Game has gone FULLY pay to play

And not just pay, because I’ve spent a lot of money on this game, u gotta mortgage your house now

Are threads like these being deleted or what? Where is the outrage that the game we have played for years has become unplayable for us now?

First of all they cut out new f2pish players by making the starter bundle an absolute necessity on new accounts. New shards are kraken only and f2p are not welcome any more.

And now they have sunk all of us long-standing players as well. Why are there not a million threads on this?

Relics are ridiculously precious and different to spending other gear because when we run out of the first three types, they are gonna cost an INSANE amount of money to upgrade. WAY more than other gear, and WAY more than most players can afford. The most heavy spender in the game will start seriously economising.

Having played every day since launch I figured that will last me about 20 characters to r7

Yes the gear requirements and p2pness has gone up over time, but the new event has taken things to another level. You will need probly 10 relicd characters for each event

People who spend on the game: do you not understand that after spending all of your resources on the useless characters for kylo and/or Rey, you are gonna have next to nothing left, or even if you still have a little, by the time the next character comes around, you will have nothing then? And they are not gonna give you the mats u need for relics for anything less than an astronomical amount. THEY ARE PUSHING YOU OUT. WHY ARE YOU NOT MAD?

Replies

• Options
    If they push us out, we will leave.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

They are pushing you out and you will leave, the game will be super kraken only. Can’t you see the direction we’re headed? That’s not a happy result for you
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    G13 then Relics shortly after certainly has made it tough on ftp just because the expectation and game content is increasingly based around relics and multiple squads with relics.

But there will be lots of other ftp or low spenders in the same boat. I don't expect the role out of GL to change things overnight but it is depressing the way the game is going.

Why are FTP so under valued? Time counts as well as money.
  • Options
    We're not mad because we know we don't have to get Galactic Legends day one.

We're not mad because we know the requirements ahead of time and can farm at our leisure.

We're not mad because there won't be some countdown timer when the events go live.

We're not mad because the events won't end and we won't have to speculate when they'll return.

We're not mad because the characters aren't useless.

Finally, we're not mad because we're freaking adults and realize this is a video game.

Calm down.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    This game has come completely off the rails since CG_Carrie was fired.

The remaining devs are tone deaf, dont know how to make content, and quite obviously dont even play their own game (except for test accounts with unlimited resources).
  • Options
    Sayonara15 wrote: »

They are pushing you out and you will leave, the game will be super kraken only. Can’t you see the direction we’re headed? That’s not a happy result for you

So far I'm still hanging in as a f2p. If the game becomes super kraken only, and I'm not enjoying it anymore, I will leave.

No point in playing a game that makes you mad.
  • Options
    Can you even understand the words “pay to play “? Because that is a subscription fee. Last time I checked I was able to do whatever I wanted in the game without paying.
    You’re describing pay to win , which makes a lot of sense for a mobile game and a game as popular as this one. Get your panties Out of a bunch.
    Are you a new player ? Because you don’t sound like it so I’m not sure how you would know what it’s like for someone starting out today.

The threads aren’t being deleted , there is no grand conspiracy as you seem to think. The simple answer as to why there is no outrage is that there is nothing to be outraged about , and being outraged is now just the cool thing to do on the internet.
  • Options
    Money at this point though i dont agree with what is being done atm with GL this event will literqlly cost a while 3000-5000$ at least if they want both...plus side its not even tip of spear ne more that gets ahead it is literally only the sharp point.... However that being said inagain and always thank those 500 -1000whales that will spend the 3-5k and get these character as they keep this game going for me and others that are f2p or minnows... I will get my 1st GL rather quickly cause i think ahead but even for me it will take at least 3 months to get 1 most likely (with planning)
    And the 2nd will probably be 3 more months
  • Options
    Im ok with chasing something it gives me something to do finally ingot 4 things to farn all at once been along time since i jad to farm shards from nodes.... Now have 4 and at least 2 more farmable soon... Content and character release has already pasted all of last year already and only in month 2 if you made it through last yr this year will be easy and better for most of it at leaat time they cone out with a p2p raid in a couple months
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    We're not mad because we know we don't have to get Galactic Legends day one.

We're not mad because we know the requirements ahead of time and can farm at our leisure.

We're not mad because there won't be some countdown timer when the events go live.

We're not mad because the events won't end and we won't have to speculate when they'll return.

We're not mad because the characters aren't useless.

Finally, we're not mad because we're freaking adults and realize this is a video game.

Calm down.

Your first three points are all the same, we get it, a nice addition, ignoring all the negatives and literally the only minor positive that they’re only doing because they don’t need to make us panic farm, they make enough money from making us farm at all. Also you don’t seem to understand that there will be no ‘time to farm’. It took 3 years to amass the mats needed for just 20 r7 characters. Once they’re gone, you ain’t getting em back. I GUARANTEE you they will not give us an amount of relic mats that significantly counteracts that.

I understand for whatever reason there will be the same old people here ignoring the blatant truth to the death like you no matter what but this is clearly the beginning of the end for not only f2p, but solid spenders too.

‘The characters aren’t useless’ oh whatever man. Pick out a little word and focus on it to make others seem like they aren’t making sense. Boring tactics, and playing the game of arguing rather than making valid points. These characters are worth relics to you? Resistance pilot? Poe? Finn? Scav Rey? What top end team do they feature in? Would you ever put your relics anywhere near them if it wasn’t for the event? No. Pointless characters.

Seriously, why do you defend CG? There’s no substance to what you say, I genuinely don’t understand your motivations and am enquiring. If I had to guess I’d say your defending of CG amounts to pure childish stubbornness and complete inability to see another point of view.

‘Not mad cos it’s a game’

Oh sorry we all spent loads of money and time on the game and Im asking why people aren’t upset that they’re being forced out if they don’t spend an absolute fortune, how insanely unreasonable and childlike...... u so adulty I wish I was u. Adults recognise BLATANT problems and do something about it pal, might wanna join em
    Sayonara15 wrote: »

So far I'm still hanging in as a f2p. If the game becomes super kraken only, and I'm not enjoying it anymore, I will leave.

No point in playing a game that makes you mad.

Surprised youre still f2p lol, but it has been pushed to another level now, if you want to play the latest content which is obviously the only point in this game. Literally what are you gonna do when you run out of relics?

The game as it is doesn’t make me mad, I just wanna be able to play it at all. What’s gonna be the point if I can’t access the new characters?
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »
    Can you even understand the words “pay to play “? Because that is a subscription fee. Last time I checked I was able to do whatever I wanted in the game without paying.
    You’re describing pay to win , which makes a lot of sense for a mobile game and a game as popular as this one. Get your panties Out of a bunch.
    Are you a new player ? Because you don’t sound like it so I’m not sure how you would know what it’s like for someone starting out today.

The threads aren’t being deleted , there is no grand conspiracy as you seem to think. The simple answer as to why there is no outrage is that there is nothing to be outraged about , and being outraged is now just the cool thing to do on the internet.

Yes, it is pay to play, because new big characters, probably the only legit new content ppl really care about and reason to stick around, will from now require so much resource that you ain’t getting em unless you buy it.

Pay to play, pay to win, basically the same thing. People who actually like video games like to be competitive, you think on a new shard that’s even close to possible without buying the £100 pack and then some? Is someone fiddling around with a g8 roster really a player of this game?

I never said there was a conspiracy, I more leaned towards why aren’t people mad? Which assumes there is no conspiracy. In truth I was wondering if there was or wasn’t, because people are clearly being pushed out of the game and there aren’t a million threads here. Why aren’t people upset that they won’t be playing this game soon? Do they not understand? Where are the people who play this game? Will you only care when you literally can’t upgrade a single character for three months any more? Can you not see the trend?

Also I’m an internet vet so I understand the territory and don’t care but why are people on this forum literally incapable of addressing the issue instead of picking out little things to make you seem stupid? I get more genuine and valid responses of disagreement on the twitter cesspool.

Issue: relics are so unattainable and cost so much in crystals that f2p and moderate spenders will be forced out of this game

Comments: *doesnt address issue

‘‘BrUh U sO dUmB lOoK aT uR dUmB cOmMeNt, Me So AdUlTy’’
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »

‘Nothing to be outraged about’

Yeah literally every medium spender and f2p is gonna be forced out of this game. I’m sorry but you’re just blind if you can’t see it now. Wasn’t there even a former dev who said as much after he left the studio? You’ve been told what I’m saying by a dev speaking honestly lol.

Wait so outrage is cool, but there is no one outraged? Doesn’t really check out. So by your own admission, when people are outraged you will say ‘oh everyone just likes to be mad for no reason’, and when people aren’t outraged you will say ‘look how valid everyone is, they aren’t complaining’. You appeal to public **** and public validity in the same sentence.

I’m not a new player but I’ve heard how it’s going down, it’s whale only in there. People’s alts I’m sure. People have JKR on day 1, you think ur competing with that as an f2p? Not a shot.
  • Options
    The censored word was ldiocy
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Zynkin wrote: »
    CG_Carrie was fired.

This is anecdotal.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    G13 then Relics shortly after certainly has made it tough on ftp just because the expectation and game content is increasingly based around relics and multiple squads with relics.

But there will be lots of other ftp or low spenders in the same boat. I don't expect the role out of GL to change things overnight but it is depressing the way the game is going.

Why are FTP so under valued? Time counts as well as money.

Thank you for my new favorite quote.
  • Options
    Ok so it’s feb 13. Myself as a moderate spender will be out of the game soon because I’m being pushed as you say. When do I expect the final shove ? When is the game ending for me ? When should we expect to see people leaving the game in significant numbers ? Literally all the minor spenders are going to be shoved out. When is that happening. Literally you say.