When KAM will be 7*, he will already be an old content

Jefferx
362 posts Member
edited February 2020
KAM was designed end of 2019, basically it will be unlocked in summer maybe for our 250 millions guild, and 7 star maybe in 2021. For a kit designed on 2019, i think it will be already an old content and probably useless in PVP. For sure TW, GAC and TBLS, he will be useful. But i think that the way it is designed, creating a toon that we will play in a year, it’s not a good content.
Post edited by Jefferx on

Replies

• Options
    I think it's a little early to give up on him now. Plus, I'm not sure anyone expected him to be the next arena meta, which shouldn't be the only focus of your roster building anyway. You even said he will be useful in TW, GAC, and TB which seems to actually be a counterpoint to your argument.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    It seems likely that he’ll be at least somewhat handy just by virtue of allowing you to run a Jedi team with +60 speed under QGJ. But he probably won’t be more than a B-team.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    CLS is more than half the game's lifetime ago, and he's still one of the most useful units in the game.

Meanwhile, KAM seems like a unit whose prime hasn't hit yet. Rather, it seems like there's more material coming his way with the Clone Wars season 7 cycle.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Since his kit heavily plays with the char stats (especially the 40% max health) I don't see him becoming useless anytime soon considering that the higher the relic levels the higher the HP pools of the Jedis.

But obviously it really stinks that he's tied to such a difficult and resource demanding mission so that his unlock progress is by far the slowest in the entire game.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I'm fairly certain they didn't expect anyone to be unlocking/7* him this week, so either they made a char that is outdated before he was even unlocked, if that is even possible, or they took this into account
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    <blockquote>either they made a char that is outdated before he was even unlocked, if that is even possible, or they took this into account</blockquote>

So... the question is this: do you think that they actually know what the power-balance level will be Jan 1, 2021?

When they can't predict whether a third run epic confrontation will or won't reward shards, I'm highly skeptical that they've managed to appropriately balance 7* KAM 15 months in advance.
  • Ron_ONeal35
    161 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Jefferx wrote: »
    KAM was designed end of 2019, basically it will be unlocked in summer maybe for our 250 millions guild, and 7 star maybe in 2021. Fir a kit designed on 2019, i think it will be already an old content and probably useless in PVP. For sure TW, GAC and TBLS, he will be useful. But i think that the way it is designed, creating a toon that we will play in a year, it’s not a good content.

So, you're definitely a "The glass is half full" kinda person aren't you?
  • Options
    I have still 0 shards of him
  • Options
    I have still 0 shards of him

Same and we won't get any of those soon.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    You don't think there will be new jedi in the game that his kit would make even stronger at that point?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    You don't think there will be new jedi in the game that his kit would make even stronger at that point?

Or maybe a reworked one...
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    His kit currently is too good to be outdated within a year. KAM isn't meant to be arena meta unless he's playing a support role in those squads.

There is always room for future toons to be released where he ends up in the squad, but outside of Squad Arena, his kit is very solid, and I could see it useful for a few years
  • Options
    I have 1 shard
  • Options
    So, characters rise and fall out of the meta every other month it seems, but no meta has completely phased out of usefulness(maybe Zaul), but Ki-Adi-Mundi has some cool looking theory crafting ability with jedi or GR. I mean even HODA released with the first TB, still has great synergy with jedi teams today. I really don't see an issue here.
  • Options
    So, characters rise and fall out of the meta every other month it seems, but no meta has completely phased out of usefulness(maybe Zaul)

Um, really? I can think of Dooku/Dodge meta, Old Droid meta (HK lead), zQGJ, Nihilus-lead Savage, Wiggs, and, yes, Zaul.

I can't think of a single phase of the game where any of them are still used by 3M gp+ players. At lower gp you might find some use in Hoth TB. Sidius used to be great paired with Dooku in the dodge meta - now when does he ever get used?

I don't say this because I object to your whole comment (HK is useful again b/c of DR, IG-88 gets some use again in GG nuke squads, etc. and, yes, Hoda is fun in certain contexts, so there's no reason to assume that KAM will be completely useless in 18 months), but that one sentence isn't correct.
  • Options
    I truly hope he's not an arena meta. Locking arena metas behind guild focused content is blah.
  • Options
    Um, really? I can think of Dooku/Dodge meta, Old Droid meta (HK lead), zQGJ, Nihilus-lead Savage, Wiggs, and, yes, Zaul.

I can't think of a single phase of the game where any of them are still used by 3M gp+ players. At lower gp you might find some use in Hoth TB. Sidius used to be great paired with Dooku in the dodge meta - now when does he ever get used?

I don't say this because I object to your whole comment (HK is useful again b/c of DR, IG-88 gets some use again in GG nuke squads, etc. and, yes, Hoda is fun in certain contexts, so there's no reason to assume that KAM will be completely useless in 18 months), but that one sentence isn't correct.
    At the same time, those are incredibly old metas, literally from over half the game's lifetime ago.

And for most of the ones you mentioned, most of the components are still very good even if other components fell out of favor.

CLS onward, all of the main meta teams retained relevance, even if the exact lineup changed over time. And CLS is from over half the game's lifetime ago.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    So, characters rise and fall out of the meta every other month it seems, but no meta has completely phased out of usefulness(maybe Zaul)

You do have to go back pretty far to challenge the statement though. I suppose we could add the Phasma(L) meta at one point in time too. SO, I will retract the statement in the absolute nature in which I stated it. That being said even the examples stated, over half the individual toons are still useful and most of the un-useful toons are toons released at the game's inception or very near it, and some of them are exceptionally still relevant like Dooku, and HK, but like I said, I'll take back the absolute nature of what I said, ZQGJ for example and Sidious are almost completely useless now
  • Options
    You do have to go back pretty far to challenge the statement though.

Sure. I don't think we disagree at all, it was just the "absolute nature of what [you] said" as you put it.