Looking for suggestions for 5th slot in droid team

Starslayer87
14 posts Member
edited December 2015
I am building a droid team, I have 5* Gear VII IG 88 and 86. I am planning a crit based team, and so I will farm HK-47 who I haven't unlocked yet, as I just 5* 88 in GW. So with the 3 droids I was gonna farm Poe as the tank with taunt, and he has the Expose ability which combined with the droids crit rate will mow down enemies. So the 5th slot should be a healer no? I have Consular almost at 5*, and Daka will be at 5* before unlocking Poe. Consular and Daka are at Gear VI.

So is gong with Poe in the 4th slot a good idea? and who should be the 5th? consular or Daka?- who I already have. or should I farm Lumi before 86 is max stars? Or should I forget the healer and do something else for more damage or debuffs?

Replies

• Options
    i think you should farm captain phasma
    good leader skill
    This world is not of those who have money , nor of those who have power !
  • Starslayer87
    14 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I am trying to stay away from Meta game, as it makes the Meta hero Allies really useful , and makes my non-meta ally character useful to a meta team... Think about building a team around droid crits and HK, THEN using Phasma from an ally, the double stacked leader abilities will wreck.
  • Options
    The obvious choice would be Poggle the Lesser or Sidious. Sid goes well with 88 and Poggle will buff all your droids.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I am trying to stay away from Meta game, as it makes the Meta hero Allies really useful , and makes my non-meta ally character useful to a meta team... Think about building a team around droid crits and HK, THEN using Phasma from an ally, the double stacked leader abilities will wreck.

Why do you want a tank with taunt for? Is this team for arena?
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

Why do you want a tank with taunt for? Is this team for arena?
    To take damage off the squishy droids, so they last longer..

• Options
    Poggle or lobot have good Droid synergy.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    I'd suggest rushing a poggle and slow farming a lobot from his 2 nodes. With lobot as leader, and poggle as buffer. The speed boosts from these 2 will give you 3 turns to 1 in your matches, eliminating the need for a healer.
    Launch with Hks speed, ability, and offense deduff, and along with the speed of the other droids on turn 1 (action first before the other team gets a chance), you can easily target and eliminate their fastest hero. Then poggle acts, and does his speed and damage buff, allowing all the driods a second attack on their biggest threat. Lobot can provide some healing if youve received any debuffs, but at this point, the enemy team has 2 or 3 heroes left and your hyper fast droids will just play mop up.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    I'd suggest rushing a poggle and slow farming a lobot from his 2 nodes. With lobot as leader, and poggle as buffer. The speed boosts from these 2 will give you 3 turns to 1 in your matches, eliminating the need for a healer.
    Launch with Hks speed, ability, and offense deduff, and along with the speed of the other droids on turn 1 (action first before the other team gets a chance), you can easily target and eliminate their fastest hero. Then poggle acts, and does his speed and damage buff, allowing all the driods a second attack on their biggest threat. Lobot can provide some healing if youve received any debuffs, but at this point, the enemy team has 2 or 3 heroes left and your hyper fast droids will just play mop up.

^ What he said.
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »

Thanks a lot for the detailed suggestion Pilot! That is now my long game plan, as farming anyone from nodes only is the definition of grinding... I wonder if anyone can report on their success rate with Dooku?