New content for non-whales

2Next

Replies

• Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    Wow between javind, TVf & yaevisla , this May be the thread to kill the “reskin” argument for real. Good. I hope it’s true.

Reskinned is such a bogus term. Once you’ve skinned a cat , can you skin it again? Cause that would be reskinned. Or would reskinned be putting skin back on a cat after you did skin it ? Either way. It does not mean video game content that has the same structure as other video game structure.
  • TVF
    36679 posts Member
    Options
    Stick wrote: »
    Or would reskinned be putting skin back on a cat after you did skin it ?

This.

Which is why reskinners deserve more credit. It's harder than people realize.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Go Taxidermists!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    If you are not a whale and you want something to do I suggest ... WHALE HARDER.
  • Options
    Simple answer to the original question asked in the post is...NO!
    WHALE HARDER.
  • Options
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Simple answer to the original question asked in the post is...NO!
    WHALE HARDER.

This joke almost funny the first time in this thread
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36679 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Or would reskinned be putting skin back on a cat after you did skin it ?

This.

Which is why reskinners deserve more credit. It's whale harder than people realize.

WISHS
  • Options
    SurvivorM wrote: »
    Humans are reskinned apes (Charles Robert Darwin)

Taxonomically speaking, we never stopped being apes. Genus **** is part of the great ape family.
  • Options
    Seriously? We can't use the scientific name of the human genus in this forum? I know the United States are a fairly young country, but it should be old enough by now not to giggle hysterically when someone says "**** sapiens" or "ecce ****".
  • Options
    Seriously? We can't use the scientific name of the human genus in this forum? I know the United States are a fairly young country, but it should be old enough by now not to giggle hysterically when someone says "**** sapiens" or "ecce ****".

We are not.
  • TVF
    36679 posts Member
    Options

It's not about giggling.
  • Ultra
    11548 posts Moderator
    edited February 2020
    Options

Taxonomically speaking, we never stopped being apes. Genus **** is part of the great ape family.
    I can't be an ape since dolphins are my spirit animal
  • TVF
    36679 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I can't be an ape since dolphins are my spirit animal

Ok Mr. Whale Discord.
  • Options
    Why do you think new players are entitled to the same things that whales or long term players are?

Should new players not have to spend a similar amount or play a similar amount of time?

Should all the money whales spent, or time long term players be totally negated so that a new person can be equal?

It is, in fact, much easier to catch up than it ever has been, but you don't hear whales complaining. Get over yourself and realize that time and money spent matters and nobody owes you anything just for coming to the party late.[/quote]

It seems that may are taking the initial question out of context or suggesting something other than was was being raised. I have no problem with the new content, and I'm not complaining. Those who have been playing for years or whaling deserve new content. I was simply asking if there was any plan for accessible new content for those of us not at that stage yet (e.g. new game modes as suggested by the devs). I also don't disagree with the claim that those of us who started later have an advantage in knowing how to prep for events and can access much more through the journey guide.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    ccyril wrote:
    Why do you think new players are entitled to the same things that whales or long term players are?

Should new players not have to spend a similar amount or play a similar amount of time?

Should all the money whales spent, or time long term players be totally negated so that a new person can be equal?

It is, in fact, much easier to catch up than it ever has been, but you don't hear whales complaining. Get over yourself and realize that time and money spent matters and nobody owes you anything just for coming to the party late.
    cirdan wrote:
    It seems that may are taking the initial question out of context or suggesting something other than was was being raised. I have no problem with the new content, and I'm not complaining. Those who have been playing for years or whaling deserve new content. I was simply asking if there was any plan for accessible new content for those of us not at that stage yet (e.g. new game modes as suggested by the devs). I also don't disagree with the claim that those of us who started later have an advantage in knowing how to prep for events and can access much more through the journey guide.

If you're not at that stage yet, you have enough to do to get there.
  • Options
    Where is the contend? Today there is nothing to do...
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    To everyone arguing that the newer stuff isn't just for whales, you're right. It's also for FTP longer term players. But if you started a FTP account within, what, a year? You can't even touch these things likely the Geo TBs are out of play, the assault battle tiers most definitely are, and you sure as hell aren't going to have 13 First Order or Resistance characters at r5 either.

Yeah, that means they have the old game stuff to do, but human nature means people want to be involved in newer things and not be stuck way behind everyone else particularly in a game like this where "behind everyone else" means years behind.

I wouldn't expect that account to do particularly well in Heroic Sith either. Does that mean Heroic Sith is whales-and-veterans-only? I guess maybe it does, but I don't think there's a "fix" for this. You gotta build up your roster to qualify for harder content. That's just how it works.

Also, those players have the option to aim directly for the new stuff if they really want to. I wouldn't suggest going straight for Galactic Legend Rey as a new player, but if you really wanted to make that your first goal in the game, there's no rule saying you can't.

Well sith raid and haat had tiers to choose from,so it was not for vets or whales only,but for new f2p players,all the new content we only get is highly gated behind high level relics right now.
  • TVF
    36679 posts Member
    Options
    Looooki wrote: »

Cargo event?
  • Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    Today there is TW and GA attack phases.
    Still not a he.