Jedi team with CLS?

oyp124g7y1qq.png
Hi, I'm using this jedi team in arena and I'm currently working on getting JKR, GK and Jolee. I got CLS a few days ago and I started wondering if it would be worth gearing him up and replace Anakin with him even though he doesn't have the jedi tag. What do you guys think?

Replies

• nurm
    107 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I would not do it, because bastilla and jkr leader abilities are only for jedi. You loose the protection, attack bonus and tenancy if zetad.
    I recommend to your team to Add Jolee instead of ezra as soon as possible (also lesser stars with enough gear level) and zeta bastillas lead depending on your shard enemies.
  • Options
    nurm wrote: »
    I would not do it, because bastilla and jkr leader abilities are only for jedi. You loose the protection, attack bonus and tenancy if zetad.
    I recommend to your team to Add Jolee instead of ezra as soon as possible (also lesser stars with enough gear level) and zeta bastillas lead depending on your shard enemies.

Yeah I thought that would be the conclusion as well I just wasn't sure if CLS was too good to not temporarily use even without the jedi tag. Both my bastila lead and Yoda special are zeta'd. Jolee is just barely at 2 stars right now but I will add him when he's at the 4-5 star mark I reckon thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    Ham_Polo wrote: »
    nurm wrote: »

Yeah I thought that would be the conclusion as well I just wasn't sure if CLS was too good to not temporarily use even without the jedi tag. Both my bastila lead and Yoda special are zeta'd. Jolee is just barely at 2 stars right now but I will add him when he's at the 4-5 star mark I reckon thanks for the reply!

The only team I've ever seen CLS on as an ally was Ackbar lead.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    oyp124g7y1qq.png
    Hi, I'm using this jedi team in arena and I'm currently working on getting JKR, GK and Jolee. I got CLS a few days ago and I started wondering if it would be worth gearing him up and replace Anakin with him even though he doesn't have the jedi tag. What do you guys think?

Gear up ani. You'll be glad later.
  • DarthNekros
    710 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Don't replace Anakin. He's too good.

Apply that Jolee zeta ASAP, replace Ezra with him, then when you get Revan, drop Old Ben, keep Bastila as an ally, and put Revan as the lead.

So, your team should go through these phases:

zBastila (L), zGMYoda, Ezra, JKAnakin, Old Ben - Current

zBastila (L), zGMYoda, zJolee, JKAnakin, zzCLS - Next

zzzJKRevan (L), zBastila, zGMYoda, zJolee, JKAnakin - End Goal. Unless you'd rather have Gen Kenobi, also a great choice
    Post edited by DarthNekros on
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    I suggest going for a complete CLS team instead, they are so much fun. Best at arena? No, but SO much fun...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    I suggest going for a complete CLS team instead, they are so much fun. Best at arena? No, but SO much fun...

Fun for you. Rest of us like to win.
  • Options

Not worth the investment now for "them" as a team, however they are now more valuable pieced apart
  • Options

Apply that Jolee zeta ASAP, replace Ezra with him, then when you get Revan, drop Old Ben, keep Bastila as an ally, and put Revan as the lead.

zzzJKRevan (L), zBastila, zGMYoda, zJolee, JKAnakin - End Goal. Unless you'd rather have Gen Kenobi, also a great choice

Interesting, so you do think CLS is better on the team until I get Revan and Jolee. My Jolee is still only at 2 stars (not activated yet), do you still recommend putting in CLS now or wait for Jolee to get stronger? I assume I swap Ezra with CLS if you say yes xD
  • Options

Sadly I'm not quite there yet xD I don't have Han, and I have neither bounty hunters nor ewoks to get Chewie and 3PO D:
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Sadly I'm not quite there yet xD I don't have Han, and I have neither bounty hunters nor ewoks to get Chewie and 3PO D:

Oh well, upgrade what you want!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Fun for you. Rest of us like to win.

That’s why I enjoy this game and other people complain about it. C’est la vie!
  • Options

Interesting, so you do think CLS is better on the team until I get Revan and Jolee. My Jolee is still only at 2 stars (not activated yet), do you still recommend putting in CLS now or wait for Jolee to get stronger? I assume I swap Ezra with CLS if you say yes xD

Actually, yes. CLS is awesome on any newer game team but you actually have to mod him for tenacity potency CC CD and offense. I would say you want
    Tenacity 2 sets giving 70
    Potency 60 1 set.
    CC 50 -60
    CD just the triangle
    Cross offense tenacity or potency (whichever you need to get the numbers above.)
    Circle protection
    As much secondary offense speed and the above stats as possible. I'd ignore health and defense stats.

Do that and he'll be mean.
  • Options

How upgraded is your CLS? Waiting isn't really ever ideal if you have the good characters now. If your CLS is highly upgraded (relative to you, so lvl 85, g11 or 12, with at least the zeta on It Binds All Things, then replace Old Ben. Otherwise, replace Ezra for now.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Actually, yes. CLS is awesome on any newer game team but you actually have to mod him for tenacity potency CC CD and offense. I would say you want
    Potency 60 1 set.
    CC 50 -60
    CD just the triangle
    Cross offense tenacity or potency (whichever you need to get the numbers above.)
    Circle protection
    As much secondary offense speed and the above stats as possible. I'd ignore health and defense stats.

potency? no.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Potency 60 1 set.
    CC 50 -60
    CD just the triangle
    Circle protection

Is potency and tenacity that important?

Potency: He gets 40% from "it binds all things" and an additional 50% from Bastila's legendary battle meditation.

Tenacity: without call to action he has 100% tenacity and Yoda's battle meditation grants him tenacity up.

To me it makes more sense to just go offensive with the mods, do tell me why I'm wrong though!
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

Potency 60 1 set.
    CC 50 -60
    CD just the triangle
    Circle protection

Potency: He gets 40% from "it binds all things" and an additional 50% from Bastila's legendary battle meditation.

Tenacity: without call to action he has 100% tenacity and Yoda's battle meditation grants him tenacity up.

To me it makes more sense to just go offensive with the mods, do tell me why I'm wrong though!

You're not.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

How upgraded is your CLS? Waiting isn't really ever ideal if you have the good characters now. If your CLS is highly upgraded (relative to you, so lvl 85, g11 or 12, with at least the zeta on It Binds All Things, then replace Old Ben. Otherwise, replace Ezra for now.

Sadly I just started gearing him today since I got him a few days ago. I got him to gear 8 at the moment with all abilities lvl 7 right now. I only have enough zeta mats for one right now and I feel like it's more wise to save that for Jolee since I do also spend my resources farming other characters as well. I might just focus on this team for a while to get a better squad arena rank, top 1000 doesn't really provide the greatest rewards xD
  • Options

Sadly I just started gearing him today since I got him a few days ago. I got him to gear 8 at the moment with all abilities lvl 7 right now. I only have enough zeta mats for one right now and I feel like it's more wise to save that for Jolee since I do also spend my resources farming other characters as well. I might just focus on this team for a while to get a better squad arena rank, top 1000 doesn't really provide the greatest rewards xD

You're absolutely right, keep the zeta for Jolee and save gear and all for Revan. CLS is good but if you're close enough to getting Revan within the next two or three months and you want JKR, stick with that.
  • Options
    who do you put in for a full CLS Team ?
  • Options
    mick147 wrote: »
    who do you put in for a full CLS Team ?

The CLS teams that I used to see being meta was CLS lead, Han, Chewie, 3PO and then either R2 or Old Ben. Dunno if it's still the same though.
  • Options
    I've done a lot with my CLS team. I like the mod scheme I have above. If I am not using him on lead though I am using him for countering, debuffing, and damage. His CtA ability is critical for secondary usage and I have been in a position where he lost due to stun-locking. I fixed it with tenacity and made him even more debuffer with potency. I do think this was before relic and DR days though.

I still think I'd go with it.though because just like high tenacity nest is good, really high tenacity nest is better

To each his own thoughcp96abajaete.png
    95v7gqejxkmr.png

• Options
    I've done a lot with my CLS team. I like the mod scheme I have above. If I am not using him on lead though I am using him for countering, debuffing, and damage. His CtA ability is critical for secondary usage and I have been in a position where he lost due to stun-locking. I fixed it with tenacity and made him even more debuffer with potency. I do think this was before relic and DR days though.

I still think I'd go with it.though because just like high tenacity nest is good, really high tenacity nest is better

95v7gqejxkmr.png

I will definitely consider it when using him, for now I've realized that I can't gear him up enough to take over Ezra. I can use him in a budget rebel team in GA though xD
  • Options

95v7gqejxkmr.png

I will definitely consider it when using him, for now I've realized that I can't gear him up enough to take over Ezra. I can use him in a budget rebel team in GA though xD

Do remember that even if you can't give him enough gear to make him g10 (to equal or surpass Ezra), his utility is FAR better. If he's at least g8, I'd say just go for it, I forgot how insane his stun-locking is. Ezra is good but he's not nearly as good.
  • Options

95v7gqejxkmr.png

Do remember that even if you can't give him enough gear to make him g10 (to equal or surpass Ezra), his utility is FAR better. If he's at least g8, I'd say just go for it, I forgot how insane his stun-locking is. Ezra is good but he's not nearly as good.

Interesting, because he actually is g8, I didn't omega his basic (or any other abilities) so that might be why I didn't feel any impact from him during the test fights!
  • Options

95v7gqejxkmr.png

His kit takes over Ezra
  • Options

Potency 60 1 set.
    CC 50 -60
    CD just the triangle
    Circle protection

I think you are probably right for the OP’s particular team. With LegBatMed he should have enough potency, but offense won’t help him much either at lower gears. I would personally say Prot until G10, then Crit Dmg and Offense afterwards. However OP, you should make him as fast as humanly possible, regardless of mods in that team. Even a G8 CLS with good speed will greatly outperform a G10 Ezra.

In a CLS-meta team though, Potency is an absolute MUST on the cross ;)