Can we get an updated text or ability?

fa7iypzkxmnv.png
The text states that the turret scales with the summoner stats and not with the summoner at the start of the battle,so either make the text say that the turret scales with the summoners stats at the start of the battle,or make the turret sacale as he gains offence from fives sacrifice,or leader abilitys.Also this would be much easyer for us if we had a stat tab for both turret and brute so we know how much offense they have and in Brute case the tenacity,armor etc has.

Replies

• luap024
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Isn't this written the same as a leader ability? It triggers at the beginning of the battle and holds true throughout? Fives is never the summoner so why should that have to be clarified?
  • Options
    luap024 wrote: »
    Isn't this written the same as a leader ability? It triggers at the beginning of the battle and holds true throughout? Fives is never the summoner so why should that have to be clarified?

The ability states that the turret stats scale with the summoner but it dosen't provide an key word that let us know how the scale is done,example"turret scales with summoner stats at the start of the battle",because in the current form you can understand that the turret scales with summoners stats each time he gets a buff or an offence increase,and here was FIVES sacrifice...when he dies he gives his offence stats to all clones,so by the current text of the ability the turret should scale with that buff and insted doing 16k like after his initial scale ,the turret will do 24k or whatever was the increase.
  • Options
    luap024 wrote: »

The ability states that the turret stats scale with the summoner but it dosen't provide an key word that let us know how the scale is done,example"turret scales with summoner stats at the start of the battle",because in the current form you can understand that the turret scales with summoners stats each time he gets a buff or an offence increase,and here was FIVES sacrifice...when he dies he gives his offence stats to all clones,so by the current text of the ability the turret should scale with that buff and insted doing 16k like after his initial scale ,the turret will do 24k or whatever was the increase.

But that isn’t the summoners stats.

It’s just common sense pretty much,

It scales with the summoners stats

So when it’s summoned the stats are scaled with it.

When fives dies, the object was already summoned so nothing would happen.

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Do you expect Geo Brute to hit harder if GBA has offense up? I mean, its implied the stats are scaled at the time of summon. If GAS reduces max health of GBA, we don't expect Brute's max health to scale down either.

I mean, yeah they can add a "At the time of summon" part I guess
  • Options

Yep. That's what's needed to clarify the difference between "summoner's current stats" and how it appears to work now.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    although I'm not sure about the order when you start a new fight. do leadership bonuses (dmg /hp) apply first then you summon the turret /geo brute with the boosted summoner stat?

Modifiers from leadership/uniques applies before the first turn. I'm not sure if the turret takes those modifiers into account tho, it looks like it takes the summoner stats at the beginning of the fight and kind of stores them to use whenever the summon is actually performed, which in arena is right away unless for some reason you're mixing arc and gba
    Res non verba
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    The only odd situation might happen if you use arc in a PVE fight like a cantina battle and choose an ally for the 6th slot, then such ally dies during the fight and you're able to summon the turret. At that point I'm not sure what stats would it use, especially if for some reason 5s already sacrificed himself.
    All in all I don't see it as much relevant
    Res non verba
  • Options
    Well good thing you know it happens at the start of battle then.
  • Options
    I'd love to see a "mechanics" section in game that could explain in detail the way some of these things work so that ability descriptions stop growing in length. Even with the length of some of the descriptions we still have to go to places like swgoh.gg or the character release announcement or even Q&As to fully understand them.

It would also nicely bring together abilities that are described in one kit but not another. Such as Frenzy, used in Bossk's kit and explained in Bistan's kit.

"Mechanics" Tab:
    Summoning
    Frenzy
    Bonus Turn
    Gain 100% Turn Meter
    Fear
    Translation
    Prepared
    Inspired

• Options

Yep. That's what's needed to clarify the difference between "summoner's current stats" and how it appears to work now.

Where does it say current stats ?
  • Options
    @Treeburner

It doesn't. Thus the confusion. It just says "stats". But stats change all the time with leaderships or progressive uniques (like Ventress) or just with buffs/debuffs. If it just says "stats" and not "stats at the moment of summoning" or "stats at the beginning of the battle" or anything else, then why shouldn't "scales with summoner's stats" mean that its stats continue scaling every time the summoner's stats increase - which means with every buff?

There's simply nothing in the wording that makes that an unlikely interpretation. Indeed, that's the plainest interpretation that exists. The only reason that most of us think otherwise is because we have expectations about the game and how it works based on general impressions from how other toons work.

Not everyone has the same level of game-design insight, so asking for more clear and explicit wording is completely reasonable. Even if everyone on the forums agreed on the meaning of the phrase, "everyone on the forums" does not equal "everyone who plays the game".

Writing an accurate description that's not excessively long, but still says everything that needs saying is a skill, it's not automatic. It's normal for people to get something a little wrong now and again. This is one of those times. It's not a crisis, it's not a big deal, but a good game developer would hear this feedback and update the description.
  • Options
    @Treeburner

It doesn't. Thus the confusion. It just says "stats". But stats change all the time with leaderships or progressive uniques (like Ventress) or just with buffs/debuffs. If it just says "stats" and not "stats at the moment of summoning" or "stats at the beginning of the battle" or anything else, then why shouldn't "scales with summoner's stats" mean that its stats continue scaling every time the summoner's stats increase - which means with every buff?

There's simply nothing in the wording that makes that an unlikely interpretation. Indeed, that's the plainest interpretation that exists. The only reason that most of us think otherwise is because we have expectations about the game and how it works based on general impressions from how other toons work.

Not everyone has the same level of game-design insight, so asking for more clear and explicit wording is completely reasonable. Even if everyone on the forums agreed on the meaning of the phrase, "everyone on the forums" does not equal "everyone who plays the game".

Writing an accurate description that's not excessively long, but still says everything that needs saying is a skill, it's not automatic. It's normal for people to get something a little wrong now and again. This is one of those times. It's not a crisis, it's not a big deal, but a good game developer would hear this feedback and update the description.

Writing an accurate description is too difficult they cant even get the calendar to be correct. The more vague they are with using generic terms like stats and does bonus damage the more they can say its wai when things dont work out as planned.

Upgrades soon will just say makes attack better so they dont have to reprogram stuff described differently then its functioning.