r/SWGOH_Advice

Anonymous_User
1 posts Member
edited January 2020
Hi guys I want some advice.

A little bit about me but trying not to go to in-depth in case someone recognizes me:

I have every legendary except GAS (will be ready next time). All my Separatists are average G12 and my Republic isn’t half bad. (Might be KAM ready in a couple months) I have also hit Kyber every time.

I have only got Negotiator At 5* (Want to unlock Malevolence as my Sep fleet would be ready to go and I lack a decent 2nd fleet). I consistently hit Rank 1 or 2 in FA (due to a shared payout) and this is my main source of income, as I can only hit top #50 in squad. However, as more of my Shardmates acquire 7* Negotiators my crystal income will inevitably suffer. I also haven’t unlocked Wat Tambor yet, and definitely will never see KAM with my current guild.

The question I want to ask is should I seek a new guild? I’ve outlined some Pros and Cons below.

Pros
  • More GET2 to sustain Fleet Crystal Income
  • More Wat Shards
  • Possible KAM shards
  • More raids due to increased raid tickets (probably, as current guild has a few slackers)

Cons
  • I love my guild, and leaving would be hard.
  • My guild loses an officer and I play a key role.
  • My guild is already struggling to recruit.
  • My leaving will affect morale and could destabilize the guild. (I’ve seen the guild double in GP since joining)
  • Not guaranteed a top 10 HSTR finish

TL;DR: Love my guild, but should I leave for better progression?

Replies

• Options
    Ditch your guild

Do it. Do it. Do it
  • Options
    No offense but most guildmembers in thisngame do not know each other IRL. If you're shedding tears over guild-leaving it is probably indicative of far deeper problems in your life.
  • Options
    Its a hard choice man, but if you wanna take this game 'seriously', change guilds. Doesn't mean you have to end communication with the old one or people from the old one. I was progressing faster than my guild was so i changed and it was a huge benefit for me. Not sure where you're based but you can join ours?
  • Options
    No offense but most guildmembers in thisngame do not know each other IRL. If you're shedding tears over guild-leaving it is probably indicative of far deeper problems in your life.

It's not an issue of shedding tears, but I get along with everyone and as an officer am involved with the management of the guild, and have been a core member for the last 18 months.
  • Options
    Depends what you want from that game.
    If your guild is more important for you then some wins in game then stay. If wins are more important then go. That is up to you to choose. Dont rely on other people to poin you in the right direction.

Personaly I wont leave my guild for more Tambor shards or similar. Because I enjoy speaking with them and enjoy staying in that guild.
  • Options
    Do the course of action that will promote more in- and out-game happiness: longevity of rewards (HSTR top 10 for the gear rewards) and the love of your current guild.

With the latter, let’s be real: most of us still play the game because of the community and not so much the game. While I agree that new guild can beget new online friends, I would say this should play a secondary consideration to the former— HSTR rewards.

There’s no harm in looking at other guilds; I would inquire about the usual top 10 scores.

Yet from your list the pros of leaving are mostly chasing shards... this chasing of the new characters will always be there... yet having the gear to make the characters worthwhile is paramount.

People come and go in guilds depending on wants (wants of character shards vs better gear possibilities); I would caution against sticking around only due to fear of causing low morale.

The fact is... you created an anonymous account to post this and you ended the post asking should progression outweigh love...

I end with the following: what type of progression do you seek? Character shards or the progression of the journey with a group you enjoy?
    I’d say you’re in a great place: top 10 rewards in a guild you like.

Shop around if you want but what’s a few more shards worth overall when it’s all about the long grind?
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    You'll feel bad at first, but it's just a game. You're going to be having way more fun in a more competitive guild. Imho you sound like you want to be in a more competitive guild. Crush your enemies!
  • Unknownhost
    131 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Meh. Started in the same guild i,ll end in.

Might never be [Removed - CM] but new players sure get caught up faster than they used too and we gradually get ever stronger.

Some players feel a certain detachment after leaving a guild you put everything into. Others are much less loyal.

Makes it really hard on those you leave behind too. Only screwing over the people in your current guild that have ever supported you (every donated piece matters imo) and may even still rely on you also.

Meh, pure greed and self interest move mate. Luckily for those that make those moves this games a relatively faceless repercussion free zone. :/
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    i was in the same boat and left my guild and don't regret it
  • Options
    I was recruited into a better guild even though I was in a guild with a much of RL coworkers. The significant better progression was worth it to me. It's hard to leave but theres an abundance of great people in great guilds out there who can more align with your goals if need be
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    I have a good guild you can join and make new friends.
  • Options
    I am a guild leader and have been an officer/leader many times in this game and others. I have never been happy to have a team mate leave, especially an upper level one and/or an officer. But people leave and the rest of the group will move on. Honestly the only time that I have been upset is when a long time guild mate that has been an important and involved part of the group just vanishes without saying anything.

Tell them that you are leaving so that you can advance in the game, that you enjoyed being a part of the guild, and then say goodbye. It will be fine.
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Depends what you want from that game.
    If your guild is more important for you then some wins in game then stay. If wins are more important then go. That is up to you to choose. Dont rely on other people to poin you in the right direction.

Personaly I wont leave my guild for more Tambor shards or similar. Because I enjoy speaking with them and enjoy staying in that guild.

That's where I'm at. My guild does have some dead weight at the bottom but it's fun being in the guild and a slightly less grindy game with less fun interactions doesn't seem better to me.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Thanks Sigmund.
  • Options
    Better to leave if you care about advancing in the game. I was an officer in guild and the leader essentially went MIA. It was frustrating try to get everyone to focus on what was best for the guild. No one would work on getting JTR so we could advance to the top tier in the Sith Raid. I spent too much time staying because I liked the guild. Once I switched to a better guild, my game advance a lot more quickly. Unless your guild is participating in the top content, you will just fall further behind those that are.
  • Options
    I’ve been playing nearly since launch was in a great guild at first very friendly/helpful, but my progression suffered in raids due to time difference. I missed out on better raid rewards because of this. Was American time zone and I’m in UK.

So I left and found a new guild after a year playing. I felt bad at first for leaving nice group of players.

Been in my new guild over 3 years and an officer in it now. My new guildies are great, we chat, joke and help each other lots. My progress has increased greatly and enjoy talking with them too.

If I were you I would leave to progress, you don’t have to stay with first guild you find, if new guild does work for you try another until you find guild that you can have camaraderie with and increase progress.

I was just lucky that guild i joined after leaving first one was even better for me

• Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Thanks Sigmund.

Sometimes a guild is just a guild
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    look for a merge
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I’m also going to advise you to start shopping for a new guild.
    I’ve waited too long to move on as my growth started severely outstripping the majority of the guild twice since launch now, and my PVP battles, mod quality (of course those are intertwined), total GP show it...

Not that I didn’t love my guildies, because I did (I wouldn’t have hung around so long if it weren’t for the fierce sense of loyalty they inspired!), but you will often find that the ones that matter can either merge, or slowly be recruited into a new guild too... failing that, I still chat with a lot of them just to stay caught up (even a couple who don’t even play the game these days). If it has truly developed into a friendship, it shouldn’t matter if you aren’t playing on the same team anymore.

But, as an officer in nearly every guild I’ve been in, I would also advise you to tell your fellow officer core that you are looking around. You might be surprised how many others are likely at a similar level of fatigue, straining to held a guild together and recruit at the (even moderately) high end is exhausting these days.

You might spark a core group merger move, where your dedicated players can mostly stay together, you may end up with just a couple, or none at all initially (and that can be refreshing too, and I cannot even begin to express how freeing it is to go from officer to member in a well organized guild - the game becomes fun again! Of course, if you are like me, as one who enjoys chatting, theory crafting, and helping others learn about the intricacies of the game - it usually doesn’t take long to get booted back up the ladder wether you really want to or not...).

Yes, that missing out on top 10 raid rewards might hurt a bit, but it will balance out with likely more frequent rewards, higher tier rewards from TW/TB, and you would be surprised at how many people will still coast on damaging raids if they can just join instead, then there is the next tier that throws one easy team to get some score, I’ve never seen (and seldom heard) of more than about the top 15 players in a guild ‘seriously’ competing for raid rewards once the reward character is farmed and the raid is on ‘easy’ farm.