GAS Basic Zeta at R7 kinda a waste?

I have held off on this zeta because I don't see how it is that much better than no zeta. On a 501st team, GAS pretty much crits all the time. He already double attacks on basic without the zeta. His basic without the zeta cannot be avoided unlike Telekinesis. Even if Telekinesis hits a dazed opponent which is the only advantage I can figure the fight is pretty much already decided.

Am I missing something?

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    GAS himself does more damage using his specials than his basic, and since it's an aoe, it's less time before he fires off another aoe cd reduction on the enemy team. Also more daze and armor shred going off.

That said, you do lose echo's second attack, which generates tm (sometimes) and does damage. Telekinesis can be avoided, but echo's first assist will eat any foresight, and in most cases that dodge chance is gonna be 2%, so I wouldn't worry about the attack missing.

It's a tradeoff, which is kinda odd for a zeta. I might skip it, we'll see
  • Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    GAS himself does more damage using his specials than his basic, and since it's an aoe, it's less time before he fires off another aoe cd reduction on the enemy team. Also more daze and armor shred going off.

That said, you do lose echo's second attack, which generates tm (sometimes) and does damage. Telekinesis can be avoided, but echo's first assist will eat any foresight, and in most cases that dodge chance is gonna be 2%, so I wouldn't worry about the attack missing.

It's a tradeoff, which is kinda odd for a zeta. I might skip it, we'll see

If you zeta echo he will do damage if the opponent if foresighted
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    It's the least useful of his zetas for sure. Only benefit to it is if Ahsoka is on the team - echo assists the first attack and ahsoka assists the second (it's counted as a special). That means his basic attaxck can also strip buffs, effectively.

The downside is benching arc for ahsoka and breaking up the gk/ani/ahsoka lineup, not to mention a used zeta.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I think dodge chance 2% means minimum chance like minimum resist chance 15%.
    If not, my opponents in ga or tw should have ****’n good rng and accuracy mod should be completely useless. Actually accuracy mod is useful though in the limited situation.