm it for all it's worth. It can be the difference in Arena.

• Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    You need to pay the 50 crystals to play 10 battles every day (well, as long as you win most of these battles). Most likely, you will gain rank and that will offset the cost. Also it's easier to maintain rank the higher you are.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Inggold
    74 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Nobody avoids Ventress. She is slow as dirt and near useless in Arena by herself in Current meta. You can find some Nightsister synergies but you don't have Daka which it keys on, so I wouldn't go that route.

I see what you did, went all in on healers to finish LS/DS and Jedi going after Yoda, but for Arena your line up is sorta crippled.

Get QGJ to 6* and Dooku too and you can run

QGJ
    Lumi
    Dooku
    Yoda
    RG

Hard to make a viable team off what you have currently. But above can be top 50 before they are all 7* easily. And top 20-10 once all except RG get 7*
  • Options
    Cracked it. Ranked 166 yesterday at award time ! Woowoo
  • Options
    lol congrats
  • Options
    Why dont you try to farm poogle and poe?
    Max your dooku and asajj, mix them with sid.
    Dooku as Leader for his dodging
    Poogle as support offense up
    Poe as tank, taunter, expose and reduce turn meter
    Sid as heal blocker and massive aoe
    And Asajj as sweeper and reset the buff
    Its going to be viable againts the speed dps cannon team