GAC leaderboard scoring - how does this thing work?

Raid
35 posts Member
So its round 1 and battles are fought, the maximum i can score (division 5) is 1400 from setting defence and battles, plus 550 for the feats (as some cant be done until round 2). So thats a potential 1950 or thereabout.

So when i look at the leaderboards how can the #1 player in my division have 2216? thats 250+ more points than I can possibly score. Also if i look in lower divisions there are players with 2k+.

Am I missing something here?

Replies

• Options
    Raid wrote: »
    So its round 1 and battles are fought, the maximum i can score (division 5) is 1400 from setting defence and battles, plus 550 for the feats (as some cant be done until round 2). So thats a potential 1950 or thereabout.

So when i look at the leaderboards how can the #1 player in my division have 2216? thats 250+ more points than I can possibly score. Also if i look in lower divisions there are players with 2k+.

Am I missing something here?

They changed the amount of points earned for a match win, it’s not 1k for winning any more. The players with 2216 received byes for the first round, so they got their victory banners already. It’ll even out when you get yours for winning this match. They won’t receive a bye in the second round.

Byes are working as intended. They said in one of the original preview posts that grand arena groups would consist of as many 8-player groups as possible and as few 5-player groups as possible (because you can’t always be guaranteed the number of players who sign up will be cleanly divisible by 8. But between 8 and 5 you can make it work no matter how many players there are). So you’ll always find a couple folks getting a bye here and there.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    It is 1000 for winning in this GAC.

Nice to see yet another one of these threads though.
  • Beyol
    328 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, another stupid bye thread.
  • yasonfyehald
    55 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Can someone explain the scoring, though? Why 1000 per win this GAC and other amounts other GACs? Wasn't it way easier to hit Kyber last GAC (and maybe one before that too)? I can't remember all the details - does anyone have this info and can explain it?

Why the differences and why the changes?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Can someone explain the scoring, though? Why 1000 per win this GAC and other amounts other GACs? Wasn't it way easier to hit Kyber last GAC (and maybe one before that too)? I can't remember all the details - does anyone have this info and can explain it?

Why the differences and why the changes?

3v3
    ships
    regular 5v5
    I think. have no idea how scoring works lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Yes, we've had different formats, though why (and I'm making this up as an example as I don't know the details) does it seem you can hit Kyber with 4 losses in 3v3/Ships and in this 5v5 you can only lose once? Again, I'm using this as a hypothetical example - not sure of the details, but that's what it felt like so I'm looking for someone to explain all the details.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    No one knows why. Not even CG.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Exhibition GAC rules and scoring are still in effect... sometimes...