Geonosians AI Rework?

In all my battles against Geo squads lately, it seems as though they are intentionally targeting attackers. Brood Alpha also does not use his AOE attack as he used to, which would proc the taunt on Sion.

Previously, a Traya squad was a very reliable counter. Now that they target Sith 1, Sith 2, DN, Treya, then Sion (in that order), I'm having mixed success and it's incredibly irritating. Was this changed?

Replies

• Options
    Make your Sion faster so you can get Pain out and force them to attack him sooner.

gitgud.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    You need your Sion modded to be faster than all other geos
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice on how to beat them, but that's really not what I asked. I was wondering if this is a change that happened behind the scenes without any update notes or if this is just a combination of good RNG in previous matches followed by bad RNG now.

Who would have thought more speed would be the answer. I've never heard that before.
  • Options
    TCLEAR wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice on how to beat them, but that's really not what I asked. I was wondering if this is a change that happened behind the scenes without any update notes or if this is just a combination of good RNG in previous matches followed by bad RNG now.

"Stealth changes" are not a thing and never have been. You've just been lucky up until now.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options

Who would have thought more speed would be the answer. I've never heard that before.

Why do you think fast sion has been a rule for triumvirate against geos since day one? Because AI doesn't like to go after tanks
  • Options

And it is much more likely that (in general) people are vastly improving the mods on their geos to both help prevent consistently being beaten by short handed Sith Triumvirate squads In PvP and improve their win rate in the Geo specific missions in 3 of the 4 DS TB phases.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Why do you think fast sion has been a rule for triumvirate against geos since day one? Because AI doesn't like to go after tanks

Good luck inflicting pain on a Geo Alpha with more than 150% Tenacity + his 60% from his unique.
  • Options
    I have noticed this too to be honest. But also realize that the AI is NEVER 100% consistent so it could just be a very unfortunate roll of rng.

I'm happy to actually talk about the subject of the post for ya.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

"Stealth changes" are not a thing and never have been. You've just been lucky up until now.

Actually they kinda have been.

GAS countering more is an example. A bug that came out if nowhere. Suddenly now not a bug.

But if that could happen, Geo's purposely targeting non-tanks can 100% definitely happen.
  • Options
    Tanzos wrote: »

GAS countering more is an example. A bug that came out if nowhere. Suddenly now not a bug.

But if that could happen, Geo's purposely targeting non-tanks can 100% definitely happen.

But Geos targeting non-tanks has been a thing since, like, forever

And the GAS countering thing was not a stealth change, it was caused by a bug fix and was announced by CG. not very stealthy of them lol
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

You're reaching SO HARD for a way to tell me I'm wrong, and I'm still not.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

This. Geos never previously only targeted tanks.
  • Options

This. Geos never previously only targeted tanks.

No one said they only targeted tanks, just that it doesn't seem random anymore. Instead it's single target attack on attackers. Which is different than before. And Geo Brood not using his AoE anymore also.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

You're reaching SO HARD for a way to tell me I'm wrong, and I'm still not.

One post is reaching SO HARD? Right. All I'm saying is "unintended interactions" are also stealthy (CG included didn't detect them) and are technically changes. So, stealth changes do happen.

Granted there was a correspondening bug fix that went with it, but the idea of certain things changing unintentionally can happen.

I admit this case is probably NOT a stealth change if you will, but not gonna say they definitely don't happen in other cases. Unbeknownst to CG also, not just us.

• TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Orleans wrote: »

Good luck inflicting pain on a Geo Alpha with more than 150% Tenacity + his 60% from his unique.

Last I checked there are five other Geos.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Unintended interactions =/ stealth fix sounds about right
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

[ ] stealth
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Treeburner wrote: »
    Unintended interactions =/ stealth fix sounds about right

Stealth fix ≠ Stealth change
  • Options
    solution: gear your Trio better
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I know this guy who can kill any geos with his jawas......
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Check again and you'll notice the others don't matter that much in this case. Not even close. Since Lord Poggle the Lesser and the Geo Alpha are usually the fastest, Alpha will cleanse all the pain while "targetting" someone else, and then they all attack this character. If he cleanses and aims at Nihilus for example, he's done for unless your'e up vs trash Geos.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Check again and you'll notice the others don't matter that much in this case. Not even close. Since Lord Poggle the Lesser and the Geo Alpha are usually the fastest, Alpha will cleanse all the pain while "targetting" someone else, and then they all attack this character. If he cleanses and aims at Nihilus for example, he's done for unless your'e up vs trash Geos.

A - landing Pain on the Alpha shouldn't be that huge of a deal even at 150% tenacity. Traya's lead gives 40% potency and a base G12 Sion has 30%, so with just a potency cross and a couple secondaries in his setup you should still have a pretty good chance to land it.

B - Poggle generally isn't modded for tons of tenacity so it generally won't matter if he cleanses Pain. He's forced to target Sion if it's on him, so they cleanse, all hit Sion, and now they all have Pain again.

C - Even if Alpha does resist and get off a cleanse targeting someone else, your Nihilus or Traya should be able to take one volley of attacks. If they can't, you need to put SET in there as a secondary "oh crap" tank or gear/mod your trio better.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I've found that 90% of the time, the Geos will target NS Zombie - a tank - even when she has no taunt and the -100% speed thing.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    I haven't noticed a change tbh.

But you don't need to outspeed the bugs with your sion - waste of speed mods... +80 odd is plenty. Tank your traya, sion and whoever else you take in. You don't need to (and shouldn't be) taking any weak characters into this fight.