Change Sith Empire Trooper's Appearance to that of Revan's Army

DarthVictorum
6 posts Member
edited February 2020
Quick Summary: Let's have the appearance of the far more popular Sith Empire Trooper with their silver army from Kotor I and II rather than the current TOR version. The game model exists and the change would be not be overly difficult to achieve. The unique Vaiken's Legacy could also easily be renamed to reflect service to Revan's Sith Empire as well.

Practicality: The work is mostly already done. We have fought the silver armor Kotor Sith Trooper in a variety of events thus far. As stated above changing out the character model should theoretically not present much of a task. Similarly the unique could be very easily renamed to reflect the Sith Empire of Revan and Malak, for instance "Legacy of Malachor" instead of "Vaiken's Legacy."

Rationale
SWGOH: Kotor has had a profound impact on Galaxy of Heroes. The Sith Triumvirate are not only now all playable but have been made into a raid. The Kotor I companions have found themselves not only playable, but also necessary for multiple legendary events. We even have the Ebon Hawk (hopefully the Ravager capital ship is in the future). The largest impact currently are the fact that Darth Revan and Dark Malak are still some of the strongest characters and hold a lot of the current meta. Even Jedi Knight Revan remains one of the strongest light side leaders.

Gameplay: Revan and Malak teams are currently very prevalent and Sith Empire Trooper fits in well. It would be fantastic to have their trooper fight along side them. Many players still implement SET on their teams, so the work to make this change would have quite the overall effect.

This should not be a new character: Sith Empire Trooper fits a good role for Sith Empire teams and some Sith teams generally. It would be silly to simply add a new character almost exactly the same just to give us this character model. Furthermore, it would be a fantastic showing of support for the player base to allow players to use a character they have already acquired shard and upgrades for, especially given the amount of resources currently required for a single Galactic Legends character.

Lore: Let's be honest, Kotor I and II are exponentially better than TOR in the story department. Not to knock the writing in TOR, but the characters in Kotor are nuanced and well developed. Each of the antagonists have almost a tragic backstory. Revan turned to the dark side after seeing the weakness of the Jedi and Republic. Malak followed his lifelong friend down that path and realized the foolishness of his actions right before his death. Sion coped with constant pain just to keep himself from death even as everything he fought for continually crumbled around hime. Nihilus survived what would kill most others and was consumed by the power he obtained. Traya was betrayed by both the Jedi and the Sith and brought both to their knees. And these of course are vastly oversimplified backstories.

Who is Valkorion? A body snatching nigh immortal Sith Lord with virtually no downside or cost to the power he obtained, no. His origin is basically a discount Fullmetal Alchemist rip off. He and his Empire lack the depth and sympathy that the prior games had. Everything is far too black and white with most choices being to the very far good/evil extremes.

Let's have the Sith Trooper more popular and better done series.

Suggested Character Model Changes: Just change out Sith Empire Trooper's model with the normal silver armor version. While the red elites are interesting they fit a different role in Revan's army and are more of a different character altogether.

Suggested new names for the unique:
(1) Legacy of Malachor--Referencing the final battle of with the Mandalorians was the final turning point for Revan. As Kreia said, it was no coincidence the forces not loyal to Revan were put in the positions most likely to result in high casualties. Those who remained followed him onward.
(2) Reclaimer of Korriban--Referencing the Revan's Empire retaking Korriban and turning it into a training ground (though admittedly primary for force sensitives)
(3) Soldier of Revan--Self-explanatory, these were the men and women that followed Revan after the victory over the Mandalorians.

Let's see it happen!
If you are a fan of this proposed changed let your voice be heard so CG knows we'd like this. Thank you everyone who read through this and thank you Capital Games if you even consider this change.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    I'd be happy if they could fix some of the bugs and get matchmaking to work a little better (GAC and TW) - but you do you
    I'd be okay with this change.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    They have a massive problem right now fixing bugs and pushing regular content out at the same time, so I don't know if this would happen at all or anytime soon. However, as a fan of the KOTORs, I would very much welcome the model changes etc as elaborated on above.
  • Options
    They already got the model... They just need to apply it. I would love to get this model!
  • Options
    Disagree
  • Options
    8lu2uzozdxjl.jpg
  • Options
    They have a massive problem right now fixing bugs and pushing regular content out at the same time, so I don't know if this would happen at all or anytime soon. However, as a fan of the KOTORs, I would very much welcome the model changes etc as elaborated on above.

To be fair, the art department sure isn't working on these bugs
  • Options
    Jack1210 wrote: »

I doubt the art department is the one who actually implements models and animations into the game.
  • Options
    Jack1210 wrote: »

I doubt the art department is the one who actually implements models and animations into the game.

True, but they have to design and get it ready for implementation. Obviously there are bigger fish to fry but there's no reason to not at least have stuff like this in the works, and when this apparent overhaul comes, then boom. Ton's of visual stuff is ready to be implemented.
  • Options
    Sign me up.
  • Options
    Quick Summary: Let's have the appearance of the far more popular Sith Empire Trooper with their silver army from Kotor I and II rather than the current TOR version. The game model exists and the change would be not be overly difficult to achieve. The unique Vaiken's Legacy could also easily be renamed to reflect service to Revan's Sith Empire as well.

Practicality: The work is mostly already done. We have fought the silver armor Kotor Sith Trooper in a variety of events thus far. As stated above changing out the character model should theoretically not present much of a task. Similarly the unique could be very easily renamed to reflect the Sith Empire of Revan and Malak, for instance "Legacy of Malachor" instead of "Vaiken's Legacy."

Rationale
    SWGOH: Kotor has had a profound impact on Galaxy of Heroes. The Sith Triumvirate are not only now all playable but have been made into a raid. The Kotor I companions have found themselves not only playable, but also necessary for multiple legendary events. We even have the Ebon Hawk (hopefully the Ravager capital ship is in the future). The largest impact currently are the fact that Darth Revan and Dark Malak are still some of the strongest characters and hold a lot of the current meta. Even Jedi Knight Revan remains one of the strongest light side leaders.

Gameplay: Revan and Malak teams are currently very prevalent and Sith Empire Trooper fits in well. It would be fantastic to have their trooper fight along side them. Many players still implement SET on their teams, so the work to make this change would have quite the overall effect.

This should not be a new character: Sith Empire Trooper fits a good role for Sith Empire teams and some Sith teams generally. It would be silly to simply add a new character almost exactly the same just to give us this character model. Furthermore, it would be a fantastic showing of support for the player base to allow players to use a character they have already acquired shard and upgrades for, especially given the amount of resources currently required for a single Galactic Legends character.

Lore: Let's be honest, Kotor I and II are exponentially better than TOR in the story department. Not to knock the writing in TOR, but the characters in Kotor are nuanced and well developed. Each of the antagonists have almost a tragic backstory. Revan turned to the dark side after seeing the weakness of the Jedi and Republic. Malak followed his lifelong friend down that path and realized the foolishness of his actions right before his death. Sion coped with constant pain just to keep himself from death even as everything he fought for continually crumbled around hime. Nihilus survived what would kill most others and was consumed by the power he obtained. Traya was betrayed by both the Jedi and the Sith and brought both to their knees. And these of course are vastly oversimplified backstories.

Who is Valkorion? A body snatching nigh immortal Sith Lord with virtually no downside or cost to the power he obtained, no. His origin is basically a discount Fullmetal Alchemist rip off. He and his Empire lack the depth and sympathy that the prior games had. Everything is far too black and white with most choices being to the very far good/evil extremes.

Let's have the Sith Trooper more popular and better done series.

Suggested Character Model Changes: Just change out Sith Empire Trooper's model with the normal silver armor version. While the red elites are interesting they fit a different role in Revan's army and are more of a different character altogether.

Suggested new names for the unique:
    (1) Legacy of Malachor--Referencing the final battle of with the Mandalorians was the final turning point for Revan. As Kreia said, it was no coincidence the forces not loyal to Revan were put in the positions most likely to result in high casualties. Those who remained followed him onward.
    (2) Reclaimer of Korriban--Referencing the Revan's Empire retaking Korriban and turning it into a training ground (though admittedly primary for force sensitives)
    (3) Soldier of Revan--Self-explanatory, these were the men and women that followed Revan after the victory over the Mandalorians.

Let's see it happen!
    If you are a fan of this proposed changed let your voice be heard so CG knows we'd like this. Thank you everyone who read through this and thank you Capital Games if you even consider this change.

I hear you but I would rather have the other variants added to the game. A Sith trooper faction would be fun
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    This toon should have totally been that appearance of what we saw under Revan/Malak in KOTOR
  • Options
    Im all for them adding the Sith Soldier (Silver trooper) and Sith Commando (Red trooper who heals and stealths)
  • Options
    I get that people want bugs fixed but there unfortunately will always be some lingering glitches. There should be a balance between maintaining the gameplay and implementing new content. Given all of the pay-focus content as part of the new legendary event it would be very nice to see something done just for the fans.
  • Options
    I would rather have a completely different character called “Sith Soldier” or something