Wasting Resources

Prev1
The requirements are terrible.

For the GS event, we had to g12/g13 really good characters. (Ex: Padmé, Shaak, GK, 3PO, etc)

For GL Rey, we basically get to gear up these chars

R7 JTR - decent
R5 Finn / Res Trooper - Meh but alright

R7 Scav Rey - Trash
R5 Poe - Trash
R3 Res Pilot - Dumpster Fire

I mean like at least rework these things

Replies

• Options
    I think the idea is that if you get the GL toons, it will boost the faction enough that they don't need reworks.

But who knows? Maybe they'll get reworked anyway?

BTW: Don't forget that this isn't the end of it. You're going to need literally every single Resistance toon relic'd. Hero Poe and Hero Finn will probably need r7 each. Then there's Holdo and Rose. Don't forget C3P0 and R2. Am I forgetting anyone?

I think I have 16 relic'd toons total. None of them are Resistance. So now my next 20-25 relic'd toons might be chosen for me?

Ugh.

it would be better if we could get the Raddus up and running quicker, so Poe, ScavRey, Finn and Holdo would all have a decent chance to make a contribution to fleet while you're waiting to get the other 8 toons up to relic 5+.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Short of some reworks coming down the pipeline I am in agreement. These requirements for subpar characters is ridiculous and downright insulting to serious players of the game. At least give players the choice to gear characters at their own discretion and not force relics on at least 4 characters most players will never actually use outside of these events. Just my 2 cents
  • Options
    After months I have 20 gear 13 chars. Im a ftp who ocasionally puts some.money in (bought the hiperdrive bundle because it had good value). But having to gear bad chars? Where is the gear crunch ease? Its still very hard to get stun cuffs, mk 5 pistols, Golden eyeballs and etcetera. Its VERY hard to put a good char to gear 13 and now we have to do it with BAD ONES? COME ON, MAN. we dont have a good source of gear 12 (sith raid rewards mostly suck and you almost never get full g12 pieces), haat rewards are good for nothing (worst than the pit rewards). There's a lot that needs to be done to make life better for players if u really wants us to relic up freaking resistance pilot and bloody phasma. CG only breaks promises and makes the game more unplayable each day. This is another bad move on top of lots of bad moves.
  • Options
    Promising all won’t require relics and then changing that as well.

h01kt3e6lmx3.jpeg
  • Options
    No one is making you upgrade the characters. Just pass on the event and do what you do.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Could be the push for me to finally hang it up. I’m not interested in relic’ing resistance or FO toons.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Why we have to relic 3 resistance pilot but for FO equivalent it s relic 5?

No relic 3 for FO
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    No one is making you upgrade the characters. Just pass on the event and do what you do.

Actually they are if you want to stay relevant in the game. If that isnt a concern then of course anyone is free to do whatever they fancy
  • Options

No relic 3 for FO

no relic 3 for FO yet.simpsons.gif
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Then it wouldnt be wasting resources if it gets you the new shiny character
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

Let’s see, Guilds because of TW & TB

Arena because they finna be OP

and Grand Arena as well.

Yep nobody and nothing is influencing my decision.

Of course I don’t have to listen

But then my guild will do worse which = less resources

I will get merked in GAC = less resources

And destroyed in Arena = less crystals

;p
  • Options
    So your mind is made up and you wont be wasting resources. Glad we talked though this complaint. Time to close the thread.
  • Options
    So your mind is made up and you wont be wasting resources. Glad we talked though this complaint. Time to close the thread.

No I am wasting them, did you even read?
  • Options
    If you dont like it then pass it...thats why I dont have both revan because of bastila
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

No I am wasting them, did you even read?

But you couldnt have wasted the resources if it got you GL Rey. You comprehend yet?
  • Options
    Finn, Scav, Poe, and RP become significantly more relevant with the Raddus out.
    Mercy.
    Still not a he.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    These back and forth arguments become quite tiresome. If a character sits on your roster at r5 or higher and is seldom if ever used past the event then it is considered waste. I dont care if brought Jesus **** himself back to earth it is still waste. Just like this conversation
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    These back and forth arguments become quite tiresome. If a character sits on your roster at r5 or higher and is seldom if ever used past the event then it is considered waste. I dont care if brought Jesus **** himself back to earth it is still waste. Just like this conversation

This
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I think the idea is that if you get the GL toons, it will boost the faction enough that they don't need reworks.

But who knows? Maybe they'll get reworked anyway?

BTW: Don't forget that this isn't the end of it. You're going to need literally every single Resistance toon relic'd. Hero Poe and Hero Finn will probably need r7 each. Then there's Holdo and Rose. Don't forget C3P0 and R2. Am I forgetting anyone?

I think I have 16 relic'd toons total. None of them are Resistance. So now my next 20-25 relic'd toons might be chosen for me?

Ugh.

it would be better if we could get the Raddus up and running quicker, so Poe, ScavRey, Finn and Holdo would all have a decent chance to make a contribution to fleet while you're waiting to get the other 8 toons up to relic 5+.

Just get them all to gear 13, then slowly start the relic grind. By the time you have them all gear 13 you will probably be either done or close to done with GAS shard farming and then you can use that currency to buy gear needed for relics.

Assuming you aren't a hoarder.
  • Options
    Just get them all to gear 13, then slowly start the relic grind.

G13 **is** the problem.

Anything I get to g13 I can take to r4 right away and r5 within a day. Then it takes a bit to recharge my relic data, but I have enough lying around to r4 three toons at once, and it generally takes a lot longer to get the next batch of toons to g13 than it takes to reload my signal data. And that's not using any crystals on Cantina refresh at all.

Relics aren't the grind for me. The g12 pieces are the grind.
  • Options
    Which unit is just going to sit?

The only units so far who are bad on the ground are pilots who are getting a capital ship, making their ships relevant and therefore the units themselves useful.

I've got a G12 Biggs with no relevant Wedge to stand next to because Biggs was a part of my fleet for literally years. He wasn't useful to me on the ground, but I still got more mileage out of investing in Biggs than most units in my roster.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    The only units so far who are bad on the ground are pilots who are getting a capital ship, making their ships relevant and therefore the units themselves useful.

They've also said that the next raid will include ships. Don't be surprised if the fleet portion of the raid is next to impossible to finish without Negotiator and/or Malevolence, and doesn't get to be an easy farm until you get Raddus.

If that's true, then Poe, Scav Rey, Finn, and RP will all be crucial pieces as they crew the three Resistance ships.
  • Options
    They've also said that the next raid will include ships. Don't be surprised if the fleet portion of the raid is next to impossible to finish without Negotiator and/or Malevolence, and doesn't get to be an easy farm until you get Raddus.

If that's true, then Poe, Scav Rey, Finn, and RP will all be crucial pieces as they crew the three Resistance ships.
    Even if they're not strictly necessary, the more properly outfitted fleets you have to throw at the raid, the better you'll be able to bootstrap your way up on raw points.
    Still not a he.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Which unit is just going to sit?

I've got a G12 Biggs with no relevant Wedge to stand next to because Biggs was a part of my fleet for literally years. He wasn't useful to me on the ground, but I still got more mileage out of investing in Biggs than most units in my roster.

Phasma, resistance pilot, Poe, rey scavenger atm for sure will have no active part on my roster unless something drastic changes. As it sits right now nothing in the new capital ship shows me anything worth investing relics into those pilots. This may change and it probably will, but the difference with the GL event vs past events is the sheer amount of resources needed for something we dont even know anything about yet. Which is why nothing is getting geared up till I know specifics.
  • Options

No relic 3 for FO

Well they FO toons are way better so i dont feel as bad about the relic 5 on them
  • Options
    Just skip this one and r7 every OT character in preps for Jedi Luke or every Prequels character for Fallen Anakin if that's your thing.
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

No relic 3 for FO

Well they FO toons are way better so i dont feel as bad about the relic 5 on them

By way better you mean like 12% better.

They’re both bad
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

No relic 3 for FO

By way better you mean like 12% better.

They’re both bad

No i mean way better. FO team on defense in GAC for me, is still a great choice and with everyone at 5 to 7 relic.... you will need a beefy team to topple it. Most of my competition wont have that easily beaten
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

Yes CG is making you. It’s called mild addiction. They know because we’ve played the game for (give or take) 4 years that we will dump gear, resources, crystals and possibly money into this new venture.

The “nobody if making you” Defense is worse than the “reskin” argument. Just stop.

Then spend the resources and get the characters. I dont see an issue. With all the game modes you can use all the Upgraded guys for multiple things.