GAC Div 2 Kyber

2Next

Replies

• Options
    It didn't help that the feats this time were pretty bad... like winning in fleet arena without using a reinforcement. I can't do that against any fleet in the top 100 on my shard without asking someone to put a bad fleet on defense just for the feat.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    Malevolence Harder!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Lynora wrote: »
    It didn't help that the feats this time were pretty bad... like winning in fleet arena without using a reinforcement. I can't do that against any fleet in the top 100 on my shard without asking someone to put a bad fleet on defense just for the feat.

What do you run and what does the rest of your shard run? Have heard it is easy with Malevolence, and I got it pretty easily against Malevolence with Negotiator.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Malevolence Harder!
    Whalevolence? It does look a bit like Moby ****. :D
  • Options

Fair enough. It's hard to compare without an exchange rate. They nerfed the amount of 6E slicing mats received. How's that?
    Fortunately, we actually have an exchange rate for GAC tokens and 6E slicing mats. It's 55 GAC tokens per MK2 pulse modulator. If you wish they had continued to award slicing mats instead of tokens, just buy slicing mats with your tokens. They are actually a decent deal in that shop, better than kyros if you compare on crystal cost.
  • Options

What do you run and what does the rest of your shard run? Have heard it is easy with Malevolence, and I got it pretty easily against Malevolence with Negotiator.
    For me, it's Negotiator against Negotiator all the time. There's a few Malevolence fleets, but they're usually behind me in the standings. I would have stop doing fleet arena for several days before I started getting any fights I could do without reinforcements. So for me it's a choice of trying to do those feats, or getting 1st or 2nd place in fleet each day.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

For me, it's Negotiator against Negotiator all the time. There's a few Malevolence fleets, but they're usually behind me in the standings. I would have stop doing fleet arena for several days before I started getting any fights I could do without reinforcements. So for me it's a choice of trying to do those feats, or getting 1st or 2nd place in fleet each day.

You can do what everyone else does and message a shard mate ahead of u to set a weak defense.

Then you just beat on eachothers weak Ds to get the reward.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

what everyone else does

Inaccurate
  • Options

what everyone else does

Inaccurate

I believe the current administration prefers to use the term “alternative fact” and if it’s ok for them...

I guess if you are not doing it then technically it is inaccurate, but maybe everyone other than you is doing it.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    GerTarrant wrote: »

what everyone else does

Inaccurate

I believe the current administration prefers to use the term “alternative fact” and if it’s ok for them...

I guess if you are not doing it then technically it is inaccurate, but maybe everyone other than you is doing it.

Still inaccurate.
  • Options

what everyone else does

Inaccurate

Still inaccurate.

"technically it is inaccurate"

Ya, pretty sure that's what I said.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options

what everyone else does

Inaccurate

Still inaccurate.

No your amendment statement is also inaccurate.
  • Options

what everyone else does

Inaccurate

Still inaccurate.

Which statement would that be?
  • Options

what everyone else does

Inaccurate

Still inaccurate.

Which statement would that be?

The "everyone else is doing it" part, probably. I know i havent colluded with shard mates for a fleet based feat since the very first one to win with mace in the original GAC.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    In a 3yo shard, it was also possible with a 5* Negotiator without working with a shardmate.

I sacrificed hundreds in crystal income and spent on refreshes. Good thing was you only had to do it 10 times.
  • Options
    Also they didn't nerf rewards, they changed some amounts and then they added currency that you can buy kyro or finishers with, and then later they increased the amount of currency they award per round and group.

TVF, we normally see eye to eye on things, but they grossly nerfed the 6e slicing gains from GA to GAC.
  • Options

I wouldn't get too excited about that possibility either. Malevolence can potentially beat comparable Negotiator without calling RIs because summoned Vulture droids don't count but the reverse is not necessarily true.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    Also they didn't nerf rewards, they changed some amounts and then they added currency that you can buy kyro or finishers with, and then later they increased the amount of currency they award per round and group.

TVF, we normally see eye to eye on things, but they grossly nerfed the 6e slicing gains from GA to GAC.

They reduced those and increased others, plus they added an entire store with new currency that you can use to buy Kyro or Finishers. And then later they increased the amount of currency too.

I need that stuff way more than the pin cushions, of which I have like 600 of.

Claiming they nerfed GAC rewards is a complete misrepresentation of what actually happened.
  • Options

They reduced those and increased others, plus they added an entire store with new currency that you can use to buy Kyro or Finishers. And then later they increased the amount of currency too.
    Not to mention you can also buy 6e slicing mats at the GAC store! Anyone preferring the old rewards can simply spend their GAC tokens on slicing mats. They didn't reduce rewards, they added options (well, maybe rewards were reduced before they increased GAC token payouts, but now the rewards are better than old GA).
  • Options

I need that stuff way more than the pin cushions, of which I have like 600 of.

Claiming they nerfed GAC rewards is a complete misrepresentation of what actually happened.

I think claiming that they "added an entire store with new currency" without also mentioning that they added three new gear pieces while increasing demand on the two new types of gear not found in other stores (kyros), a G12+ component, and one other piece of raid-only or G10+ gear is a bit more misrepresentation, but that's me.

Increasing demand without also increasing supply is an effective nerf in my book. Call it whatever you want.

And yes, you can buy 6E mats with GAC currency, but the 350/150 reward cannot buy you the same amount of mats you received in the old format, which was 12 for a win, 6 for a loss. Post event awards also included 50 salvage for first place which at the cost of 50 currency each, would equate to 2500 GAC currency for a win, not the 1400 it is (off the top of my head).