Geonosis LS

Prev1
YavinIVRecruiter
100 posts Member
edited February 2020
I wrote a very positive comment on the geo light mega thread after the previous geo LS TB. I'm writing here now because my posts won't show up on that thread for some reason (wonder if I hit a nerve?)
Last geo light TB I got regular 4/4 with shak/clones and padme team. I didn't have 7* negotiator or 7* GAS, yet and still I got like 27 completed waves, AND even got a ki adi Shard. Naturally I was pumped to go at it again. I finished GAS, Nego, and further raised relic levels and improved mods thinking I'd do better this time. This battle I was unable to get a single 4/4, no ki adi Shard. Only ships worked out pretty well. I understood that last battle I had astronomically good RNG. I fully expected to be able to complete the gas mission, having r7 both gas and ahsoka with arena lvl 6 dot mods. I was able to try the mission twice since we didn't advance phases , getting 3/4 once, 2/4 next. So seriously @CG_SBCrumb , what more can we do? even with maxed out toons, even if I wanted to spend to beat the mission, I can't go any further. At this rate we'll unlock KAM by 2025 (I doubt the game will even be running the way this is going). Please give us hope, reveal to us your card up your sleeve, what will enable us to beat missions? Is it level 90 increase, 7 dot mods, relic 10? Even if everybody unlocked GL Rey (extremely unlikely), that is still only ONE team, it won't fix geo light. Even if you don't plan on tuning down the difficulty, at least give us 2 geo light and 2 dark a month. It's no fun prepping a month only to epically fail and have to wait another month, finally getting to r7, just to miserably fail again. Or just flat out tell us, listen things aren't going well, we'll be shutting down servers in 3 months, or we'll be launching swgoh 2 in 6 months. Really, community disappointment is at an all time low, some serious feedback would be nice. The recent state of the galaxy was extremely poor. I don't even care that much if I'll never unlock GL, I get it that players who spend a lot (krakens and whales), would want an advantage, and GL might be it. But it feels like there is no new content (at least not beatable) for the rest of the player base.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    mods/strats
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    It is by far the most unfun guild gamemode. It's a shame as we were all looking forward to it. Now we just cant wait until its over
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    It is by far the most unfun guild gamemode. It's a shame as we were all looking forward to it. Now we just cant wait until its over

I remember my first hsth
  • Options
    I feel you OP. Padme was my rockstar last time, with 14/16 waves completed. This time, 3/16 (though to be fair, I did steal snips on the last 2 days and my GAS went 4/4 both times...so trade offs.)

(And since someone is bound to ask, here is my GAS as run, I’d share my ahsoka too, but even at R7 she was killed in the first cover cycle of wave 1 both times)

https://swgoh.gg/p/965332268/characters/general-skywalker
  • Options
    Is your guild scoring more stars this run than last?
    In the end it's all that matters.

I find LS much more fun than DS, where battles last for 15-20 minutes each (or Hoth back in the days), because LS battles are short but technical (and yes, i get to lose sometimes).

Auto-win is boring.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

I remember my first hsth

I hear you on that. Same goes for haat when it was released first too though. At least in those raids over time players got to work towards multiple teams that worked and cg actually responded to the community to make them a little more fun. Same cannot be said for lstb, it still sucks now (Imo)as much as it did when it was released.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

I remember my first hsth

I hear you on that. Same goes for haat when it was released first too though. At least in those raids over time players got to work towards multiple teams that worked and cg actually responded to the community to make them a little more fun. Same cannot be said for lstb, it still sucks now (Imo)as much as it did when it was released.

cannot?
  • Options
    We redid a phase, so I got to do the combats there twice. First time I got 4/4 with a standard padme arena squad and 3/4 with shaakti clones. Second time, 1/4 for padme and 0/4 for shaakti. Padme squad was all reliced except for C3, and clones all g12.5. Same squads, same strategy. RNG is just really nasty with the huge amount of damage that the droids do, it's very much a coin flip right now.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options

I remember my first hsth

cannot?

https://www.dictionary.com/
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    l8k4gw9zujyn.jpeg

I made a progress
  • Options
    At least they realized they screwed up with hsith and then adjusted it after a few months
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

I remember my first hsth

cannot?

Hope this helps.

I understand what the word means. my question stands
  • Options
    It really would help quite a bit with things if CG would release "demo" videos showing off which teams they envision us using to beat these waves. No need to dive into mods or strats like YouTubers, just a flat "here's what it looks like" video would help ease some of the "this is ridiculous, how can anyone do this??" feelings that many seem to have.

Seeing "CG approved" teams win would also encourage me to gear up those characters that I might not have thought to use. Maybe CG even knows of some oddball compositions that we (the community) haven't thought of yet that we can't try because we only get one shot per month to get anything at all and you don't want to waste your one chance at certain battles.

Separately however, it would be a HUGE boost to motivation if we could get do-overs for the battles. It's way too demotivating to know you only get one shot for something you technically spend a month preparing for. Even if it cost 50 crystals to refresh I would often pay that cost just to get another try if I see something in the battle that makes me think that different mods or just a little more gear would do the trick. It's hard to apply any lessons learned from battles when RNG and the passage of time are working so hard against us.

As it stands you basically have to go a whole month (during which time you might switch around mods for raids, TW, GAC, etc) before you can test your strategy again. Just being able to do one redo, or one practice run would make this feel far less crappy (maybe practice runs could be limited to just one wave?)

Show us what it should look like CG. You ostensibly know exactly what we should be doing, so throw us a friggin bone here.
  • Options

I remember my first hsth

cannot?

Hope this helps.

No, sorry it doesn't. Your just making yourself look ridiculous. Now go away troll

maybe you're right, maybe it's not your team comp/mods. maybe it's just impossible. maybe.

Lol, maybe you should have a point.

Have you tried reading his point and actually looking at your original post? You said that the raids were very difficult but eventually we figured it out, then said we cannot say that about LS Geo, despite the fact that people continue to find and fine tune strategies for the game mode.

but go ahead and keep ignoring the point instead of trying to improve your strategies.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

I remember my first hsth

cannot?

Hope this helps.

No, sorry it doesn't. Your just making yourself look ridiculous. Now go away troll

maybe you're right, maybe it's not your team comp/mods. maybe it's just impossible. maybe.

Have you tried reading his point and actually looking at your original post? You said that the raids were very difficult but eventually we figured it out, then said we cannot say that about LS Geo, despite the fact that people continue to find and fine tune strategies for the game mode.

but go ahead and keep ignoring the point instead of trying to improve your strategies.

My original point is that it is still far from being a fun game mode. That is an opinion backed up by the majority of players regardless of getting 4/4 in combat missions (which I have)
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

I remember my first hsth

cannot?

Hope this helps.

3c1f5o3irpls.jpg
  • Options
    The entire point of lstb is to make players so frustrated, that when cg decides to sell us the solution, the whales will eat it up. It’s just a $25-$50k “hobby”, after all.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

I remember my first hsth

cannot?

Hope this helps.

My original point is that it is still far from being a fun game mode. That is an opinion backed up by the majority of players regardless of getting 4/4 in combat missions (which I have)

tell us more about how fun hsth etc was when you started.
  • Options

I remember my first hsth

cannot?

Hope this helps.

Hsith was actually fun when I started. Sure, it was hard as hell but the combined effort of everybody in the guild working towards multiple teams and sharing progress and strategies is what made it fun. There was an endgame goal (Traya) that made it all the more worth while. Plus , you could raid a couple of times a week so there was little wait time in between trying something new. I could go on and on but I wont. I get it, you like this tb. I dont. Let's move on from this.
  • Options

I remember my first hsth

cannot?

Hope this helps.

Hsith was actually fun when I started. Sure, it was hard as hell but the combined effort of everybody in the guild working towards multiple teams and sharing progress and strategies is what made it fun. There was an endgame goal (Traya) that made it all the more worth while. Plus , you could raid a couple of times a week so there was little wait time in between trying something new. I could go on and on but I wont. I get it, you like this tb. I dont. Let's move on from this.

maybe you started after it first dropped, idk. fair enough, maybe next time you won't answer a simple question with snarky nonsense, but at least a productive convo finally resulted
  • Options

I remember my first hsth

cannot?

Hope this helps.

maybe you started after it first dropped, idk. fair enough, maybe next time you won't answer a simple question with snarky nonsense, but at least a productive convo finally resulted

My apologies, I thought you being a typo cop.
  • Options
    LSgeo is garbage. It’s overtuned and is a dreadful experience.
    Even when HSTR first dropped and was a nightmare, at least you could see the goal posts and know what to work toward. I don’t remember maxed teams at that time being completely slaughtered before getting a turn. Much like R7 teams are facing in P1 of this.
    The fact the devs won’t even retune in slightly shows their disconnect with the game.
    DSGeoTb is where it’s at. Boo galactic offensive
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Even when HSTR first dropped and was a nightmare, at least you could see the goal posts and know what to work toward.

Go back and read some posts from then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Even when HSTR first dropped and was a nightmare, at least you could see the goal posts and know what to work toward.

Posts vs actual facts are different.
    You could max teams and have success. You can max your teams for LSGeo and still not even come close to succeeding
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

You could max teams and have success. You can max your teams for LSGeo and still not even come close to succeeding

You can max the right teams with the right mods and do very well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If your definition of success is "beating every single wave right now" then ok.
  • Options

My definition of success is not having an R7 GR team get wiped out in wave 1 of P1. Don’t expect to even be able to do the waves in P3, but would at least think a maxed tram could get through P1 without getting annihilated in 1 round
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

My definition of success is not having an R7 GR team get wiped out in wave 1 of P1. Don’t expect to even be able to do the waves in P3, but would at least think a maxed tram could get through P1 without getting annihilated in 1 round

Then you are definitely doing something wrong. I don't have a strong GR team but others in my guild do and they're managing it, also plenty of people here have posted about managing it. And my less-than-maxed UP team (relics not all R7) does 3/4 consistently in the first phase and nearly got 4/4 this time.

• Options

Then you are definitely doing something wrong. I don't have a strong GR team but others in my guild do and they're managing it, also plenty of people here have posted about managing it. And my less-than-maxed UP team (relics not all R7) does 3/4 consistently in the first phase and nearly got 4/4 this time.

You’re missing the point. The fact that R7 teams even struggle at all in P1 is just a joke period. It’s RNG based on who you face that can make the outcome worse. Have there been times I beat all 4 waves of P1? Yeah. Others I get wiped based on RNG. That shouldn’t happen
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

You’re missing the point. The fact that R7 teams even struggle at all in P1 is just a joke period. It’s RNG based on who you face that can make the outcome worse. Have there been times I beat all 4 waves of P1? Yeah. Others I get wiped based on RNG. That shouldn’t happen

I agree that it shouldn't happened. I've never once got wiped on wave one with my non-optimal UP team.

You're missing the point, which is that your problem is either your team, or your mods, or your strat, or some combination of all of these.