Will New Content Actually Be Playable?

Javick_Starage
502 posts Member
edited January 2020
So I’ve seen in the latest Q&A you state that you’re going to release a lot more content this year.

Straight question: Is any of it going to be playable?

I only ask as the last time you promised content you gave us LSTB which involves pressing deploy... and well, that’s it. Fun.

So, is the new content going to be playable or are you still only interested in the 1%?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    So I’ve seen in the latest Q&A you state that you’re going to release a lot more content this year.

I only ask as the last time you promised content you gave us LSTB which involves pressing deploy... and well, that’s it. Fun.

So, is the new content going to be playable or are you still only interested in the 1%?

The options with LSTB were "make it outrageously hard so it stays relevant for a long time" or "make it beatable and have people shrieking for new content again in a couple months." Honestly I can kind of understand why they chose the former.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

The options with LSTB were "make it outrageously hard so it stays relevant for a long time" or "make it beatable and have people shrieking for new content again in a couple months." Honestly I can kind of understand why they chose the former.

There is a middle ground to that though. I think setting the required GP of players to full star to what was it? 12 million GP a person? Yeah that’s a bit extreme, and shows their utter lack of originality in this “new” content.
  • Options
    @Ravens1113 Level cap to 95 needed

w9gidaxoy6cu.jpeg

Found that picture that showed the required GP. Anyone thinking that these jumps of requirements are fair are as out of their minds as CG.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

There is a middle ground to that though. I think setting the required GP of players to full star to what was it? 12 million GP a person? Yeah that’s a bit extreme, and shows their utter lack of originality in this “new” content.

We can certainly agree that the difficulty is probably tuned a bit higher than it should be, at least in the first 2 phases. But not by much.

Heroic Sith seemed brutal when it first came out, but any halfway decent guild has had it on farm for ages now. They have to compensate both for player ingenuity and the inevitable power creep that results from new characters and mechanics rolling out. For all we know, Jedi Master Rey (or whatever she's called) along with No Jacket Poe and Better Haircut Finn will be able to steamroll these missions without breaking a sweat.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

We can certainly agree that the difficulty is probably tuned a bit higher than it should be, at least in the first 2 phases. But not by much.

Heroic Sith seemed brutal when it first came out, but any halfway decent guild has had it on farm for ages now. They have to compensate both for player ingenuity and the inevitable power creep that results from new characters and mechanics rolling out. For all we know, Jedi Master Rey (or whatever she's called) along with No Jacket Poe and Better Haircut Finn will be able to steamroll these missions without breaking a sweat.

But that still won’t allow for max stars on this TB alone. The minimum reqs for collective GP will prevent that. Look at my post above that shows the picture of GP reqs for max stars. You mean to tell me that this TB requires 4 million more than the possible current maximum GP??? For every guild member. Either there’s going to be a massive power creep this year or they need to retune this. I don’t expect anyone to or want anyone to max this out even in the next year. But they clearly overshot the difficulty and refuse to fix it.
  • Options

But that still won’t allow for max stars on this TB alone. The minimum reqs for collective GP will prevent that. Look at my post above that shows the picture of GP reqs for max stars. You mean to tell me that this TB requires 4 million more than the possible current maximum GP??? For every guild member. Either there’s going to be a massive power creep this year or they need to retune this.

Taking into account that relics are the new progression system, and relics add a TON of GP, I don't think this will be as big of a hurdle as people are currently predicting. It also seems like we'll be getting a lot more ship content, and pilots' GP gains are compounded by also increasing the GP of their ship. I just threw the unique zeta on Bossk recently and it added something like 7k GP, just for one zeta.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

But that still won’t allow for max stars on this TB alone. The minimum reqs for collective GP will prevent that. Look at my post above that shows the picture of GP reqs for max stars. You mean to tell me that this TB requires 4 million more than the possible current maximum GP??? For every guild member. Either there’s going to be a massive power creep this year or they need to retune this.

Taking into account that relics are the new progression system, and relics add a TON of GP, I don't think this will be as big of a hurdle as people are currently predicting. It also seems like we'll be getting a lot more ship content, and pilots' GP gains are compounded by also increasing the GP of their ship. I just threw the unique zeta on Bossk recently and it added something like 7k GP, just for one zeta.

wav3ys9nqsg7.png

This guy has the highest GP in the game, per swogh.gg

He currently has

4.3 and 3.33 million GP on toons and ships respectively. He’s still 4.5 million collective GP away and has every single character at minimum, relic 2. He still have more progression and will indeed see a nice jump in his character GP IF everyone is maxed out.
    But you mean to tell me that we are expected to all get to this point? The biggest kraken in the game is still 1.4 million toon GP short of the required toon GP and 2.9 short on ships. Now this is taking into account max GP from CM’s too. So where is this guy going to get 4.3 million GP from to finish this? How is it that the biggest and strongest (GP) kraken in the game is so short, but CG expects 50 players in a guild to be able to not just match this guy currently, but exceed him by 4.3 million GP....