Is This Your Idea of Helping With “Gear” Crunch?

Prev1
4m2avz4da3kv.png
Went into Challenge Tier lll Phase lll with full hp/protection.

r5 Bossk, all Zetas, and g12 minus the finishers.

If we need a full squad of either faction for these new Challenge modes all at r5 or higher, then the rewards we get from the last tiers are worthless since we need to relic that many more characters just to complete these new tiers. The zeta rewards for the previous tiers are nice but come on, we need the higher end relic materials way more. Besides that, I still think zeta mats should be given out sparingly.

Sure I appreciate the extra tiers and a challenge but the time it’s going to take to play through all the RNG garbage for such small amounts of relic salvage is pitiful.

How about giving us the option to exit these modes whenever we would like. Having to sit there for a minute or two while the opponent takes turn after turn just to wait to restart because of garbage RNG is annoying.

Replies

• Options
    It's a nice bonus for those who already invested in the faction. You said yourself that the rewards are small, do there's no need to lose your sleep over it. Not worth the investment if the challenge tiers are the only reason to do it.
  • Options
    Mode is meant as challenge. As the name states. Description clearly states relic 5 is recommended. However pre load TM fights are non sense i do agree. The same event (Thrawn lead vs Phoenix) is the worst of all the "older" events. But dont worry your team would have been AOEd away right afterwards at Lando :)
  • WitnessedJarl
    258 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I managed to clear with r5 bossk, r5 jango, r4 boba, g12+3 dengar, g12+4 zam. Used the event special to build up stacks on jango and at the end he hits crazy hard (over 100k on basic)

edit: I could auto the first tier which can probably be done with way lower gear levels and that's the tier that gives out the gear salvage so yeah I'd say it does help with the gear crunch
  • Options
    I cleared mythic and Tier 1 with no relics easily 1st attempt, I stacked buffs on Bobba & Greedo, maybe good rng but it was really easy, just need to be carefull at 1st wave of phase 1 an ROLO's AOE in the last phase. If you can, manage to kill multiple times soldier who revive to have more stacks !

jrjkj20uo3c3.png
  • Options
    i dont mine the challenge and rewards too much, but i agree that we should be able to hit the options button any time to pause battle/backout
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    i dont mine the challenge and rewards too much, but i agree that we should be able to hit the options button any time to pause battle/backout

This
  • cannonfodder_iv
    992 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    tenor.gif

Thinking that I should be able to beat an event whose recommended gear level is R5, but I only had one character that met the recommendation and yet I still think I should have been able to clear it.

Tier I was surprisingly easy. I wasn't expecting to clear it easily with 2 G12s and 3 G11s, but I did. And yet, my first thought when I saw the event live was "there's probably already a post complaining about how hard the last tier is"
  • Options
    I didn’t think it was too bad, I managed it with this squad (Bossk,Boba,Jango,greedo,Sam) 9rri3p3clhae.png
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Challenge Tier 1 is designed to help with the gear crunch and tier 2 is to help out with the relic crunch (although not to a good degree)

Thankfully, Tier 1 isn’t that hard at all
  • Options
    Vicarious wrote: »

Sure I appreciate the extra tiers and a challenge but the time it’s going to take to play through all the RNG garbage for such small amounts of relic salvage is pitiful.

How about giving us the option to exit these modes whenever we would like. Having to sit there for a minute or two while the opponent takes turn after turn just to wait to restart because of garbage RNG is annoying.

There wouldn't be nearly as much "RNG" if you went in with a team anywhere close to the recommendations.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    The fact that tier 1 can be done without relics and that the rewards are good would seem to be one of them bones people always want thrown to them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I did t1 with boba lead g12 and zeta zam g12 cad g12 greedo r4 and dengar g12 and cleared it on auto
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Speaking of bonus bones...Mythic tier was added as well right? 2 zeta and 2 omega... not too shabby.

Yep. So 4 zetas from this event today.

I'm not sure why the OP had any trouble at all. I beat tier 1 on full auto with zero relics and two G11 toons.
  • Options
    I'm the first to call foul on CG when they throw something at us that doesn't come close to what it's it's intended to do, but I have to say this one meets the mark. Tier 1 I was able to do with no relics. Just time and patience to build up the offense buff. For my patience and a couple tries I was rewarded with some relevant gear and zetas to better my team for the future attempts that require you to have said gear. Tier 2 I didn't have a chance, but I wouldn't expect to have one, nor should I with the team I attempted with.

I personally feel this one is tuned just about right. The one where we fight ewoks, not as much. I much stronger team than the bounty hunter team I used here didn't get me through Tier 1 no matter what. That being said I don't find it to be that far off either and achievable so I'll probably bump up a couple toons a bit more and they're toons worth having so no loss.
  • Options
    T2 tho was a nightmare only got to stage 2
  • Options
    Solution to the gear crunch:

Spend truck loads of gear on B to C grade teams and earn a tenth or 20th of the gear back every month.

Stonks
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The fact that tier 1 can be done without relics and that the rewards are good would seem to be one of them bones people always want thrown to them.

Just don't advertise this very much because they will eventually change the difficulty...
  • Options
    Olderaan wrote: »

Just don't advertise this very much because they will eventually change the difficulty...

When was the last time they changed an events difficulty?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

Spend truck loads of gear on B to C grade teams and earn a tenth or 20th of the gear back every month.

Stonks

It's possible to complete the first of the 2 challenge tiers with rather mediocre BH teams, none of my BH are g13 and it was a cake walk. Not to forget that 2 of the BH's (Bossk + Jango) are increadibly useful and definitely worth to gear up at least to g12.
    T2 is a different story and obviously not worth it to relic those BH's just to get a few relic mats.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Olderaan wrote: »

They probably know it already, with all the data they collect. And honestly, it is a bit too easy, I won't be surprised if they change it.
  • Options
    This isn’t meant to help the gear crunch we want. This offers G12+ finishers, kyro‘s, zeta Mats and relic salvage.

That being said always assume challenge tier 2 is going to be insane. It recommends everyone be R5 in your squad. My advice?

Play through challenge tier 1. Collect the shard shop currency, the extra omegas, zetas, kyro’s and G12 finisher salavge. See tier 2 as just whatever for now until you’re ready to increase this faction. It’s meant for those that invested in them and also spent to get there most likely.
    I beat challenge tier 1 with G12 ZzBossk, Jango, Bobba and G11 dengar and Zam. That’s a very generous bounty for that team as is for yours. I don’t expect to beat tier 2 any time soon with my current BH and neither should you. Just keep working at it, but trust me, other factions will demand your priority sooner than you think. Don’t invest in BH...yet
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Speaking of bonus bones...Mythic tier was added as well right? 2 zeta and 2 omega... not too shabby.

Too bad the zetas aren’t every time haha. But I’ll happily take the extra omegas when this rolls around now with the gear from T1.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

Stonks
    You don’t have to use any of the g12 finishers to acquire g12 finisher gear for Tier 1 (since it’s possible without g13)

So you are getting new gear every month that you never spent on
  • Options
    Has anyone done it with G12 Troopers? I can't even kill anyone on wave 1. :/
  • Options
    About time one of my pleasure farms pays off! Thanks for the zetas BHk8e11h1m3svi.jpg

Did you get both tiers?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.