Traya vs Bugs Strategy Question

Can a Traya squad be under geared and still take out a Bugs squad?

Like if my Traya Trio is all gear 10/11 with decent mods, what type of Bugs squad can she typically take out? Same gear? Gear 12? Low Relics?

Replies

• Options
    G12 Traya team can go sideways against low relic geos. With good mods you can take on a g12 geo squad.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    Get Sion Relic and as fast as you can.
  • Options
    Get Sion Relic and as fast as you can.

Yeah they can barely even touch him lol R6 sion
  • Options
    Same gear or a bit higher gear - yes. Much better gear (relics in your example) - no.

The greatest risk is that nihilus or traya will be one-shot by geo spy. So you would need good speed, some taunt (sith empire trooper preferably), may be crit avoidance.
  • Options
    I use a g12 Traya trio and not had any problems with g12 bugs....and not many issues with some of the bugs being g13
  • Options
    I use a g12 Traya trio and not had any problems with g12 bugs....and not many issues with some of the bugs being g13

What's your mods like? I've had to revert to padme cause my g12 trio plus two struggle against a full relicd squad (r7 gba and rest r3 or 4)
  • chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @Saada Please see my swgoh link above, the mods on my Traya trio are what I've been using for the past couple months. ...I did say "some", not fully relic'd squads

EDIT: Clarify that it was not with fully relic'd squads
  • Options
    Beast09 wrote: »
    Same gear or a bit higher gear - yes. Much better gear (relics in your example) - no.

The greatest risk is that nihilus or traya will be one-shot by geo spy. So you would need good speed, some taunt (sith empire trooper preferably), may be crit avoidance.

Yes, I meant as fast as possible with a crit a arrow
  • Options
    I use just the 3. Traya, DN and Sion v a full bug squad
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Long as Sion is fast enough, get off hatered and can absorb the damage for their first turn your done. They can’t win at that point.

I have R1 Sion and haven’t lost to even partial R7 bugs and rest gear 12+
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    @Saada Please see my swgoh link above, the mods on my Traya trio are what I've been using for the past couple months. ...I did say "some", not fully relic'd squads

EDIT: Clarify that it was not with fully relic'd squads

Thanks I'll take a look
  • Options
    The answer is always “it depends.”

Personally, I run R1 Traya and (very fast) R1 Sion and those two alone typically take a full squad of Geos regardless of their relic level and mods.

I use just the two for the bonus banners, and ability to save my other Sith for other teams.

If you want to use full triumvirate, they’ll be able to handle more. Mayyyybe poorly modded and slow g12. Add two more characters to simply take hits, especially a fast AoE damage dealer, and your undergeared Traya team should be pretty decent on offense.

Of course, you need both zetas on Traya and the one on Sion, regardless of gear level, in order to work.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    g12 trium can take bugs with some relics. I would say rule of thumb is triumvirate can be a little lower in gear
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Thanks all. Based on where I’m at in GAC a solid Gear 11 squad should help me push through Bugs.