Galatic War Report over

Just in case the dev's havent seen, the one podcast that they actually go on is now over as they are unhappy with the direction of the game.

Perhaps they should stop and have a look at what's going on with their player base.

Former Gamechangers talking about boycotts, players leaving in droves and people going F2P as the latest paywalls are obscene (imo) and still no real new content to use the new characters they are selling.

Replies

• Options
    Also the tone deafness of the latest post about all relics being required following internal review, is probably one of the worst developer to player base communications I've ever seen!
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Disappointed. Disappointed with it ending, because I loved it, and disappointed that Sean would say something like "the recent direction the game has been moving in is just not something with which I am comfortable." That's a cop out. I loved the podcast because they didn't complain endlessly about the game, they were clear-eyed about their decisions, and they insisted they could love the game even though they didn't ride the metas. Sean could have written that whole thing and replaced that one sentence with "I have lost interest in playing" and it would have been perfectly fine. Saying this flies in the face of everything the podcast stood for.

Lame.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I enjoyed they didnt mind not being tip of the spear and being up beat too.

The end of them playing says alot when they were amongst the few actually in dialogue with CG.
  • Options
    I used to spend in swgoh, not much but if i needed a quick boost before a gac or tw i would buy some crystals or a cheap pack on the holidays.

Once i saw the requirements for the GL spending money on this game just dosnt make sense anymore.

I really cant understand why there going for such huge requirements.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Disappointed. Disappointed with it ending, because I loved it, and disappointed that Sean would say something like "the recent direction the game has been moving in is just not something with which I am comfortable." That's a cop out. I loved the podcast because they didn't complain endlessly about the game, they were clear-eyed about their decisions, and they insisted they could love the game even though they didn't ride the metas. Sean could have written that whole thing and replaced that one sentence with "I have lost interest in playing" and it would have been perfectly fine. Saying this flies in the face of everything the podcast stood for.

Lame.

Not surprising I disagree with you, as usual.

So, you’d rather Sean be dishonest and say he was quitting because he lost interest in the game rather than be honest and disparage swgoh?

I like that they don’t focus on the negatives, but they certainly speak their minds when CG does something they don’t like.

The retirement was short lived anyway, he’s back playing and the show will continue. This last episode was very relatable and I’m glad Sean was honest and didn’t lie like you wanted him to.

Saying you retire because you lost interrest in the game isn't a lie even if you lost interrest due to not being comfortable with the recent direction the game has been moving in.
    Also, how is it not a lie when you say you're not comfortable with the direction the game is moving in if you start playing again? Ofcourse people can change your minds, but in this case it kinda invalidates the reason for retiring you're so glad he shared.
    PS. If he started playing again, what does that tell the devs? That they're on the right path again?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Brown89 wrote: »
    Former Gamechangers talking about boycotts
    Content creators talk about whatever gets them views and repeat in a parrot mode whatever trend makes people hit like, though.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    My issue was that he wrote a single sentence that lacked any type of context whatsoever - "I'm leaving because of the direction of the game." I never called him a liar. I called it a cop-out. If he had laid it out in that post like he did in this new podcast, it would have been much better.

Regardless, glad he's back and the podcast goes on.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Lame.

Not surprising I disagree with you, as usual.

So, you’d rather Sean be dishonest and say he was quitting because he lost interest in the game rather than be honest and disparage swgoh?

I like that they don’t focus on the negatives, but they certainly speak their minds when CG does something they don’t like.

The retirement was short lived anyway, he’s back playing and the show will continue. This last episode was very relatable and I’m glad Sean was honest and didn’t lie like you wanted him to.

Saying you retire because you lost interrest in the game isn't a lie even if you lost interrest due to not being comfortable with the recent direction the game has been moving in.
    Also, how is it not a lie when you say you're not comfortable with the direction the game is moving in if you start playing again? Ofcourse people can change your minds, but in this case it kinda invalidates the reason for retiring you're so glad he shared.
    PS. If he started playing again, what does that tell the devs? That they're on the right path again?

If that’s what the devs take from it, they’d definitely be mistaken. If you actually listen to the recent podcast you’d understand why he came back.

Lots of people lose interest in the game, he isn’t one of them.

There are many different reasons why people play this game, quit, come back, etc...

I would say the original designers of this game were absolutely on the right track, it has some great aspects that have remained unchanged over the years and great additions have been made along the way.

This is a really good, fun, complex mobile game with a great community, especially outside this forum, with tons of discord servers, discussion groups, podcasts and content creators.

That doesn’t change the fact that things have been done over the past few months to a year that aren’t fun for a lot of players. Of course there are many players who don’t mind anything that’s been done to the game and that’s ok too.

I don't listen to the podcast, nor do i know the person in question. He may or may not have a very good reason to quit and start playing again, i don't know and if i'm being honest i don't really care either.
    There are indeed many different reasons why people play, quit, come back etc etc. What made me respond in this thread is that all the different reasons for quiting get ignored and it gets blamed on the game/devs by default in discussions like this one.
    On top of that, generally speaking i don't care much for players who quit as a form of protest only to start playing again. This particular case may very well be an exception or maybe he didn't even quit out of protest (it just looks like he did the way it was presented in this thread).
    Your last paragraph has never been not true for most of the time i've been playing this game, if not the entire time. So unless you feel like this game has only gotten worse and worse, it's pretty much a meaningless statement.
    Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of reasons why i want to quit right now, but there are still more reasons for me to keep playing. It's pretty much impossible to like every aspect of the game and it would be silly to think this game would cater to me personally, especially because i'm f2p. I did ofcourse ask them to remove fleet entirely multiple times on this forum, unfortunately they didnt ;)
    Anyway, post like this are pointless. They have the data on how many players log in daily, keep/stop spending and what not. Maybe the podcast guy has more luck getting his opinion across to the devs, undoubtedly it's a better platform than this forum for that kind of stuff. Which is a shame, but it also made the forum quite entertaining ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!