Fifth Empire Character?

Hi all,

Right now I've got Vader and Tarkin, and shortly looking at 5* Palps and Thrawn. I'm investigating one more character to fill out an Empire team.

I'm aware that this isn't the absolutely strongest group, but I'd rather have a decent team now, partly for R2 event. My level means no Krennic, Death Trooper, IPD etc.

Should I finish with IG or stormtrooper for defense and taunt? Perhaps Tie Pilot since I'll be using him for ships soon anyway?

Thanks for your help and stories.

Replies

• Options
    TFP(Tie Fighter Pilot) goes great under an all Empire team. And like you said, it's a bonus because the ship isn't bad either. Also, not sure who you are using for lead, but zeta Palpatine lead is the direction you should be going if that's the squad you're looking at. That lead is viable all the way until you get to Darth Malak teams. And with all the debuffs that your lineup dishes out, your turn meter will be flowing like crazy.
  • Options
    willennium wrote: »
    TFP(Tie Fighter Pilot) goes great under an all Empire team. And like you said, it's a bonus because the ship isn't bad either. Also, not sure who you are using for lead, but zeta Palpatine lead is the direction you should be going if that's the squad you're looking at. That lead is viable all the way until you get to Darth Malak teams. And with all the debuffs that your lineup dishes out, your turn meter will be flowing like crazy.

Thanks. Nice to have my thoughts confirmed. Would you still advise TFP without Zeta lead on Palp? (Zeta not feasible for me yet, though it's in the long-term plan).
  • Options
    Yes, absolutely. He's a fantastic toon on an Empire team, since they put out so many debuffs. He's actually probably among the best toons with no zeta in their kit, especially since Rex and GK had zetas added to theirs.
  • Options
    I'd say so. That's the way to play this game though(thinking about the long game). Don't get caught up chasing too many characters at once. Once you get the zeta though, that will supercharge your team. It doesn't sound like much(5% TM when a debuff expires), but when you do the math on all the debuffs you will land with Palpatine's potency boost.... Even without the zeta, the lead is strong and TFP is a nice 2-for-1 since he's got a ship and he his pretty hard.
  • Options
    willennium wrote: »
    I'd say so. That's the way to play this game though(thinking about the long game). Don't get caught up chasing too many characters at once. Once you get the zeta though, that will supercharge your team. It doesn't sound like much(5% TM when a debuff expires), but when you do the math on all the debuffs you will land with Palpatine's potency boost.... Even without the zeta, the lead is strong and TFP is a nice 2-for-1 since he's got a ship and he his pretty hard.

LOL doesn't sound like much. That team lands so many debuffs your counting nickels in a nickel slot machine.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi all,

Right now I've got Vader and Tarkin, and shortly looking at 5* Palps and Thrawn. I'm investigating one more character to fill out an Empire team.

I'm aware that this isn't the absolutely strongest group, but I'd rather have a decent team now, partly for R2 event. My level means no Krennic, Death Trooper, IPD etc.

Should I finish with IG or stormtrooper for defense and taunt? Perhaps Tie Pilot since I'll be using him for ships soon anyway?

Thanks for your help and stories.

Start working on Bastilla Fallen for that team. Her debuff quantity matches the others and they expire fast. Forget about her not being empire, and you'll need her anyway for DR. Have her ready and use her the whole time.

Ah, "partly for r2 event"... If that is the case then go Royal Guard. He tanks, pilots with EP, and is actually a good tank with a debuff. Also, the taunt is triggered meaningfully. He just doesn't bring damage but that team is carried by the other 4 anyway.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Definitely go for Tie Fighter Pilot. He's very squishy, but his damage is very good and his debuff capability is excellent; not to mention he is one of the fastest characters in the game. He is a good mid game and end game character. Even at G11, I still use him with my EP lineup for my offensive teams in GAC.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    also if you look for allies (in the ally sharing thread) you can get some high powered allies to help you beat harder nodes so you can farm chars like bastilla fallen if you haven't unlocked it yet. glgl
    Maybe End Game isn't for you