And the next buff goes to.....

Replies

• Kaib
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Plo Koon out of those listed although the prevalence of good jedi/droid killers make him low on the list. CUP or Mob Enforcer would be my choice if listed.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Finn
    Finn, for me. He feels like he's almost there, but not.

Ben most definitely does not need a taunt and he serves his purpose well without it.

Mace got a lot of attention with his rework, although he's still not amazing, IMO. I would be surprised if they revisited him any time soon, especially before others.

As for other Jedi characters, nope. Jedi have enough characters that are good / great. There's a lot of other chars that can be looked at in the mean time.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Old Ben (add taunt)
    Kaib wrote: »
    Plo Koon out of those listed although the prevalence of good jedi/droid killers make him low on the list. CUP or Mob Enforcer would be my choice if listed.

Jajajaja I guess but JKG is just as horrible as CUP an Mob Enforcer
  • Options
    Plo Koon
    Plo Koon is very hard to use but if you can figure him out then you got yourself a pretty solid toon. Problem is, he is more of a tool and he's just not the sharpest one in the shed. If he does get changed they will probably take away his debuff on basic and give him some thing less useful. He is a good toon, just not good for right now. I vote they just make his gear better so he gets more potency and a different lead ability because nobody has that big of a problem with stealth teams.
  • Options
    General Veers
    How terrible are people trying to make this game? Give Old Ben a taunt? Stop. Just stop lol.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Asajj needs speed. Mace needs counter. Chewy needs power added to his bowcaster. Talia shouldn't kill herself when she heals. Kylo should have a leader ability. QGJ lost a duel to Maul & shouldn't be the best Jedi in the game (arguably) - maybe that will be addressed with Young Ben & Jedi Luke.
    Unfortunately devs seem to focus on the toons rarely used. Let's make Teebo OP - he should be the most powerful toon in the galaxy!

Edit: And Finn... please Finn is a Janitor. His character in the movie was a joke. Nerf him & make his basic cleaning up Ewok poo.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options
    Plo Koon
    I wan Mace to get the final tweak he needs but Plo Koon is far worse off than him atm
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben (add taunt)
    Plo Koon is very hard to use but if you can figure him out then you got yourself a pretty solid toon. Problem is, he is more of a tool and he's just not the sharpest one in the shed. If he does get changed they will probably take away his debuff on basic and give him some thing less useful. He is a good toon, just not good for right now. I vote they just make his gear better so he gets more potency and a different lead ability because nobody has that big of a problem with stealth teams.

This exactly my thought about Plo he looks nice on paper his ability seem really helpful but they are never activated they DONT work if they change that one detail maybe Plo will appear in arena every now and then offense down is a huge advantage if only it worked it would make him a great toon.
    Foomerang wrote: »
    How terrible are people trying to make this game? Give Old Ben a taunt? Stop. Just stop lol.
    The previous comment about old ben give a better explanation
  • DarthCranx
    120 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Old Ben (add taunt)
    Old Ben or Windu for sure. How about giving Old Ben an RG type taunt? Except it only would work for one hit. Or giving him a taunt against Empire Characters?? That would be awesome, he could be anti-RG in a way. Just something please :blush: also windu needs to have his exposure work for a whole round or give him a taunt, counter. I trust you devs! Thanks again for your hard work.
  • Options
    Old Ben (add taunt)
    Old for the taunt ftw. No offense, but people who think old Ben is viable is off their rocker. If I am off my rocker please explain why I am off my rocker. I believe you are off your rocker because: old Ben sucks, and here is why: #1 his offense blows we all know that. #2 he's slow as a board. #3 his special is eh ok, nothing to write home about and here is why: ability block for 1 turn, ok? Big whoop. Offense down is pretty good for 2 turns, BUT! He has like 20 potency, his stuff doesn't land too great. So his special works only maybe half, making an eh ok special basically poo. His death ability is nice however, he never dies lol. His massive health pool, his top notch defense, and auto - evade up on strike ability makes him hard to kill and why would anyone kill him in the first place, he is not threatening anyone. Only a dead obi is a good obi. That is why a taunt completes his incomplete kit. Utilize that hp pool, defense, and evade, and possible death. Without a taunt you got not even a one trick pony, you got a half trick pony that resets in 5 turns.
  • Options
    General Veers
    Old Ben needs some love. But giving him a taunt just makes him as boring and one dimensional as RG. They need to design characters more like Asajj, Yoda, even ST Han. Adding brain-dead mechanics that let you auto fight is not the answer.
  • Options
    UroRR
    How about mob enforcer or maybe boba fett.

Also URoRRuR'R'R and tusken need a buff or my month long projects will be useless
  • Options
    Old Ben (add taunt)
    Old Ben needs some love. But giving him a taunt just makes him as boring and one dimensional as RG. They need to design characters more like Asajj, Yoda, even ST Han. Adding brain-dead mechanics that let you auto fight is not the answer.

Agree, but, taunt is part of the game like it or not. Can't fault ben for wanting what all the other tanks have. He's just lacking it and it's obvious. Really though, just about ANY second ability would most likely make him viable. But taunt would truely bring his kit highlights in unison.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Mace( second time around)

Agree, but, taunt is part of the game like it or not. Can't fault ben for wanting what all the other tanks have. He's just lacking it and it's obvious. Really though, just about ANY second ability would most likely make him viable. But taunt would truely bring his kit highlights in unison.

Adding a taunt to Old Ben would make him OP because of his unique ability. But, it would certainly fit his persona.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben (add taunt)
    How about mob enforcer or maybe boba fett.

Also URoRRuR'R'R and tusken need a buff or my month long projects will be useless

Jajajajajaj I hate those characters I hope Anakin murders them all again.

@Brimley_Ploom_19 I really like the way you explained your point. Really well thought out and I can definitely agree with your comment I can't believe that in the early stages of SWGOH he was considered OP and got nerfed. Now he is at a point that everyone farms him but because of who he is in lore not for his usefulness in the game.

Im at a split decision between Plo Koon and Old Ben..... I should have put them both in a selection lol
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben (add taunt)
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Adding a taunt to Old Ben would make him OP because of his unique ability. But, it would certainly fit his persona.

Maybe they could tweek it a little but really there are still counters to his ability. Asajj could just despell everything
  • Options
    General Veers

Here's what you give to ol Benny-boy:

Normal attack gives offense down for 2 turns.
    AOE attack gives buff immunity for 2 turns.
    Increase his potency.

Now you have a tank that is anti Poggle/burst teams and you have to make a tough choice to weather the debuffs or take him out first and weather the buffs.

Put him behind RG lol what a nightmare.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »

Maybe they could tweek it a little but really there are still counters to his ability. Asajj could just despell everything

What if the taunt was auto and only last 1-2 hits instead of 1-2 TURNS? That way you can counter it by hitting him once or twice without killing him and suffering the wrath of his special? They could make it an additional special that taunts for 2 hits and provides defense up for the group when his taunt was broken.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben (add taunt)
    Big_Boss wrote: »

What if the taunt was auto and only last 1-2 hits instead of 1-2 TURNS? That way you can counter it by hitting him once or twice without killing him and suffering the wrath of his special? They could make it an additional special that taunts for 2 hits and provides defense up for the group when his taunt was broken.
    This seems really viable making him 2 hits instead with a RG auto type taunt under 50% health I think this idea should be looked into
  • Options
    Old Ben (add taunt)

Here's what you give to ol Benny-boy:

Normal attack gives offense down for 2 turns.
    AOE attack gives buff immunity for 2 turns.
    Increase his potency.

Now you have a tank that is anti Poggle/burst teams and you have to make a tough choice to weather the debuffs or take him out first and weather the buffs.

Put him behind RG lol what a nightmare.

+1

• Options
    UroRR
    UroRR sense I'm working on a tusken team for when tusken shamen arrives. Gonna suck for me if he's only in data cards lol but we will see.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    1. Jedi Knight Guardian was already buffed so this would be her 2nd.

2. My vote is for Chewie. For a key toon, he is pretty useless at this level of the game. His bow needs to be more powerful.
  • Options
    Old Ben (add taunt)
    Dark Side has no viable healers after they spaded Daka. Why is it Lumi, Barris and Ahsoka heal with no penalty and Talia wipes out 1/4 of her hit points? Pretty dumb, if they wanted to fix her they could've started by fixing that. But no, let's debuff Daka instead.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Dark Side has no viable healers after they spaded Daka. Why is it Lumi, Barris and Ahsoka heal with no penalty and Talia wipes out 1/4 of her hit points? Pretty dumb, if they wanted to fix her they could've started by fixing that. But no, let's debuff Daka instead.

Dark Barriss for April toon?
  • Options
    Add ezekiel 25:17 skill to Samuel L.Jackson. He taunts then calls ally for bonus attack
  • Options
    General Veers
    EM650 wrote: »

Dark Barriss for April toon?

I don't think she was truly dark side. Rather she was EXTREMELY light side haha.
  • Options
    Old Ben (add taunt)
    GiranKenor wrote: »
    Add ezekiel 25:17 skill to Samuel L.Jackson. He taunts then calls ally for bonus attack

Lol +1, "I'm the Shepard"
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Old Ben (add taunt)
    GiranKenor wrote: »

Lol +1, "I'm the Shepard"

Wth?? How does the Bible have to do with star wars??
    Anyways skipping the subject

Plo Koon and Old Ben have desperate need of a reworking or in plo koons case a mayor potency buff. Mace needs better viability considering what he represents in lore
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Plo Koon
    Mace's random expose needs to be unavoidable is all, I think. The fact that it can be resisted is what makes it suck. And Plo just needs a Potency buff. These seem like easy fixes, and therefore will never happen.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben (add taunt)
    Timitock wrote: »
    Mace's random expose needs to be unavoidable is all, I think. The fact that it can be resisted is what makes it suck. And Plo just needs a Potency buff. These seem like easy fixes, and therefore will never happen.

I really hope your wrong.

Thats exactly what these characters need I really hope it is done. And not a stealth buff tell us that they are fixed and lets get back to farming them