Are the Cinematic Trailers from “Star Wars: The Old Republic” Canon?

Just in case you have never seen these game trailers, you are missing out. You can just google “swtor all cinematic trailers” and a couple will come up. I want to know if this is Canon, and if not, why he hell not? I’ve never even played the freaking game but the plot for the three trailers from these games looks better than any Star Wars trilogy we’ve even dreamt of.

Are the Cinematic Trailers from “Star Wars: The Old Republic” Canon? 13 votes

Cannon
15%
BooMcGregor 2 votes
Not Cannon
61%
Zombie961EventineElessedilthecarterologist958SebekMagicMatthews99NihionJarJarReubsEmpressOrgana 8 votes
Not Cannon Yet
0%
Not Canon Yet, But By The Beard Of Ben Kenobi I Shall Make It So By Way Of A Social Media Campaign
23%
CadoaBaneDarthVeritlynPotato211 3 votes

Replies

• Not Canon Yet, But By The Beard Of Ben Kenobi I Shall Make It So By Way Of A Social Media Campaign
    Eh... The trailers don't really reflect the game story.
  • Not Cannon
    Interesting that you have a 25% success rate on the spelling of canon in this context.
  • Not Cannon
    Can any trailers be considered canon?
    BKiOdZa.gif
    Answer: no
  • Gifafi
    5731 posts Member
    Interesting that you have a 25% success rate on the spelling of canon in this context.

shots fired!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    5731 posts Member

shots fired!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3411 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Intreresting trivia, George Lucas's only guidelines when Bioware was creating SWTOR was "Don't blow up any planets I need for the future". So...

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3411 posts Member
    edited February 2020

I have 9 characters in SWTOR :)
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Boo
    4116 posts Member
    Cannon
    They are "cannon" to me.
  • Not Cannon
    ZAP wrote: »

Technically 50% success rate if you count the title and body of the thread/post.

This is true, good point.
  • Nihion
    3275 posts Member
    Not Cannon
    They’re fun, but that entire era is like WOAH and would overshadow everything Disney has done. And I mean everything. The Mandalorian is good, but... yeah it just can’t match up to an era of people who’s sole purpose is to be cool.
  • Not Canon Yet, But By The Beard Of Ben Kenobi I Shall Make It So By Way Of A Social Media Campaign
    Nihion wrote: »
    They’re fun, but that entire era is like WOAH and would overshadow everything Disney has done. And I mean everything. The Mandalorian is good, but... yeah it just can’t match up to an era of people who’s sole purpose is to be cool.

I love the OR so much
    Sadly, SWTOR has never been official canon, so neither are the trailers :( . But if you liked the trailers, you definitely need to play the whole game with its different single player stories! Each one of them is a 1000x better than anything in the Disney sequels.