Would it be too much to run all 4 TBs every month?

Slothmaster
247 posts Member
edited February 2020
Serious question, do people feel like it would be too much of a time investment to run all 4 territory battles every month?

Like no choosing between LS/DS Hoth or Geonosis, it’s just each of the 4 are scheduled so long as your guild qualifies to do it.

I’d really enjoy the gameplay, but it might be too many rewards? Gotta keep that GAC on lockdown

Replies

• Options
    I think for the most part people would be only too happy to bag those rewards. CG offering those rewards on the other hand...
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    I think for the most part people would be only too happy to bag those rewards. CG offering those rewards on the other hand...
    CG would inevitably reduce the rewards so we'd be doing twice as much work for the same rewards or maybe a bit more. No thanks.
  • Options
    I can picture a scenario where we would get one of each of the TBs starting with LS Hoth and finishing with LS Geo. Each TB would happen once a month and the first TB would start on the first full week of each calendar month (see image below). This would cause us to have 48 per year (not 52). That's ~double the number of TBs we have now.

To maintain the same level of rewards though, each of the TB's rewards would have to be reduced. I don't think most people would want to do play more TB to end up with the same approx rewards. I would do it, but that's just me.

ju40yi33ssxe.jpg
  • Options
    I think it would be quite a bit of time investment for the average player. But there are 2 larger flaws:
    1. Breaks the reward economy. As much as we would all want it, CG is not just going to give out all those extra rewards for free.
    2. More importantly it would not be feasible for lower guilds and would thus gate the extra rewards behind a "better" guild. Sure this already happens to a lesser extent, but there is a large difference between "you can only do the event with less rewards" and "those bigger guilds get the rewards from both, and you only get Hoth".
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    One issue that comes to mind immediately is that not all guilds qualify for all the TBs, so either the min guild power restrictions would have to be eliminated or those "weaker" guilds that don't qualify for one for the Geo TBs would have to redo one of the Hoths. Again, it seems alot of extra programing work for the devs.

@Slothmaster I like your idea, but I don't know if it will feasible.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Yes, yes it would.

Rewards would be halved to compensate and I really don't want to spend twice as much time on officer duties.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Yes, yes it would.

Rewards would be halved to compensate and I really don't want to spend twice as much time on officer duties.

Do you feel that Hoth TB would require a lot of your effort to coordinate?
  • Options
    Lol imagine cg actually allowing you to get more gear and crystals in a month without purchases by running all 4 tb’s that month. Like it’s been said above, they’d either halve the rewards or just ignore the idea.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    It's not about the "time investment", it never was (CG or their shills will tell you otherwise ofc). It's all about the rewards and they'll do anything to keep them low since more rewards = faster progression and less money spent. They'll throw a bone to us here and there (recently the additional challenge tiers in Forest Moon etc.) but that's 1 step forward when the requirements for the chars are moving 2 or 3 steps forward.

Also they'll NEVER do such a thing as running 4 TB's per month, hell they won't even let us alternate LS and DS Geo TB because that would already mean better rewards for us. There's a reason they won't answer the-thread-which-shall-not-be-answered.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Yes, yes it would.

More than zero.

Especially if we want to max it, which are a couple stars shy of.

So yeah.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    It's not about the "time investment", it never was (CG or their shills will tell you otherwise ofc). It's all about the rewards and they'll do anything to keep them low since more rewards = faster progression and less money spent.

It's both.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I think if you are in a guild(like Fury) that easily maxes both Hoth battles than yeah, let's run all 4. That being said, I don't wont my rewards reduced. And since CG would more than likely decrease rewards I say no. More work for the same payout makes 0 sense.

If you in a guild that still requires direction for Hoth than I have no opinion as I do no want to speak for others. But if the rewards were kept as is I would be surprised if they anyone said no.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    TB and TW at the same time and on top of that GA and perhaps a raid? Would be a killer schedule. Too much for my taste. Please leave TB and TW on separate weeks.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Yes, yes it would.

More than zero.

Especially if we want to max it, which are a couple stars shy of.

So yeah.

This
  • Options
    I don’t want to consider the rewards in this equation, but I’d be very much in favor of running all 4 each month. While Hoth is pretty easy at the point I’m at, I do enjoy the game mode. Territory Battles are my favorite mode. It is at least something that you can always work towards. There is no progression in PVP modes because everyone is progressing so the goal posts are always moving. In TB you know exactly what you need to work towards and can see an end in sight. It feels more rewarding to continue to progress.
  • Options
    I can picture a scenario where we would get one of each of the TBs starting with LS Hoth and finishing with LS Geo. Each TB would happen once a month and the first TB would start on the first full week of each calendar month (see image below). This would cause us to have 48 per year (not 52). That's ~double the number of TBs we have now.

To maintain the same level of rewards though, each of the TB's rewards would have to be reduced. I don't think most people would want to do play more TB to end up with the same approx rewards. I would do it, but that's just me.

ju40yi33ssxe.jpg

When do we get TWs then? Isn't there some kind of server issue that prevents them from overlapping with TBs?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    Not gonna happen. And a few of you hit on it. Economy control. They will say it would require too much time press on players and require built wars to run along side territory battles. And for some players that might be true. But the vast majority would welcome it for more rewards, and that's the Crux. Controlling guild currency in the game. Because the whales would be in guilds that would get max rewards easily and be less inclined to drop $100 on gear bundles. And easier for free players to grind out required heros for events. In the end that means less money spent on the game, and they won't threaten that.
  • Options
    If the devs really wanted to "alleviate" the gear crunch up to G12 then it shouldn't be an issue. Or has internal review nixed that as well?