everybody uses the same team?

i literally get only the same team in the top 1000 i get 3 opponent just using Chopper, Kanan Jarrus, Garazeb Orrelios, Ezra Bridger & Hera Syndulla...
Suck a stupid time waster team can never beat them even tho my team is 5k power higher...
its ridiculous can this team get nerfed or something?

Replies

• MomoTheNinja
    102 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    So, what team are you using? Also, what level are you, what are your characters like, and how new to the game are you? Just so you know, in the mid-late game that team is generally abandoned because it is so very weak (after you get Thrawn the only reason to upgrade them more is for Hoth TB or ships). I'm guessing you're a pretty new player, so you have a lot to learn, so with more information about your characters and what you have would make it so people here can better help you. Phoenix teams can be very annoying in the early game, but there is absolutely no reason to nerf them because they very quickly become irrelevant if you focus and farm the better characters.

Edit: an important lesson to learn early is that squad power is basically irrelevant compared to ability levels, team synergy, character kit, gear levels, and mods.
  • Options
    i am very new yes i am lvl 56 and using grand moff tarkin, darth vader, chewbacca, Talia & jedi consular.
    its getting to the point where i timeout every battle against that team and keep ending up in a draw. its getting dumb.
  • Options
    What other characters do you have? Chewbacca, Talia, and consular are holding you back with that team. If you could go full empire you might have a better chance. However, keep in mind the team you're using has a lot of debuffs, which will cause the enemy Phoenix teams to heal a lot because of Kanaan's unique ability. You might be doing more harm than good with Vader and Tarkin depending on how the enemy is modded, because they have a lot of debuffs and your whole team has pretty low damage. The only strategy I could think might work with the team you have is to keep Tarkin alive, use his basic all the time to sake his AOE for high damage after stacking his potency up super high with his basic. Do you have any other characters well developed? Honestly getting your own Phoenix team ready and doing a mirror match would be way better than the team you're using now.
  • Options
    Give it some time; once you get a team of characters from the same class, like all empire or all Jedi, you should be tackling the Phoenixes fairly easily. They’re weak to teams with lots of debuffs or high offense.
  • Options
    Most of us here are thinking, "This guy has no clue what is in store for him."

Either way OP, Google search ,"SWGOH guide" and him with the most recent 1."
  • Options
    You have hit the part of the arena where people who have done some research are using a team with a lot of synergy. Which will walk over a team of mismatched parts, which is what you are running.

This is the point where if you want to advance farther in the arena you need to learn the value of building a team, not a collection of gp. And tactics of how to beat different teams as some teams just match up better (or worse) against other teams.
  • Options
    Most of us here are thinking, "This guy has no clue what is in store for him."

Either way OP, Google search ,"SWGOH guide" and him with the most recent 1."

This guy was giving you a really good tip in the 2nd half of what he wrote
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    i am very new yes i am lvl 56 and using grand moff tarkin, darth vader, chewbacca, Talia & jedi consular.
    its getting to the point where i timeout every battle against that team and keep ending up in a draw. its getting dumb.
    Because your team is terrible

what great constructive criticism for the new player!.

yes the git gud comments are very helpfull xD
    some of u actually helped tho so thx :)
    i will try to get a better team going that can work together and support eachother just these are the characters i got that are best at this point so working on getting other characters and leveling them up.

What he should have said is your team is terrible against phx. Keep working on it, and make sure you understand how your squad and the enemy's work...in this case, a lot of debuffs on phx squad can work against you
  • Options
    Phoenix is meta for new players, you should also work towards them
  • Options
    Because your team is terrible

what great constructive criticism for the new player!.

yes the git gud comments are very helpfull xD
    some of u actually helped tho so thx :)
    i will try to get a better team going that can work together and support eachother just these are the characters i got that are best at this point cause ive been working hard on getting a 7 star so i can participate in my guild raids, so working on getting other characters and leveling them up.

Actually, I don't think the levity of your team being terrible was communicated effectively enough. It is sort of "those characters should almost never be used at all. Talia and JC and CW Chebacca.

Royal Guard with that empire team would be better. Mod health defense speed and potency. Potency = 60%. His stun on basic is where the money is at with him and he saves EP's life with taunt

Your 1st zeta should be EP lead. Then Vader unique, then EP unique. Then you won't need to zeta them more.

Oh, and you want EP, Vader, and Tarkin each to have more than 80% potency. That is important for that team. It will destroy all Phoenix you are facing.
  • Options
    You're prolly going up against players who bought the hyperdrive bundle and if you don't have it it's gonna take a long time to beat them most likely or until you get a good counter.
  • Options
    A few quick tips on Phoenix:
    Each member applies their own special unique buff to the team. When that team member is killed, their buff is removed. Prioritize one target at a time. Vader’s culling blade will help once you stack a bunch of debuffs.
    Health and protection regen are the biggest hurtles to early game players. Count Dooku’s lead applies irresistible healing immunity, and he is easy to get early on.
    You can use their counter attacks against them. Stormtrooper Han, for example, give your entire team turn meter whenever he is his while he has taunt up.
    Make sure you have good mods on your arena team. Prioritize speed, speed, speed. Speed arrows are the most important in the start, so farm the health arrow node until you have 5x speed arrows. Also make sure they are leveled to 15.
    Lastly, gearing up your characters is as important as starring them up. A G6 7* Vader, for example, is incredibly weak, as compared to a G11 4*.
  • Options
    The variety gets better as you progress in the game......oh wait, no it doesn't, the "same team" just changes. Nevermind. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenix teams are common in the early game because they work and they unlock key content (Emperor Palpatine, Thrawn, and Chimaera). You'll continue to see them for a while, so you will need to adapt by either building a better Phoenix team or building a squad that can beat them. Clearly your current one can't, so it's time to make a change.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png