Compensation for players who couldn't log in due to the 1/24 bug

Prev1
First off, thanks for getting us back in. I have no doubt that the team at CG had other things they'd have preferred to do with their weekends than push out a new client update, which I realize is not a lightly considered thing.

Secondly, is there a plan to compensate players for their lost time? Off the top of my head, here's what I missed:

1) a zeta mat (since I'll no longer get the daily reward for 1/31).
2) Around 500 fleet currency and 100 squad arena currency, as well as I think about 300 crystal shards based on my dropped ranking. And also some diminished credits, but I'm less concerned about that.
3) A chance to have won my first fight in GAC. I had joined, luckily, which I know some others caught by the bug hadn't, but I'm sure I'm down hundreds of points, making it that much harder for me to hit Kyber.
4) Whatever rewards came from the event that ran Saturday.
5) A chance to join and receive rewards from the latest TW.

That's all pretty significant stuff to me. In many ways, this bug couldn't have hit at a worse time (though at least I already have Malak!), but it did - and all because I tried to buy something from the store, and then followed EA CS's advice to uninstall and then reinstall the client.

Can someone from CG please let us know what the next step is?

Replies

• Options
    I wouldnt expect to hear anything until tomorrow, honestly. I expect they've had a rough weekend.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    I wouldnt expect to hear anything until tomorrow, honestly. I expect they've had a rough weekend.

I'd shoot for Tuesday
  • Options

Yeah, fair point. I wouldn't really have expected to hear something today, but tomorrow would be nice.
  • Options
    I would like to echo the thanks for getting us back in... since I can’t play GAC at all right now, I really hope something is coming for all of us affected to help alleviate all the lost rewards and opportunity to even just play the game as intended. At the end of the day, it’s not just the reward it’s the fact I can’t even okay my favorite game mode. But yeah, those resources would help me keep up or at least recover from being “down” for 2+ days.

That being said... again, thank you to all who worked their weekend away to help me play a game. I appreciate you.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Definitely not a good weekend for the players to be affected with the Malak event running, Territory Wars and GAC. I hope CG does something good for these players.
  • Options
    I missed out on a lot too. But I am thankful they got us back in. I do think they will compensate us
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I'd shoot for Tuesday

Of what week?
  • Options
    Maybe it'll be for all players, like the Malak compensation
  • Options
    I’m quite sure they won’t do anything since they won’t be able to see who had this issue and who didn’t
  • Options
    Id just like some form of communication to say “we are looking at ways to compensate players affected by the issue and you can expect to hear something from us by mid-week”. If nothing else, CG’s big fail over and over again is poor communication.
  • Options
    We aren’t getting compensated. Compensation was they got us back in game.
  • Options
    Whattie wrote: »
    I’m quite sure they won’t do anything since they won’t be able to see who had this issue and who didn’t

They're gonna have to compensate everyone or no one. Big weekend for a mess up so they really have to give out something as good will
  • Options
    They should have cancelled TW and GAC at least... especially GAC.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

No.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

No.

Agreed.
  • Options

Yeah, I wouldn't expect them to do that. If it had an effect on a huge part of the player base, then maybe. But if it was really a pretty small number of players, than nah.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Compensation should go to everyone not just those effected by the bug plus if you were effecTed but used another device to log in then you were not really impacted but would also get compensation that's not right...
  • Options
    This happened to a certain degree last time malak came out. How about you survey rosters and figure out if we would have unlocked him. I really needed those malak shards. Not just me mind you, my entire guild. I am at almost 5mil go and have spent a nickel or two on this game. At some point please accept your responsibilities to your patrons. Again second malak event in a row. Both times I tried to buy crystals and got yarded. Please fix your problem here. Thank you.
    Respectfully,
    Ronin
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Ronin7275 wrote: »
    This happened to a certain degree last time malak came out. How about you survey rosters and figure out if we would have unlocked him. I really needed those malak shards. Not just me mind you, my entire guild. I am at almost 5mil go and have spent a nickel or two on this game. At some point please accept your responsibilities to your patrons. Again second malak event in a row. Both times I tried to buy crystals and got yarded. Please fix your problem here. Thank you.
    Respectfully,
    Ronin

Shouldnt they just add him to journey section and let you hit him any time?
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Ronin7275 wrote: »
    Respectfully,
    Ronin

Shouldnt they just add him to journey section and let you hit him any time?

They will in April
  • Options
    Ya just wait till April not that big of a deal... what's another 2 months of losing at this point anyways
  • Options
    Mbaren wrote: »

Yeah, I wouldn't expect them to do that. If it had an effect on a huge part of the player base, then maybe. But if it was really a pretty small number of players, than nah.

Then they should compensate those of us who lost out on ~5 zetas due to their error.

I get that people who were not affected may not agree with this, but when you try to give a company money and in exchange you lose access to their service for 60 hours and fall behind during a weekend where plenty is going on something needs to be done to make things right.

If they can say that only a small number of players were affected, they should also be able to identify that small number of players.
  • Options
    And I see there is now a post from @CG_TopHat on this exact subject. Looking forward to seeing this resolved!
  • Options
    Seems like there should be compensation to ALL players and then extra compensation to those who couldn't access the game. Anyone who had a guildmate not participating also then suffered as well, so it seems compensating all the player base (to some extent) would be the good thing to do. (Definitely do't expect that then).
  • Options
    They should devote 420 hours to determining

1. Players who couldnt log in but logged in on another device
    2. Players who couldnt log in and didnt use another device
    3. Players who had a guild member in 1 above
    4. Players who had guild members in 2 above
    5. Players who had guild members in 1 and 2 above
    6. Players who had no guild members in 1 or 2 above.

Then give 6 levels of different compensation plus a bunch of free stuff to everyone game wide.

Only then will their wrongs be righted
  • Options
    Compensation should go to everyone not just those effected by the bug...

I think you just defined "entitlement" - and at the same time (i.e. simultaneously), illustrated why it makes no sense.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I think you just defined "entitlement" - and at the same time (i.e. simultaneously), illustrated why it makes no sense.

This..... 100%

There is not one valid reason why anyone not affected by the bug should get anything..... To be clear, I was not affected by the bug at all and expect nothing....
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This..... 100%

There is not one valid reason why anyone not affected by the bug should get anything..... To be clear, I was not affected by the bug at all and expect nothing....

The only reason I could imagine thinking was if certain players were locked out of TW sign ups and they are their heavy hitters maybe. That’s the only reason I could even come up with lol
  • Beyol
    328 posts Member
    Options
    I want my pony.