Is this cheating?

I have not had much experience with any cheaters in game. So I wanted forum opinions. The #1 player in division 4 GAC right now is still listed as the hunting pack tier 6 guild, no zetas, 1 g12 toon, and everything else of lesser gear than that. How is this person #1?

Replies

• Options
    He got gud
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    He got gud

OR DID HE
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    He got gud

OR DID HE

Fased.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Mantalus wrote: »
    I have not had much experience with any cheaters in game. So I wanted forum opinions. The #1 player in division 4 GAC right now is still listed as the hunting pack tier 6 guild, no zetas, 1 g12 toon, and everything else of lesser gear than that. How is this person #1?

Because matchmaking is bad. The current GAC matchmaking is based around the same roster, not the same points. This is really unfair tbh.

If we want a real #1 they should match us vs people with the same GAC feat points. Roster check should occur before we get into a division.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. Yeah seems like a bummer for #2 who has full relic squads etc.
  • Options
    Akenno wrote: »

Because matchmaking is bad. The current GAC matchmaking is based around the same roster, not the same points. This is really unfair tbh.

If we want a real #1 they should match us vs people with the same GAC feat points. Roster check should occur before we get into a division.

Hey, match-making isn't bad! It's just coincidence that the most competitive roster you can possibly have in the game is the best toons with low gear on them and nothing else.
  • Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Hey, match-making isn't bad! It's just coincidence that the most competitive roster you can possibly have in the game is the best toons with low gear on them and nothing else.

How do you get the best toons without anything else? "Best toons" must include DR, GAS, Padme, JKR, 3p0, etc... those all require pretty substantial investments in other squads, so how can it be that a person has just the best toons and nothing else?
  • Options

How do you get the best toons without anything else? "Best toons" must include DR, GAS, Padme, JKR, 3p0, etc... those all require pretty substantial investments in other squads, so how can it be that a person has just the best toons and nothing else?
    I believe he was attempting to use sarcasm. It's very droll you know.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Yeah... I was too lol.
  • Options
    He's got a few of the top toons at 7*, namely the revans, but it appears that he got them with nothing more than gear11 on any of the required toons. He also has 5* thrawn and chewie, but his toons COULD have been used to get those minimal stars. I know I got thrawn with the bare minimum myself.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Yeah... I was too lol.
    Really? Let me know when you succeed. ;)
  • Options
    Perhaps the guy at no.1 has done a lot of the feats and boosted his points? Where as my relic in no.2 has not done many?
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Matching is based on top characters. Since Div 4 has 6 slots, it would be top 60 characters (5/squad * 6 slots * 2 for attack/defense). In Div 4 rosters can vary widely from folks whose top squad is maxed out arena meta but their top 60 includes a lot of trash, to folks with 12 solid but unspectacular teams. The optimal roster would be someone who had counters for the top teams, but decent depth in their 12, all those 12 being solid factions. The sacrifice would be that their top team would likely not be maxed out.

Imagine if you tried to build a roster of 12 squads on a limited budget of GP (the top 60 GP in a typical div 4 roster). I expect you'd end up with something not too far from the rosters among the GAC leaders.
  • Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    Matching is based on top characters. Since Div 4 has 6 slots, it would be top 60 characters (5/squad * 6 slots * 2 for attack/defense). In Div 4 rosters can vary widely from folks whose top squad is maxed out arena meta but their top 60 includes a lot of trash, to folks with 12 solid but unspectacular teams. The optimal roster would be someone who had counters for the top teams, but decent depth in their 12, all those 12 being solid factions. The sacrifice would be that their top team would likely not be maxed out.

Imagine if you tried to build a roster of 12 squads on a limited budget of GP (the top 60 GP in a typical div 4 roster). I expect you'd end up with something not too far from the rosters among the GAC leaders.

Most GAC leaders don't deserve it. We need more divisions and matchmaking against people with the same feat points. Only with that system can you know, if someone is truly #1.
  • Options

Wooooosh
  • Options
    Mupper00 wrote: »
    Perhaps the guy at no.1 has done a lot of the feats and boosted his points? Where as my relic in no.2 has not done many?
    No way he got that high on feats and he would have had to have had complete pushover opponents every match too.

I see two other possibilities:
    1) 1337 h4x, or
    2) That weak roster puts him at the bottom of his division+league and he ends up matched into a bracket of 1 player where he gets 3 byes for max points. Difficult to see that happening 3 GAs in a row though.
  • Options
    Most GAC leaders don't deserve it. We need more divisions and matchmaking against people with the same feat points. Only with that system can you know, if someone is truly #1.
    You can only reach the top with a lot of feats AND a perfect win record with all high scores. Matching based off of feat points seems ridiculous, they are minuscule compared to the points from combat. Now if you are suggesting that their should be more leagues, so that later rounds do a better job of separating players based on performance, I totally agree with you. There should be twice as many leagues at least.

That said, how could someone with a seemingly weak roster reach the top? Because he's only matched against other players with comparably weak rosters. Except compared to his roster, theirs are even worse, because they'll fewer top characters and instead lower end characters in their place. Imagine trying to face this guy using the exact same number of g11/g12 and zetas, but with half as many legendary characters.

• Options
    Crappy rosters can take the top spot because you're not matched with the best rosters in your division, you're matched with similar rosters in the same league as you. So it's not a question of whether you can beat the #1 guy and thus should have that spot, it's how well you perform against rosters deemed similar to yours by the matchmaking engine. To simplify, if he or she runs at an average of 61 banners against equal opposition and you average 60, at the end of the day they will be ranked higher because they're doing better with what they have. That's then tweaked by whether either one of you currently have whatever units are needed for the faction theme feats etc.

We can debate whether that's what we want, but it's what CG stated was the goal for GAC when they launched it. It seems to be doing that relatively well, I suppose. But it does suck to see someone in the 1 spot that you'd walk over any day of the week.