Resistance Pilot over QGJ ?

SidiousIsPikachu
771 posts Member
edited March 2016
hey guys, after this forum helped me to get from 120-150 place to 20-50, and then to 5-20, and now to being number #1 in my server and beating almost all, i need your advice about strengthening my team, especially in defence, and making people lose while try beat me. and because you can allways make it better.
Currently Running: QGJ 6* (L), poe 7*, rey 6*, fotp 7*, RG 6*.
Now, im farming RP, hes currently 5*, but i get 15 shards each day for him, so he should be 6 soon.. so i've been thinking, perhaps instead of using QGJ as assister and debuffer, using RP... or perhaps switching pilot for a pilot, and removing FOTP from my team.
my thinking about entering RP over QGJ/FOTP is because of his advantage over them - Poe's leader: ace of the resistance, which gives resistance 25% offense, 15% potency.
QGJ Leader effect only himself right now, and it can be weak spot for defense (since enemies will engage me because i have no synergy in team)
So poe giving 25% offense and 15% potency to himself, rey, and RP, can be great no? RP and Poe will expose much more because of potency, and 3 toons making much more damage? is it better than using QGJ as leader only for himself in game, or only on paper?

so TL;DR - Should i use Poe,Rey,RP,Fotp,RG or Poe,rey,rp,QGJ,RG or stay the same ???

Replies

• Options
    no1 tried Poe+Rey+RP ? HELP ME FORUM YOU ARE MY ONLY HOPE
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Drop Poe, use Yoda or Dooku. Also, why no GS?
  • Options
    You should switch Poe to lead now anyway. Not a lot of help with QGJ being only Jedi.
  • Options
    drop QGJ and put in lumi. watch her heal your tanks and give evasion.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Drop Poe, use Yoda or Dooku. Also, why no GS?

So you can be EXACTLY like every other team...
  • Toonny
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, your current lineup "QGJ 6* (L), poe 7*, rey 6*, fotp 7*, RG 6*" could beat any team on offense. It is pretty strong. And if RNG is on your side, it is good defense team too.

You have FOTP so you must on an older server. (Like my shard, no FOTP exists.)

Defense is all about scare people away. Poe no more scare people away. Siwtch to Lumi, GS, or another DPS, won't help much. RP sounds a little better on paper from an assist call, but well, it still won't scare people.

It is time to think about these RNG characters. Like Dooku.

Or just have some fun. Let people beat you at day time, and you climb back before payout.

My strategy is not about making square stronger or scarier. But instead, at day time, I try to stay on No.3, No.6, No.14 when possible. I feel less people attack these spots. You only allow to advance 4 ranks within 20 probably is the reason So No.11+ could only reach No.7, and if you could reach No.1 why attack No.3. So by the end of day I have less fights to go back to top.
  • Options
    Rp isn't that great, unless you're dooku lead. I'd say drop poe for gs, ig86 or if you have neither, then rp
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    maybe RP for FOTP. They're both slow but RP gets a lot of TM gains and foresight and expose is great. But I wouldn't drop qgj. Even if qgj isn't your lead the rest of his abilities are great. Especially humbling blow so you can remove other taunts
  • Options
    thx all for your comments, @Ivan_Drago I never gonna use dooku, i hate him, GS is a stupid bug, and yoda slow animations make me wanna kill myyself. and yes, as said before, its like every team.

@Baron_Arieola why isnt RP that great ? you tried him with poe ?on paper he sounds awesome, lot of expose and offense bonus on that crit guy... which team you tried him with ?

@DV_27 i will probably do as you suggest i believe, since QGJ is better for defense, and my offense is already kind of 99% win atm.
  • Options
    @SidiousIsPikachu rp isn't great because his crit chance isn't as high as it is on paper. Should be 40% but feels more like 30%. Thus his turn meter gain isn't reliable. Phasma lead, dooku lead sounds promising or with leia, to give crit chance up. Also poggle makes him really really dangerous. I guess the bottom line is, you have to cater your team synergy around him to make him a threat because he's too slow, doesn't hit that hard (due to unreliable crit %) and expose gets resisted fairly often. I fear ig86 in a non droid synergy team then rp most of the times
  • Options
    Don't listen to Baron, recommending 86 instead! Super squishy, similar damage, no expose, evade, or foresight. You have RG, use him plus your 4 highest damage toons. You will defend. You know who I take out? Poe!!!! Other teams with a Yoda render him useless. Other teams with a Poggle take him out quick. Other teams with a Poe, coin flip. He isn't very useful anymore. Of what you have left, QGJ becomes the defacto leader. That will get you more than you'd get out of Poe's leadership.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Just no
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    One question is: are you willing to give up that very early Harmonious Assault? That's potentially a lot of damage way early on. If you are then switching Poe to leader and RG for QGJ is worth trying. Otherwise switching RG for Poe to give you another big hitter for the assist might be worth trying, especially since you could get TM with the assist. Having Rey, FOTP, RP or RG as an assist sounds like a win-win-win-win. Worst case is a RG hit with no stun, but that should be relatively rare.
  • Options
    While I wouldn't trade QGJ for RP, suggesting 86 is better for your team is wrong.

I agree with an above poster, I would drop Poe for RP.

I do use RP and she does crit like crazy and on an assist team speeds up considerably. The expose is nice, but the foresight is VERY nice.

Our teams differ - but GS and QGJ calling any of Rey, FOTP, or RP? I would avoid you.

Poe is in your mix? I will target you, free offense up and a weak hitter. (I run Yoda, so Poe is very ineffective vs me)
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I run RP but I think you need to be assist focused or evasion focused to get the most out of her.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think that Qui-Gon Jinn is a good character to get the rank, but to defend the rank is not very useful, because teams with Dooku will attack QGJ at the beginning in the 100% of cases, and in the 90% of cases will stun he, with a 40% chance to stun another character, so is a chance of 36% to stun 2 characters, when wihout jedis is 40% to stun one character and 16% to stun 2 characters. Also Dooku will attack continuously the jedis, blocking and/or stunning they. Also teams with Sidious, if the AI attacks Sidious have 35% extra chance to evade, so I think that Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda and Luminara are good characters to get the rank, but bad characters to defend the rank.

So your idea is good, put Poe as leader. Also the best is use Geonosian Soldier, the best character of the game, and then use Poe, Rey, Resistance Pilot, GS and FOTP/IG-86, this is a very good team. Poggle would not be useful because Rey and GS are faster than Poggle. Another option is use Royal Guard as the 5th character, but I think is better 4 good attackers and 1 tank.

The best teams would be:

Poe, Rey, RP, GS, FOTP
    Poe, Rey, RP, GS, IG-86
    Poe, Rey, RP, GS, RG

These teams is to defend the rank, but to get the rank you can use jedis, but put the defend team in the last battle or play an aditional battle after get the rank 1, you will continue being rank 1 if you play against rank 2 and you win, for example.

In the attack would be useful play with:

Poggle, GS, IG-86, Rey, RG
    Poggle, GS, IG-86, Rey, QGJ
    QGJ, GS, Rey, FOTP, RG

Etc.
  • Options
    thanks all for comments. and btw, not gonna use dooku or GS, i still play for fun, not gonna betray myself. XD
    your knowledge have been very helpful for me :D thx :)
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    I've been slugging away at the long farm for Res Trooper (currently 5*) and just started working on RP. Haven't decided what I'm going to do with them but on paper they look pretty intriguing. Not sure I'm going to commit to a full resistance squad, but we'll see. Side note I'm also farming Hoth Rebel Scout and Hoth Rebel Soldier, and Ackbar. If this game ever gets its sheet together for synergy I could be in good shape.
  • Options
    I have to add that with so many Dooku leads right now, Poe is horrible. His attempt to expose counts as an attack and gives most of the team you are facing a nice buff to rid of him quick and then some.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    @Quim So Dooku leader is much better than QGJ on defense?
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • RamaGiizis
    59 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    Don't listen to Baron, recommending 86 instead! Super squishy, similar damage, no expose, evade, or foresight. You have RG, use him plus your 4 highest damage toons. You will defend. You know who I take out? Poe!!!! Other teams with a Yoda render him useless. Other teams with a Poggle take him out quick. Other teams with a Poe, coin flip. He isn't very useful anymore. Of what you have left, QGJ becomes the defacto leader. That will get you more than you'd get out of Poe's leadership.
    I really feel 86 and RP are both quite good and similar (damage and health talking): then one perform better than the other depending on your team composition. For example, I would absolutely prefer 86 in a lineup that involves Poggle, while I feel RP could be a better addition for a pokémon team (I'm talking about @SidiousIsPikachu squad).
    Post edited by RamaGiizis on
    Rāma || 935 - 264 - 351 || LV. 80 || I've the bad habit of editing my writings soon after I've posted 'em
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    @Quim So Dooku leader is much better than QGJ on defense?

Yes, very useful against teams with 2 jedis, is a chance to 40% that Dooku attacks a jedi in the beginning, and if the opponent have 3 jedis is a chance of 60%, and the leader ability (+15% evasion and offense up when a hit is evaded) is very useful. You can read a topic where I analyze it with videos:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22533/dooku-the-best-leader-nowadays-videos-against-dooku-teams

QGJ in the attack, to get the rank, is useful, because only the 20% of the times Dooku will attack QGJ at the beginning, the AI attacks are random, but in the defense, when a human is controlling the team, if have Dooku, the 100% of the times will attack QGJ at the beginning, with a chance of 90% to stun he and a chance of 40% to stun another character.

• Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    I have to add that with so many Dooku leads right now, Poe is horrible. His attempt to expose counts as an attack and gives most of the team you are facing a nice buff to rid of him quick and then some.

QGJ is better than RP, faster with an assist and a dispel/offense up. However, since everyone is playing Dooku, QGJ is never going to use his HA on defense first turn (and often not even on defense). So if he's your only Jedi, I would defintely swap him for RP if my teams otherwise synergizes well (and since RP synergizes well with fast assists, crit and evasion, that's most of the teams out there).

Edit: The AI isn't entirely random. I haven't yet noticed what the rules for AI Dooku are, but AI Yoda seens to do his TM special first on my Dooku 100% of the time (the only exception is in GW if I bring in a wounded toon he is often attacked first by Yoda).

• Options
    Sorry, late to the game post ha...
    Do you have Dooku?
    I had a post a few weeks ago as I couldn't beat Dooku (L), RP, Rey, ?, ? Because of all the foresight and evasion. @Quim 's poggle (l) suggestion was the only thing that could beat it haha. If you could do: Dooku (L), Rey, RP, QGJ, RG I would avoid that more than anything at the moment. QGJ leads and other Dooku leads are fine. But with Rey and RP it's horrid
    Dc - RoF
  • Options
    @SidiousIsPikachu oops, missed that you don't want Dooku
    Dc - RoF
  • Options
    hehe, this is an old post :D
    anyways, QGJ now leader ability maxed, so i need him to go first for defense, his assist will do one of
    -Rey called assist, chance to foresight, chance to kill an enemy.
    -Fotp called assist, high chance to kill an enemy.
    -RG called assist, chance to stun, chance to speedown.
    -Poe called assist, chance to offDown.

so atm, QGJ will be lead and over RP - to inflict buffs/debuffs in the first turn.
    however, if @Dcmone1 you interested, when i will get RT and old ben to 7* - i will use Ben (L), Poe, RT, RP, Rey.
    i also think that ben is better leader than dooku, and i rather TM gain than offenseUp. only problem atm is... Ben leader abi dont work :)
  • Options
    Sounds a solid plan! Add to the post when you get there, I'd like to hear how that goes (Y)
    Dc - RoF
  • Options
    ben will be 7* in 10 days +-, but RT in a long time.. i'll remember to tag you when i do finish it.