Less Points Per Win for GAC?

Dearest CG,

Did you guys purposefully set the points per win back to the old number for players or was this an oversight? Last rounds people in my bracket were receiving 2000 points per win and this round it is back to the 1000 points of old where even one loss may put you out of Kyber.

Replies

• TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    It appears to be related to format - this was the scoring last time there was 5v5 no ships.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Hitting kyber in Div 1/2 was SO much easier in the ships scoring. I'm sitting at 10-0 with all full clears in Div 1, around 100 rank. I'll miss kyber if I lose the last 2, unless they add about 300 in new feats. In the ships format, kyber would've been locked up when I hit 9-0.
  • Options
    Yeah, I was rank 190 and undefeated so far... Lost due to autodeploy since I was super busy one day and then had no service at a hockey tournament. Now I need to win the last two rounds or I'll miss kyber as well. This format should get more points for a win, maybe CG could look at it??
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Themy wrote: »
    Yeah, I was rank 190 and undefeated so far... Lost due to autodeploy since I was super busy one day and then had no service at a hockey tournament. Now I need to win the last two rounds or I'll miss kyber as well. This format should get more points for a win, maybe CG could look at it??

The tradeoff is that it's pretty easy to make Kyber in the other formats.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Too easy perhaps? Should a 9-3 win-loss record merit Kyber?
  • Options
    yeah it’s tougher. i hit aurodium and have no shot at kyber so for my last set of rounds i plan on just putting 8 meta teams on D and watching the world burn hahaha
  • Options
    Rafini wrote: »
    yeah it’s tougher. i hit aurodium and have no shot at kyber so for my last set of rounds i plan on just putting 8 meta teams on D and watching the world burn hahaha

Sigh, this kept me from getting a top10. Couldn’t clear one board last GAC.

Also when I stopped caring about leaderboards. So much out of your control.
  • Options

You didn’t leave enough offense maybe?

Probably need the top 8 meta's to beat the top 8 meta's I doubt anyone saves that much for offense.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Sure. No reason not to given that matchmaking sucks bells.
  • Options
    It probably was too easy last month. I think a good balance would be to have 10-2 with full clears be safely in. 9-3 maybe can make it if they clear all the feats. Last month 9-3 made it easy, provided mostly full clears.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

imo no, a 9-3 mark should not mean kyber. if you are very efficient and do many feats, maybe, but just an average 9-3 should not really make kyber. I believe that you should have to win atleast half of your GA groups to really be considered in the top league, so 10-2.

Example Kyber difficulty levels by w/l record I would find fair:
    12-0 - essentially guaranteed, shouldn't really need feats
    11-1 - solidly in, not many feats beyond the basic "clear zones and win battles" ones
    10-2 - In with mostly full clears and majority of the feats
    9-3 - In with efficient full clears and nearly all feats, should be very difficult
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

You didn’t leave enough offense maybe?

No one has enough offense if someone keeps every single meta team on defense.

• Options

No one has enough offense if someone keeps every single meta team on defense.
    False. First of all, offense will always have an advantage due to AI stupidity. Then using certain cheap counters widens that gap (Nest vs Padme, Bugs vs JKR, etc.). You wouldn't have much left for defense, but you could do it. In reality, most players (even in Div 1) don't have every meta team well geared and modded. So you can add a bit more to defense and still keep enough to clear their strongest possible defense.