Let's talk about some real gear grind relief.

Prev1
So I know the devs have said mathematically relief has been provided. However, as any one who plays the game on a daily basis knows, this relief has not been felt. We need more ways to acquire the most used resources faster. Namely carbanti and stun gun pieces. I currently need over 2500 of each, 200 of each for the team I am currently farming. That's just to move up 1 gear level. At the current drop rates, with challenges and spending gems it will take me nearly 1.5 months to gear 4 toons 1 gear level. It should not be taking us this much time to go up a gear level, at least not until going to g12/g13. This kind of intensive grinding to get our toons to a useful level is severely hampering our ability, especially for new or up and coming players, to participate in a lot of content. Instead of being able to focus on unlocking and leveling new toons we are forced to spend all our time and effort getting toons to a useable level. This intense gear grinding is expected for the late gear levels, but a little ridiculous for the lower gear levels.

Replies

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Stish wrote: »
    At the current drop rates, with challenges and spending gems it will take me nearly 1.5 months to gear 4 toons 1 gear level.

Are you also not doing the Rancor raid and completely ignoring the shard and guild shops?

I'm not crazy about bottleneck gear either, but pretending the only way to get it is with energy or crystals is disingenuous.

Anyway, they don't want you to gear your characters faster. Frustration and impatience are what gets people to spend money.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    The most common sub-G12 gates are guns, cuffs, carbs, and eyeballs. I've been thinking about a realistic approach to these gates. We all want more stuff, but gear economy is a thing, and the game should still reward spending, managing, or both.

(The following generally ignores crystal purchases and focuses on primary/reliable sources of obtaining)

Guns - Because GET is not realistically an option any more, and because they were removed from the fleet tables, shard shop is the only semi-reliable source. Recommendation: Add to guild store at same cost as raid gear such as droid callers.

Cuffs - Consistently available in guild shop for a reasonable rate, shows up in shard shop, plus another 10 or so a week from TW (our guild wins both and gets 20). Recommendation: No change.

Carbs - Consistently available in guild shop for a reasonable rate, shows up in shard shop, plus another 80 or so a week from challenges and TW. Recommendation: No change.

Challenge Eyeballs - 50 or so a week from challenges. Also purchasable from shops but is competing with guns, carbs, cuffs, etc. Recommendation: Add back in to tank/sith loot boxes, and boost drop rate to match carbs in challenge.

Hollow Eyeballs - Purchasable from shops. At first glance I was thinking maybe they should be more obtainable, but they are very cheap to buy with crystals vs most other gear. Recommendation: No change.

Post edited by TVF on
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stish
    31 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Stish wrote: »
    At the current drop rates, with challenges and spending gems it will take me nearly 1.5 months to gear 4 toons 1 gear level.

Are you also not doing the Rancor raid and completely ignoring the shard and guild shops?

I'm not crazy about bottleneck gear either, but pretending the only way to get it is with energy or crystals is disingenuous.

Anyway, they don't want you to gear your characters faster. Frustration and impatience are what gets people to spend money.

These are all luck of the draw as to what is available in there. While they do show up from time to time it's still an unreliable way to farm them. Especially if you have characters that need to be farmed as well. Bottleneck gear is fine but it's a continuous bottle neck from g9 all the way to g13. That's the issue.

I have no issue not spending on crystals. Majority of gear is the single biggest waste of crystals in the game. 1400 for 50, nah I'll keep my $20 in my pocket. I do spend here and there, just not on pieces that cost that much.

Bottom line is the devs seem to think that g9/g10 is near end game content which it is not. G11 is marginal depending on the toon. Like I said I have no problem with there being a lengthy grind to get g12 and g13, as this is where end game content really starts to show up.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The most common sub-G12 gates are guns, cuffs, carbs, and eyeballs. I've been thinking about a realistic approach to these gates. We all want more stuff, but gear economy is a thing, and the game should still reward spending, managing, or both.

(The following generally ignores crystal purchases and focuses on primary/reliable sources of obtaining)

Guns - Because GET is not realistically an option any more, and because they were removed from the fleet tables, shard shop is the only semi-reliable source. Recommendation: Add to guild store at same cost as raid gear such as droid callers.

Cuffs - Consistently available in guild shop for a reasonable rate, shows up in shard shop, plus another 10 or so a week from TW (our guild wins both and gets 20). Recommendation: No change.

Carbs - Consistently available in guild shop for a reasonable rate, shows up in shard shop, plus another 70 or so a week from challenges and TW. Recommendation: No change.

Challenge Eyeballs - 50 or so a week from challenges. Also purchasable from shops but is competing with guns, carbs, cuffs, etc. Recommendation: Add back in to tank/sith loot boxes, and boost drop rate to match carbs in challenge.

Hollow Eyeballs - Purchasable from shops. At first glance I was thinking maybe they should be more obtainable, but they are very cheap to buy with crystals vs most other gear. Recommendation: No change.

I agree with most of this. It would be a good way to adjust some of the most sorely needed items. The more I think about carbanti it is probably fine as is. It is just needed by so many, at so many gear levels it feels overwhelming.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Actually I just realized it's closer to 80 a week on carbs since the challenge gives around 4 on average (no data, granted), so 4x5x3 = 60 plus the 20 from TW.
  • Options
    Those $30 packs have an awesome value for gear if you were already buying crystals for gear anyway.
  • Options

Carbs - Consistently available in guild shop for a reasonable rate, shows up in shard shop, plus another 80 or so a week from challenges and TW. Recommendation: No change.

@CG_SBCrumb this man just did your job for you. Here yah go! Break out those sticky notes
  • Options
    I would add that guns should show up at least once per day in the shard shop, rather than the current RNG which is either feast or famine!

I check the shard store every day for guns and some weeks it shows up regularly, but other times it can be weeks without one showing up at all!
  • Options
    ...your just so fed up with going 1 for 12 on stun guns is how they made that billion dollars.

This right here. I don't think the majority of us are asking for much. No one wants gear to be so easy to come by that you level up in a day.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I also think its very unhealthy for the game if everyone was able to g12 their toons in a short duration. Resources are finite so it matters which toon you are prioritizing on. Plus, there is something to look forward to, I think players would be bored a lot sooner if they had nothing to work towards (barring the content drought or other external factors)
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I also think its very unhealthy for the game if everyone was able to g12 their toons in a short duration. Resources are finite so it matters which toon you are prioritizing on. Plus, there is something to look forward to, I think players would be bored a lot sooner if they had nothing to work towards (barring the content drought or other external factors)

But there is wiggle room to make it more bearable. The grind has only gotten worsen and they’re claiming they’ve done plenty to make it easier on us, even though the community is screaming out that it’s not. Nobody wants to be handed everything at 100% right away, not the reasonable people at least. But there shouldn’t be a massive gear sink to get to G11 anymore considering how massively undergeared that is compared to G12+ and relic toons.
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Totally agree with TVF. With guild currency, cuffs, carbs, and eyeball components are pretty manageable unless you're trying to power through a few characters at the same time that need multiples (Ahsoka's G11 and Cassian's G10 come to mind, needing 3 eyeballs apiece). Eyeball salvage is in a pretty okay state so adding back to raids would bring it to where it needs to be. Stun guns are still like pulling teeth though. Feels almost impossible to get them at a reasonable pace.
  • Options
    Apparently new challenge tiers are on the way that should levitate some gear I'm hoping stun guns and cuffs
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Apparently new challenge tiers are on the way that should levitate some gear I'm hoping stun guns and cuffs

Is this from the Q&A? Can you repost it?
  • Options
    From Q&A:

TOPIC: Economy
    Q: Would CG upgrade or add a new tier for daily challenge with better prize?
    A: Cyanides - We would! However, We're starting with new Assault Battle tiers before looking into adding tiers to Daily Challenges.
    Q: Are there any plans to change the rewards of older missions? ie: missions where jedi shards are the reward, adding ezra or bastila. Or for an empire one getting more shards for newer empire toons?
    A: Cyanides - We don't have any plans to change old rewards. We are working on adding new tiers to different events/challenges where new rewards will be added.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

But there is wiggle room to make it more bearable. The grind has only gotten worsen and they’re claiming they’ve done plenty to make it easier on us, even though the community is screaming out that it’s not. Nobody wants to be handed everything at 100% right away, not the reasonable people at least. But there shouldn’t be a massive gear sink to get to G11 anymore considering how massively undergeared that is compared to G12+ and relic toons.
    Yeah. I think Stun Guns were fine when you could get them from the GET store. Now, its very problematic and players can be stuck for months since its not always available in shard shop
  • Options
    From Q&A:

TOPIC: Economy
    Q: Would CG upgrade or add a new tier for daily challenge with better prize?
    A: Cyanides - We would! However, We're starting with new Assault Battle tiers before looking into adding tiers to Daily Challenges.
    Q: Are there any plans to change the rewards of older missions? ie: missions where jedi shards are the reward, adding ezra or bastila. Or for an empire one getting more shards for newer empire toons?
    A: Cyanides - We don't have any plans to change old rewards. We are working on adding new tiers to different events/challenges where new rewards will be added.

@TVF
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    That doesn't say more tiers are coming. It says they're doing the AB tiers first, and then they would look into the daily challenges.

"We looked into it and decided it was fine the way it is."

I'll believe it when it happens, or they give a more definitive statement.

The second answer is not in response to a question about daily challenges.
  • Options
    I'd settle for being guaranteed a drop of the 'highest value' gear piece or character shard per 5 attempts. Nothing worse than rolling 13 attempts at a node and getting 0 of the Finisher Fleshlights or Kyrotech or Stun Gun salvage, etc.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Yeah. I think Stun Guns were fine when you could get them from the GET store. Now, its very problematic and players can be stuck for months since its not always available in shard shop

That’s easily my worst bottleneck right now. The gold eyeball salvage is a pain but I can manage and know that with actual management can save enough and plan properly. Stun guns are the worst and simply adding them to a store like guild events or even a new challenge tier to get 10-15 per event is fine by me. 30-45 extra salvage a week would go a LONG way the community actually feeling the gear crunch alleviate
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    22qwk10exhvx.png
    This is the main reason I don't chase any toon that requires GET1. I happily don't have them toons but in return I don't have the gear crunch like most do and enjoy gearing 10 toons instead of getting shards for 1.
    Padme has to be the best toon of 2019, can beat both epic confrontation teams and doesn't require ridiculous speed mods
  • Options
    I took a look at the 3 Gear Challenges (as a 9 month player) and I think we all agree that there are only 3 "GOOD" items total from all 3.

But what I was looking at what how many of the remaining items were only in the hundreds for me already v/s which ones were in the THOUSANDS already.

Its those Thousands ones that clearly are not needed in there & could be swapped w/ something more useful.
    (I can only imagine what a 4 year player has of these)

I was looking at this from a programming perspective of not "adding" something where it didn't exist already but just altering what is there.

They don't need to go to all the effort to create an entire new tier.
    Just fix the final tier to get rid of some of the most useless stuff for things that might be useful.

STR Challenge:
    Carbantis = Change from RNG to Fixed-5 (Gives a small boost)
    Keypads = Change to Fixed-5 (Gives a small boost)
    Eyeballs = Upgrade to "Mk8 Eyeball Component Salvage" - Fixed-2
    Droid Callers = Upgrade to Mk5 & reduce # from RNG-5 to Fixed-2
    Armor Mod = Replace with Mk2 Holo Lens - Fixed-1

AGI Challenge:
    Hyposyringe = Change to Fixed-5
    Datapad = Leave it alone
    Keypad = Leave it alone
    Droid Caller = Replace with Mk1 Keypad - Fixed-1
    ElectroBinocs = Replace with Mk3 Holo Projector - Fixed-1

TAC Challenge:
    Mk5 Medpack = Leave it alone
    Binocs = Replace with Medpack Component - Fixed-1
    StunGun = Upgrade to Mk5 - Fixed-1
    Mk1 Medpack = Replace with Mk1 Stuncuffs - Fixed-1
    Powercell = Replace with Mk1 Armor Mod - Fixed-1

Ability Mat Challenges:
    Shift Count of Blue & Green by 1 each to Purple.
    Increase rate of Omega drop

Ship Ability Mat Challenges:
    Fix Omega & Purple at 1/Sim like Zetas.
    Increase Prestige amount.

Those were just some things I thought of that might show some reduction in the mid range gear grind.
  • Options
    I see it that way... Each relic level is a gear level on its own. So we are basically at G20. Purple is now degraded to levels that are not relevant for the game anymore. Not for Arena/GAC or even TW/TB content. Still it you need it to get there AND then you need to salvage it to make your relic levels. They basically doubled the need for purple gear. Its if your Gouvernement is telling you it changed regulations so that your new house/car costs double but your income just gets a 5% raise. If any Gouvernement would do that there would be riots on the streets.

CG really needs to change something here. They wont change price tags but they could reduce the amount of salvage pieces to craft a full piece. There are pieces that only need 20 salvage to craft a full piece. They should adapt that to all purple/blue/green/grey gear. They can keep the price tags on the full pieces for people that want to whale but by reducing the ratio for salvage to crafting they would give a solution to reduce the gear crunch.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Each relic level is not even close to a gear level on its own, especially at the low end. Calling R7 G20 is just trying to make it sound way worse than it is.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Each relic level is not even close to a gear level on its own, especially at the low end. Calling R7 G20 is just trying to make it sound way worse than it is.

Concur. I tend to throw on a relic level or two when I G13 someone just for a little extra oomph, but I haven't really noticed much of a tangible difference between plain old G13 and relic 2.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Agreed. Perhaps R7 can be G14 or even G15 with the farm reqs for later relic levels.
  • Options

But what I was looking at what how many of the remaining items were only in the hundreds for me already v/s which ones were in the THOUSANDS already.

Its those Thousands ones that clearly are not needed

These are what you should be converting into relics.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.