Ship Synergies... Why Biggs?

So with Ship Synergies "coming soon" as always, I started collecting Biggs because I have extra GW tokens and wanted to get a jump on things.
But then I started thinking: Wait, aren't there a LOT of great pilots?

I don't think anyone knows where ships will be going, but now I am remembering watching the movies and it wouldn't make sense if certain people did not have "ship synergies."

I was starting to think of all the good pilots throughout the films: Luke was a darn good pilot - perhaps the best rebel, FOTP and Resistance Pilot are obviously able to fly, Vader/Anakin were one of the best, Chewie, Han, Lando "fast and loose" Calrissian and Rey sure flew the hell out of the Millennium Falcon. Bobas good, Obi Wan is good, and if and Admiral like Akbar doesn't have synergy with a ship, well who knows.

I am starting to wonder if there will be CERTAIN ships that people will be good with, but I really do not understand what we could be seeing. Perhaps there is the Millennium Falcon and Chewy/Han/Rey/Lando will get a bonus there.

Is anyone upping Biggs in preparation for these unknown ships, or just assuming that this is a pipe dream and waiting to see if it ever really happens?

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Repeat this in your head a few times...then you will understand:

"I am an at will beta-tester for EA/CG"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I am farming Biggs and Resistance Pilot in GW now. Both of them are low level but I hear RP is good when maxed and Biggs has a great mustache.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Actually, I am a PAYING beta-tester! Yeeesh, I can only repeat that a couple times without shedding a tear :expressionless:
  • JeighKaeNeither
    243 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So with Ship Synergies "coming soon" as always, I started collecting Biggs because I have extra GW tokens and wanted to get a jump on things.

I don't think anyone knows where ships will be going, but now I am remembering watching the movies and it wouldn't make sense if certain people did not have "ship synergies."

I was starting to think of all the good pilots throughout the films: Luke was a darn good pilot - perhaps the best rebel, FOTP and Resistance Pilot are obviously able to fly, Vader/Anakin were one of the best, Chewie, Han, Lando "fast and loose" Calrissian and Rey sure flew the hell out of the Millennium Falcon. Bobas good, Obi Wan is good, and if and Admiral like Akbar doesn't have synergy with a ship, well who knows.

I am starting to wonder if there will be CERTAIN ships that people will be good with, but I really do not understand what we could be seeing. Perhaps there is the Millennium Falcon and Chewy/Han/Rey/Lando will get a bonus there.

Is anyone upping Biggs in preparation for these unknown ships, or just assuming that this is a pipe dream and waiting to see if it ever really happens?

I've shopped him a little, but he is so worthless. I feel bad for people that have him maxed out. I'm assuming you already have RP? Phasma, Poogle, Lumi, and RP should all come first...I'm sure you have all of those... I'm about to be forced to farm him again...ugh
  • Options
    Have the 25 shard minimum to unlock him, just in case. But not spending any more on him until Ships are confirmed. Also imagine Ewok Scout going to town in Millenium Falcon lol
  • Options
    There seems to be an unusual amount of Biggs shards out there these days too. I got the full character in a Bronzium a couple of weeks ago and I've gotten his shards several times since. Never got a single shard for him before that. Is EA trying to tell us something?

I thought about working on him for this reason but I have too many other toons I want to level/star up first. Plus like you said, there are so many other potential pilots and I have a few of them already higher leveled. So I'll just wait to see where that goes, if it ever does, and react accordingly then.
  • Options

I've shopped him a little, but he is so worthless. I feel bad for people that have him maxed out. I'm assuming you already have RP? Phasma, Poogle, Lumi, and RP should all come first...I'm sure you have all of those... I'm about to be forced to farm him again...ugh

Oh yeah, I have everyone but Poogle. RP and Biggs I have just "ready to go" at 4* if anything comes up.
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I am farming Biggs and Resistance Pilot in GW now. Both of them are low level but I hear RP is good when maxed and Biggs has a great mustache.

I think the mustache is hypnotizing me to click on him... so 80's.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Actually, I am a PAYING beta-tester! Yeeesh, I can only repeat that a couple times without shedding a tear :expressionless:

Me too. :'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I think his description will change once ships are released.

My guess on ships is that they will be like leader abilities. You have to acquire a ship via quest or pack. Pilots have generic ship bonuses, and signature ship bonuses. You will have to unlock and level them up. Non-pilots will not have this skill. One ship per team, second slot is pilot slot.

Examples might include:

Biggs: X-Wing Air Strike AoE
    Han: Kessel Run + 20 team speed with Falcon
    Chewie: Hasty repairs heal with Falcon
    Boba: Tracking computer -10% opposing evasion with Slave I
    Darth: I have you now 20% crit with TIE
    Luke: Use the force 50 potency in Red 5
    Anakin: 10% offense with ANY ship

Note that some popular toons will get no pilot bonuses (Obi, Leia, Sidious, Dooku), but they might get passenger bonuses (Leia, R2)
  • Options
    What about Poe?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Wedge Antilles = greatest starfighter pilot in Star Wars lore.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    chainsaw wrote: »
    What about Poe?

Nerf the **** out of that [smiley balloon].

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    These were SOME examples, and I have no inside info, just an educated guess.

Also, I tend to disagree about Wedge being best ever. Poe's scenes were much more impressive, as were some scenes with Han piloting the Falcon. Anakin in a JSF is a contender, as is Lando in the Falcon. Best from EU, to my knowledge, was Kyp Durron.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Also, I tend to disagree about Wedge being best ever. Poe's scenes were much more impressive, as were some scenes with Han piloting the Falcon. Anakin in a JSF is a contender, as is Lando in the Falcon. Best from EU, to my knowledge, was Kyp Durron.

Have those give Antilles a call when they've survived two Death Star runs. ;)

Edit: Also in the EU is was remarked several times how Wedge was considered the best starfighter pilot to ever live. He even surprised Jedi pilots because he flew as if he was using the force to predict what the enemy would do and to maintain an awareness of his surroundings.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Also, I tend to disagree about Wedge being best ever. Poe's scenes were much more impressive,
    Well, not to break the 4th wall or anything but the movie tech is a little better now. ;)

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Also, I tend to disagree about Wedge being best ever. Poe's scenes were much more impressive,
    Well, not to break the 4th wall or anything but the movie tech is a little better now. ;)

This too lol
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Um, Han and Kyp both navigated asteroid belts at high speed, Han and Lando were each at a Death Star, and Anakin blew up a Droid command ship solo at age 8. Kyp is the only person to navigate his asteroid belt without a map, and it was in a low maneuverability ship. Also, lets not forget Han's 12 parsec Kessel Run, which is another asteroid belt.

In Wedge's defense, he is likely the MOST DECORATED combat pilot.
  • Options
    Back to the point at hand, though, which is, just about ANYBODY would be better than Biggs! How many fighter battles was Ahsoka in, for example? And she didn't get shot down by Darth Vader even once! :-P
    Barris irl imo idk
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Biggs is a lackluster character that may become vible with Ship release. I think the synergy description is there to justify an otherwise weak character.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Biggs is a lackluster character that may become vible with Ship release. I think the synergy description is there to justify an otherwise weak character.

I likely see that description being removed. It's from a pre-release version of the game when space was still a feature in production. It's since been scrapped or pit on hold, and many of those Devs no longer work on the project.

Like many toons, the descriptions were never updated as they or the game changed. They edited a huge list of toon descriptions last update and said more are to follow.
  • Options
    Best from EU, to my knowledge, was Kyp Durron.

Nah, Lieutenant Kettch is by far the best EU pilot. Yub, Yub!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Zanhaep wrote: »
    Best from EU, to my knowledge, was Kyp Durron.

Nah, Lieutenant Kettch is by far the best EU pilot. Yub, Yub!

Lol. Rogue > Wraith

Although I did like Face.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Could he navigate the Sun Crusher asteroid belt without a map in a fighter equipped with a superweapon?

Also, are we even sure Han was even piloting the Falcon? He never seems quite as focused in the Falcon as Chewie does, and we do not speak Wookiee. For all we know, Chewie could be growling "Quit telling people I am your copilot!".
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »

I likely see that description being removed. It's from a pre-release version of the game when space was still a feature in production. It's since been scrapped or pit on hold, and many of those Devs no longer work on the project.

Like many toons, the descriptions were never updated as they or the game changed. They edited a huge list of toon descriptions last update and said more are to follow.

How much has the developer team been cut?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

How much has the developer team been cut?

I don't know how many or if any actual numbers have been cut from the team. But the Devs have commented on several occasions on Reddit that the team has had some turnover. This is fairly common though.
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone else think "ship synergies" is a typo?
  • Options
    There seems to be an unusual amount of Biggs shards out there these days too. I got the full character in a Bronzium a couple of weeks ago and I've gotten his shards several times since. Never got a single shard for him before that. Is EA trying to tell us something?

I thought about working on him for this reason but I have too many other toons I want to level/star up first. Plus like you said, there are so many other potential pilots and I have a few of them already higher leveled. So I'll just wait to see where that goes, if it ever does, and react accordingly then.

Interesting... I got him recently out of bronzium too.
    Now he's at 3*. (I also got a few of his shards from one chromium pack I saved my crystals for, and decided to get the remaining few shards I needed to up-star him.)
  • Options
    I noticed a frequent instances of RG in shipments and bronzing drops after his announced changes....
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    I noticed a frequent instances of RG in shipments and bronzing drops after his announced changes....

He was frequently available in shipments prior to his buff. But most people didn't notice cause he was garbage. Now that everyone is grinding him, they do notice him.
  • Options
    Could he navigate the Sun Crusher asteroid belt without a map in a fighter equipped with a superweapon?

Also, are we even sure Han was even piloting the Falcon? He never seems quite as focused in the Falcon as Chewie does, and we do not speak Wookiee. For all we know, Chewie could be growling "Quit telling people I am your copilot!".

Haha, let the wookie win!
    I just know with so many great pilots choose from. @Timitock I like those thoughts for sure, just dreaming and salivating over the thought of new content... Someday... Hopefully here and not in an app far far away.