Assist bug since last update

I expect there have been a lot of complaints about this already, but I feel the need to add my voice to this frustrating issue. This has been my experience since the last update:

1) Assist fails if any character on my squad is stunned.
2) Assist fails if any character on the enemy squad has counter chance or retribution.
3) Assist fails if targeted enemy character dodges the primary attack.
4) Assist succeeds if none of the above options is in effect, which seems to be about 5% of the time.

I have been trying to keep track as much as possible to be able to provide better feedback.

Replies

• Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    1 is an old issue acknowledged by devs, but not necessarily going to be fixed soon.
    2 Hit Dooku with QGJ today in GW, neither main nor assist attack killed Dooku, so he went off to retaliate on both, as expected.
    3 I did it today, hit Sid with QGJ assist attack. Sid dodged, but assist attack from 86 killed Sid. So at least in my case it worked.
    To me I am yet to see assist fail except for #1.
    What assist char are you using? I have used QGJ, 86, and GS today without issues.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. This has only started happening for me since the last update, when they fixed Dooku's lead. I'm wondering if that's what did it.
    This mostly happens with Fives, but that's because I use him a lot. I have also noticed it with both QGJ and GS, so it's not only one character.
  • Options
    It's always been assist fails if your buddy is stunned. It's just your assist can't do it. Makes sense. Now I have had toons stunned, and still get an assist from an unstunned character.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Options
    I'm only having the stun party member so no assist problem. Haven't seen the others but will keep an eye out
  • Options
    if target have foresight, both attack by assisting will fail.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies. This appears to be fixed now, I haven't had any trouble today or yesterday. :smile: