I'm over it

Yeah, like the title says, I'm pretty over it. Over the new trilogy Galactic legends I mean. They just require too much for how sub-par the new trilogy is. Instead, I'd rather focus on my original trilogy characters in preparation for Galactic Legends Luke Skywalker.

Curious how many of you agree. I get that not going after GL Rey and Kylo will prevent you from being in the meta... but considering either the cost/time of obtaining them, I just feel like it'd be way more rewarding to have Jedi Luke. Especially when you consider that this is the final year of their 5-year plan, I will quit this game for good if Jedi Luke does not come out this year.

Replies

• Options
    Someone who hates the new trilogy?! How novel!
  • Options
    Didn’t they make their 5 year plan 2 years ago
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, like the title says, I'm pretty over it. Over the new trilogy Galactic legends I mean. They just require too much for how sub-par the new trilogy is. Instead, I'd rather focus on my original trilogy characters in preparation for Galactic Legends Luke Skywalker.
    You think you won't need subpar toons for him? Hoth Rebel Soldier, ROLO etc?
  • Options
    I always follow what i want,if its meta so be it,but i dont in games,i play for fun.So i just main cls and will continue to do so till hell freezes prolly.
  • Options
    Someone who hates the new trilogy?! How novel!

Didn't say that I necessarily hated it, but your intelligent contribution is appreciated.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

No, I don't necessarily think that. I'm okay with having to farm subpar toons in the game. I personally don't find that to be the issue. But I'd rather farm for something I have more interest. I.e. original trilogy over new trilogy
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Didn’t they make their 5 year plan 2 years ago

I think they first mentioned it around that time, but the way I understood it was that the plan was directed towards the 5 year existence of the game.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

No, I don't necessarily think that. I'm okay with having to farm subpar toons in the game. I personally don't find that to be the issue. But I'd rather farm for something I have more interest. I.e. original trilogy over new trilogy

So do that. You will be ahead of the curve!
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »

Yeah, I mean I have every rebel at 7 stars already, and I have for awhile. When Hermit Yoda came out, I farmed him hard, hoping that Luke would be out that year. Still hoping.
  • Options

Yeah, I mean I have every rebel at 7 stars already, and I have for awhile. When Hermit Yoda came out, I farmed him hard, hoping that Luke would be out that year. Still hoping.

7* doesn’t matter.

R7 does
  • Options

7* doesn’t matter.

R7 does

Well, yeah, I know that. But farming a character to 7 stars is a pretty huge milestone. Point is, I'd rather farm gear/relics for them, than to have to chase after all these new toons/ships for months, then farm for all of the gear pieces for them over the course of the year, etc. My initial point was that I feel already ahead of the curve. My Soldier/scout have been geared for awhile (I was super excited about Hoth TB). Same with Captain Han. Lobot is at 7 stars, Ugnaught even.

Also, to further my point of not caring about subpar toon requirements, I have Holdo and Rose at 7*s already. I like the collection aspect of this game and I'm okay with the time it takes to farm characters. My main point is that I'd rather go in the direction of Luke Skywalker. I see a lot of forum posts of people freaking out about the 2 new GLs, and I just want to start a conversation to give people something to actually look forward to.
  • Options

Curious how many of you agree. I get that not going after GL Rey and Kylo will prevent you from being in the meta... but considering either the cost/time of obtaining them, I just feel like it'd be way more rewarding to have Jedi Luke. Especially when you consider that this is the final year of their 5-year plan, I will quit this game for good if Jedi Luke does not come out this year.

Jedi Luke will not come out this year. Jedi Luke will never come out. He's trapped in the closet for good.
  • Options

Jedi Luke will not come out this year. Jedi Luke will never come out. He's trapped in the closet for good.

Lol, I think I'll just have to wait and see. If he's not out in May, then that'd be really disappointing. But, I'll give it 'till December 2020.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

7* doesn’t matter.

R7 does

Well, yeah, I know that. But farming a character to 7 stars is a pretty huge milestone. Point is, I'd rather farm gear/relics for them, than to have to chase after all these new toons/ships for months, then farm for all of the gear pieces for them over the course of the year, etc. My initial point was that I feel already ahead of the curve. My Soldier/scout have been geared for awhile (I was super excited about Hoth TB). Same with Captain Han. Lobot is at 7 stars, Ugnaught even.

Also, to further my point of not caring about subpar toon requirements, I have Holdo and Rose at 7*s already. I like the collection aspect of this game and I'm okay with the time it takes to farm characters. My main point is that I'd rather go in the direction of Luke Skywalker. I see a lot of forum posts of people freaking out about the 2 new GLs, and I just want to start a conversation to give people something to actually look forward to.

Not trying to be a **** here, but thinking 7 stars is an achievement just isn't true anymore. The only thing important about 7 stars is being able to progress into the higher gear and ultimately relic levels. Having a character at 7 stars by itself is kind of worthless. Look at their new model. Everything requires R3 or higher so far. That's the new minimum.

Not saying you shouldn't be happy you finished your 7 star grind, you should be. Until you remember you are still a long ways off from the new entry normal.
  • Options

7* doesn’t matter.

R7 does

Not trying to be a **** here, but thinking 7 stars is an achievement just isn't true anymore. The only thing important about 7 stars is being able to progress into the higher gear and ultimately relic levels. Having a character at 7 stars by itself is kind of worthless. Look at their new model. Everything requires R3 or higher so far. That's the new minimum.

Not saying you shouldn't be happy you finished your 7 star grind, you should be. Until you remember you are still a long ways off from the new entry normal.

I hear you. I'm not saying it's necessarily an achievement or that once you get the character to 7 stars, you can now put them in the back burner. What I meant by milestone is that it's the point at which the further points of progression (i.e. gear 12, 6 dot mods, gear 13, and relics) are unlocked. So yeah, I agree with you, I think I just didn't clarify myself enough in that other post.
  • Options

Lol, I think I'll just have to wait and see. If he's not out in May, then that'd be really disappointing. But, I'll give it 'till December 2020.

Don't get me wrong, I wish he would. I was prepping for his release last year g12-ing everything Hoth, was working on Hoth Soldier when I realized it was a pipe dream. Jedi Luke will never come.
    But on the plus side I have a g12 ROLO, CHOLO, and Scout fluffing my GP for GAC, which is nice.
  • Options
    Did that long time ago and will continue doing it.
    If they ever release the mandalorian that require tons of BH and scoundrel relic'ed...bwahahahahaha.
  • Options

I'd rather focus on getting a galactic legends anakin skywalker
  • Options

Don't get me wrong, I wish he would. I was prepping for his release last year g12-ing everything Hoth, was working on Hoth Soldier when I realized it was a pipe dream. Jedi Luke will never come.
    But on the plus side I have a g12 ROLO, CHOLO, and Scout fluffing my GP for GAC, which is nice.

I bet Jedi Luke will come, but it'll be around the time that the game is ending for good.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Options

I'd rather focus on getting a galactic legends anakin skywalker

I think that'd be really cool too. Especially if they made it dark side Anakin with a special Jedi Temple tier in the event ;)
  • Options

7* doesn’t matter.

R7 does

Drama queen
  • Options
    I'd rather gear up sub par original trilogy characters than sub par new trilogy characters.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Stick wrote: »

7* doesn’t matter.

R7 does

Drama queen

Explain