Fo team vs Grievous team

Hi guys, :)
My current arena team is KRU*5,Kylo*7,Phasma*6,Fotp*5,Foo*6, g8-9. Im lv72, f2p. Including the new fo chars(I hope they make them farmable soon) how should I build my fo team? Also I have Bb8, can get grievous and have/can get other f2p friendly droids. Should I make a droid team instead and if so what droids should I use. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Options
    Depends on what do you wanna get.

A GG with BB8 team would be a nuke team against a DR squad. (If you follow some strategies on youtube etc.)

If you wanna go for the new Kylo, I would recommend to upgrade your FO toons like KRU, FOSTP and officer.

If you want to make a nuke team, I would farm IG88/HK-47, T3M4 something like that.

If you want a good squad for guild events I would go for a full seperatist droid lineup.
  • Options
    Akenno wrote: »
    Depends on what do you wanna get.

A GG with BB8 team would be a nuke team against a DR squad. (If you follow some strategies on youtube etc.)

If you wanna go for the new Kylo, I would recommend to upgrade your FO toons like KRU, FOSTP and officer.

If you want to make a nuke team, I would farm IG88/HK-47, T3M4 something like that.

If you want a good squad for guild events I would go for a full seperatist droid lineup.

I don't think I'll be able to get the new kylo anytime soon. Don't you need super high gear levels/upgraded chars for journeys?

I just want a fun arena team thats at least decent. Is a nuke team substantialy better than a fo one?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    GG team is worth it in the long term. It gets stronger and stronger the more you hear the team. Decimated most teams. GG doesn’t do much at lower gears (early levels) and requires a lot of Sep Droids that takes a while to farm

Work on your sep droid while building up on FO
  • Options
    It depends what point you're at in the game, a nuke team doesn't really have much of a purpose without Grievous at relic levels and often loses to teams besides Darth Revan. Generally until you get to the point where you can apply relics and mostly face Darth Revan teams, I would say FO will serve you better, though there are still better teams out there. If you have swgoh.gg you can link your account and people may be able to give you other advice too, but just for FO I think Tie and Phasma are the weak links, either of the new characters or Executioner will probably help.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot guys! Im prolly use the fo team until it starts getting outclassed.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    For a long time the optimal FO team has been KRU, Kylo, Officer, Executioner, Stormtrooper.

It seems likely that this will change soon as Hux and Sith Trooper are both pretty great. I haven't messed around with either much but Hux is basically an improved Officer and Sith Trooper can apparently deal absolutely insane damage once he's geared up.

Also Legend Kylo is obviously on the way, but I wouldn't worry about that for where you are in the game currently.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    For a long time the optimal FO team has been KRU, Kylo, Officer, Executioner, Stormtrooper.

It seems likely that this will change soon as Hux and Sith Trooper are both pretty great. I haven't messed around with either much but Hux is basically an improved Officer and Sith Trooper can apparently deal absolutely insane damage once he's geared up.

Also Legend Kylo is obviously on the way, but I wouldn't worry about that for where you are in the game currently.

What do you think will be the best team now? You know, excluding supreme leader kylo.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    ImYourPapi wrote: »

What do you think will be the best team now? You know, excluding supreme leader kylo.

Hard to say for sure but I would guess Hux will replace the Officer and Sith Trooper will replace either Executioner or Stormtrooper, depending on whether it ends up being more valuable to have two tanks (KRU/Stormtrooper) or two monster damage dealers (Executioner/Sith Trooper).
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    ImYourPapi wrote: »

what other ones do you have, just what you put in the op? No new hux/FOSiT either?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I started playing again a few weeks ago and missed the hux and fosit events. I also don't have fosftp but from what I understand he's not good. But it doesn't matter, Im gonna get them as soon as they're farmable.
  • Options
    I'd think if geared and modded well, KRU, Kylo, Hux, FOX, SiT would be the ideal lineup. Plenty of TM gains, debuffs, assists, and advantage. KRU can take an absolute beating if modded properly and allow someone else to replace FOST.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I'd think if geared and modded well, KRU, Kylo, Hux, FOX, SiT would be the ideal lineup. Plenty of TM gains, debuffs, assists, and advantage. KRU can take an absolute beating if modded properly and allow someone else to replace FOST.

I wouldn't 100% count stormtrooper out just yet. KRU is an absolutely monstrous tank but he doesn't have a passive taunt like GK, or a way to automatically regain it when he loses it like Bossk or Old Ben, so it's not super difficult to just go around him. Having the extra tank to pingpong taunts is really helpful, plus ST calls assists with his zeta.

Though it also wouldn't matter much if FOX/FoSiT can just liquefy the entire team in a few turns, so I guess we'll see.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    So, how would the "leftovers" work under a Phasma lead (the only other leader)? Also, what would be the best way to create 2 good teams?
  • Options
    Khodan29 wrote: »
    So, how would the "leftovers" work under a Phasma lead (the only other leader)? Also, what would be the best way to create 2 good teams?

Again, really too early to say. But Phasma's lead just isn't very good, so the best way to make 2 decent teams will probably be to run the Supreme Leader Kylo team with Officer, and use Hux as the lead for the secondary team.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Well, it isn't really comparable to anything but I did destroy this droid team today with my Dathcha -led Jawas. No casualties.
    b0vhcx284ayx.png
    A relic GG wipes my Jawas in 1 AOE usually, but it does kinda make the point that GG nuke has lots of counters.
    My CLS eats GG nukes in 7 attacks.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Well, it isn't really comparable to anything but I did destroy this droid team today with my Dathcha -led Jawas. No casualties.
    b0vhcx284ayx.png
    A relic GG wipes my Jawas in 1 AOE usually, but it does kinda make the point that GG nuke has lots of counters.

That doesn't make any point about gg nukes. They are made for one purpose and it's vs DR on offense. Don't get excited that your opponent set a bad squad and you beat it with a squad that specifically has anti droid synergies.

Edit: g8
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    b0vhcx284ayx.png

That doesn't make any point about gg nukes. They are made for one purpose and it's vs DR on offense. Don't get excited that your opponent set a bad squad and you beat it with a squad that specifically has anti droid synergies.

Jawas = exciting
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    b0vhcx284ayx.png

Jawas = exciting

Exciting = RNG fest i hope bests undergeared squads
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q