Kyber threshold correct for division 2?

So looking at division 2, 1000 points per win and 1952 points max per round. So 35424 points max from all rounds and kyber threshold is 35500? Seems like a mistake was made somewhere.

Replies

• Options
    This is the same as the first two GACs. It stinks - much easier to make Kyber in div3 and below.
  • Options
    Really??! I was in division three for the first two. Last two in division 2. To expect more points then are available in rounds is laughable.
  • Options
    The last two GACs had fleet, then 3v3 + fleet. You got more points for winning a round in both of them.

The first two were 5v5, no fleet, and the threshold / round rewards are exactly the same again now.
  • Options
    What about the Feats as you do all 3 rounds.
    Probably a couple of thousand points there if you got them all
  • Options
    Oh I believe you. Just can’t believe they think it makes sense.
  • Options
    Mupper00 wrote: »
    What about the Feats as you do all 3 rounds.
    Probably a couple of thousand points there if you got them all

This is true, but in div3 and below 12 perfect clears + win bonus takes you over the Kyber threshold without any feats.

In div1 and 2 12 perfect clears + win bonus does not.

Some will still make Kyber thanks to feats, but there will be fewer of them as it is much harder to achieve.
  • Options
    Ought to be the same level of difficulty in every Division, the Divisions are only there to help with matchmaking.
  • Options
    That's good. Kyber is for the best not for everybody... Last gac I got into Kyber with 8-4 record. In the first three I got into Kyber with 10-2.I think 11 wins SHOULD be the minimum no matter how many banners you have.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    TaTaKaS wrote: »
    That's good. Kyber is for the best not for everybody... Last gac I got into Kyber with 8-4 record. In the first three I got into Kyber with 10-2.I think 11 wins SHOULD be the minimum no matter how many banners you have.

First GAC in Div 2 I went 11-1 and did almost every feat and still barely made Kyber. So that's one thing, the other thing is that it's way easier to get to Kyber under Div 2 in this setup.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I was in div 2 the first 2 championships and got in with 10-2 on both. Mostly full clears and a lot of feats.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I was in div 2 the first 2 championships and got in with 10-2 on both. Mostly full clears and a lot of feats.

Well this points out the other problem with the leagues. That first GAC I faced max D almost every round so it was very difficult to clear almost every round. With opponents that place less D, it's way easier.

Regardless, under this setup (5v5, no fleets), it's way easier to get to Kyber under Div. 2.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I full clear because I set easier defenses and holding everything I need to full clear my opponent even with heavy defense. Obviously I like playing the efficiency game and I have found that it is the best way to play ga if you know what you are doing.

But yes it is a factor on high divs, what your opponents set..
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Well this points out the other problem with the leagues. That first GAC I faced max D almost every round so it was very difficult to clear almost every round. With opponents that place less D, it's way easier.

Regardless, under this setup (5v5, no fleets), it's way easier to get to Kyber under Div. 2.

Serious question, do you think it’s fair that I could get into kyber in div 3 going 8-4 and not even getting close to kyber with that record in div 2?

Is it fair that it's not the same? No, very unfair.

Is it fair that you dont get into kyber with 4 losses? That seems pretty fair to me, 4 losses shouldnt get kyber.
  • Options
    Kyber should be the same in each division. It should take approximately the same win-loss ratio regardless of your division. Probably a 9-3 or 8-4 with most of the feats and high scores
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Kyber should be the same in each division. It should take approximately the same win-loss ratio regardless of your division. Probably a 9-3 or 8-4 with most of the feats and high scores

Agreed. 100%.

As an aside, I find it amusing that CG can't even get the scoring system balanced - and people still insist/aasume that matchmaking miraculously is.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Matchmaking is more than good... I have fought 48 people until now and every single roster has been very close to mine.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    The disparity in difficulty of kyber between 5v5 (no ship) GAC and ship GAC is huge. In the 3v3 ship GAC, with full clears and some feats, 7-5 could make it. In this GAC you'd need 9-3, and that's borderline.

I made kyber in div 2 in the 1st/2nd seasons (10-2 and 11-1). But those included the undersize 3 stage feat, which awarded more points than typical feats. It is gone, and not replaced by a comparable feat (lots of points, reasonably achievable). This season is going to be the toughest kyber ever.

edit: It looks like the undersize feat was replaced by the no-reinforce ship feat, which progresses and has similar value. Which sucks. It's much harder (unless you run Mal), promotes collusion with shard mates, and has nothing to do with GA skill.
    Post edited by Keydash1 on
  • cannonfodder_iv
    992 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Throw in a first round bracket that includes six other players that have already finished Kyber and, um, yeah - at least there's no stress to be found in this GAC. I honestly think the titles should include the GAC mode. My 3v3 Fleet and 5v5 Fleet Kyber finish are secondary accomplishments compared to making it in this format.