edited March 2016
Post edited by FashionFett on

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Might have been time-limited?
  • Options
    Must be deleted, I think people were exploiting it. What a joke CG is.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Sparsile wrote: »
    Must be deleted, I think people were exploiting it. What a joke CG is.

This should go well....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    If people were exploiting it then they were doing a better job than me. :(

I tried, but it didn't let me redeem multiple codes.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing worse than being a cheater...being a cheater who failed. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    Apparently some people on Reddit said that you could use multiple Apple IDs and that it worked, but that seemed like too much trouble. Am I a failure and lazy?
  • Options
    Failed to cheat you have - Yoda 2016
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Check my discussions got the link in one of them
  • Dashboard
    229 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This honestly sucks. I understand that they had to take it down due to potential cheaters, yet what of those that wanted to redeem him just now? I did not even get the chance to get him, not a single code.
  • Options
    Tried it
    Didnt get anything
    Haven't lost anything
    Don't mind
    Life goes on
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    It originally showed expired June 1, so maybe after they figure out how to stop cheaters they will put it back up.
  • Options
    I hope it's just because of the awkward way the tweet showed the links.

I managed to get a code for myself and my daughters account, and couldn't see how to abuse it. When I tried to get a code for my daughter, it told me I couldn't add a second to my account as I'd forgotten to switch iTunes accounts.

Whatever rumour of cheating there is seems unlikely from my experience.

But the EA tweet had poorly formed links and required a Twitter login, which made finding the "redeem" button a chore for many, judging from the posts here today.

Hopefully, it's just EA / CG finding a better way to do this.
  • Options
    I was going to post this as a response to @EA_Jesse 's thread, but it's closed. Anyway, for those of us who play on iOS but didn't get to the promotion, is there anything planned? If the answer is no that's understandable, but I'd like some sort of answer.
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Since they shut it down due to an exploit they may bring it back when they figure out a fix.

Edit: Here is a link to the official announcement https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22373/twitter-promotion-stopped#latest
  • Options
    I think they temporarily brought it down as someone found a way to make multiple accounts on iTunes and get unlimited shards.

Hopefully they are trying to it it - fancied a piece of Lando action
    http://swgoh.gg/u/GuinUK - 0otini - 688-542-619 - A word of advice - never read a pop-up book about giraffes.
  • Options
    Anubis wrote: »
    Since they shut it down due to an exploit they may bring it back when they figure out a fix.

That's what I would think, but it's possible that the exploit is impossible to fix without working with Twitter, and that's just more trouble than it's worth.
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    Anubis wrote: »

That's what I would think, but it's possible that the exploit is impossible to fix without working with Twitter, and that's just more trouble than it's worth.

The flaw is on Apple's end if multiple codes were redeemed for a single gamecenter account. However, they could probably fix it on their end by refusing to award the promotion more than once to an account.
  • Options
    Cheaters! Screw up the world for err'body
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Options
    There were two threads where someone said they had free codes for lando if you posted
    to it. I now see that the threads have disappeared. What happened? Were they bogus claims?
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    They were not bogus (they were my threads) but they were removed because the promotion is no longer valid due to an exploit.
  • Options
    Nope they were legit got my Lando through it from Anubis
  • Options
    just see who got multiple shards for Lando in last 24hrs filtering for 2star equivalent and ban them....EASY
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick feedback. Appreciate it.
  • Options
    Something tells me the cheater leaderboard is going to get more populated. :smiley:
  • Options
    @Anubis that sucks try and do some good for the community and its further shut down due to this exploit. Thanks for doing it I now have Lando thanks to you and it's very much appreciated I will remember your name bud.
  • Options
    C'mon you can't blame soneone for cheating when Lando is involved....
  • Options
    Would love to know. :( I am playing on iOS as well and didn't have the time to check the promotion because real life happened. :/
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I've gotten everything I have through legit play only. So screw it.
  • Options
    I already got my Lando but still it's sad that people have to ruin it for everyone else with a greedy exploit.