My first encounter with a Dooku lead team

So, today I decided to attack a Dooku lead team in arena. Not that they don't exist in my server bracket, but I have never felt the need to attack them. Today, I decided to see what the 'buzz' was all about.

Anyways, battle raged on and I eventually won, like usual (not that I'm super awesome, but AI is awful). I run an ALL Jedi QGJ lead team, and the enemy team even had a Sidious on the team. Sure, he dodged WAY more, as did everyone, and received offense up for it, but it wasn't an insane amount (maybe I had decent RNG, but they did Dodge).

All in all, it was a good fight and well balanced. Dooku lead teams are definitely worth the investment in my opinion and he makes for a good leader. I think he is a well balanced hero, worht the investment, and a good addition to most team comps.

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    He is def one of the more splashable characters in this game. Dude has 100% counter chance plus his multiple turn attack bonus. Mines only at 4* and it returns a lot of damage. It's also balanced bc of his somewhat low attack. i think I'll still be using Dooku bc of his counter and dodge when update hits
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Two thoughts

1) totally agree, 2 dooku thumbs up even if it means dropping his saber.

2) this is going to get followed up by a lot of whiners not understanding how dooku works to deal with him as an opponent.
  • Options
    He is def one of the more splashable characters in this game. Dude has 100% counter chance plus his multiple turn attack bonus. Mines only at 4* and it returns a lot of damage. It's also balanced bc of his somewhat low attack. i think I'll still be using Dooku bc of his counter and dodge when update hits

@DarthMegaBex I agree. Dooku is one of the more balanced heroes in the game, and definitely seems to follow suit lore wise. I like him, a lot. I only use him for my DS missions (all Jedi arena), bit I see him all the time in arena.
    Asic wrote: »
    Two thoughts

1) totally agree, 2 dooku thumbs up even if it means dropping his saber.

2) this is going to get followed up by a lot of whiners not understanding how dooku works to deal with him as an opponent.

@Asic Hahaha. Dropping his saber. Anyways, he's definitely a good, well balanced hero. He shines a lot at lower levels, which is where a lot of complaints about him come from. At higher levels and gear, he's counterable and can be worked around, but still a threat if ignored forever. If you were lucky enough to get Yoda, under a QGJ lead, Dooku becomes nothing.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    So, today I decided to attack a Dooku lead team in arena. Not that they don't exist in my server bracket, but I have never felt the need to attack them. Today, I decided to see what the 'buzz' was all about.

Anyways, battle raged on and I eventually won, like usual (not that I'm super awesome, but AI is awful). I run an ALL Jedi QGJ lead team, and the enemy team even had a Sidious on the team. Sure, he dodged WAY more, as did everyone, and received offense up for it, but it wasn't an insane amount (maybe I had decent RNG, but they did Dodge).

All in all, it was a good fight and well balanced. Dooku lead teams are definitely worth the investment in my opinion and he makes for a good leader. I think he is a well balanced hero, worht the investment, and a good addition to most team comps.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that you are not being entirely honest.

All Jedi vs Dooku leading Sid, and you had zero problems? Smooth as silk?
    Highly doubtful.

• Ashishin
    160 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    https://youtu.be/O6YDJKhyAaU

Dooku on Dooku

Yes, the AI defense doesn't do the opposition team justice.
    Much butt hurt I sense in you, this is why you fail...
  • Options
    I think Dooku is awesome, but the fact that he gets that many bonus attacks to me, is not cool. if one character gets that, then all characters should get that too
  • Options
    I think Dooku is awesome, but the fact that he gets that many bonus attacks to me, is not cool. if one character gets that, then all characters should get that too

Even with those bonus attacks, he's probably one of the most balanced characters in game. It's not like he hits as hard as Maul or FOTP per attack.
    Much butt hurt I sense in you, this is why you fail...
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Apparently a double post. Weird.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@Timitock Seriously? You think I'm lying? Whatever floats your boat. As I said, he dodged WAY more than usual, but when you end up 4 vs. Sid or 3 vs. Sid it's not that big of a deal. I HAD NO PROBLEMS. Man, you forum users. I never have problems with Sid, even running all Jedi.

QGJ lead and Yoda makes Sid and Dooku a joke. No dots, no stuns, no ability blocks, no healing immune for 2 rounds. I run QGJ L, Yoda, Ahsoka, Anakin and Lumi. I have 2 of the enemy team dead my turn 1. I finish top 10 EVERYDAY.

Honestly, whether or not 1 forum user believes me or not isn't my concern. Sorry you have issues with them (if you do). I go OUT OF MY WAY to attack any Sid lead team. What a joke.

• Options
    @Ashishin I agree. I think Count Dooku is a very well balanced hero and he does justice to his movie/TV series/lore. He isn't too damaging, but can bring the pain through bonus attacks. He has great crowd control and TM gain. I don't run him personally, but I think he's great.