Is this another GAS Squad Bug?

Okay, so I know the counter "bug" with GAS was determined not a bug, but let's talk about Fives...

I just had a situation where I was hitting the clones, and I used BSF Wild Lightning on Fives while he had shock. The bonus special damage defeated other clones (Echo and Rex, Rex was saved by Fives). However, Fives "survived" the attack. Here's what happened:

1. Rex "dies".
2. Fives saves Rex. Indicated by the fact his HP is reduced to 1, but still has protection (survived the initial attack).
3. Echo dies.
4. Fives counter attacks twice.
5. Fives dies.

So...shouldn't Fives be IMMEDIATELY defeated when Rex is? I'm under the impression that he shouldn't counter attack in this situation. I read Fives kit, and it would appear that he should be defeated IMMEDIATELY (there's no "end of turn" verbiage here like GAS).

Something I'm missing here?

Replies

• Options
    I don't know if that is intended or not, but that's how it has always worked. He always counterattacked if possible and THEN died. So not sure if intended or not, but nothing new.
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think its been a thing since they fixed the missing button game freezing bug which was related to queuing up attacks, so it looks like this is here to stay
  • Options
    I don't know if that is intended or not, but that's how it has always worked. He always counterattacked if possible and THEN died. So not sure if intended or not, but nothing new.

I'm fairly certain this is not true. I literally just battled the EXACT same player and he did not counter attack (Wild Lightning only defeated Rex this time). That COULD be the small 15% chance of no counter, but IIRC I don't remember seeing him counter...

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just trying to come to terms with how I remember fighting this squad before everything went haywire with GAS :D
  • Options

afaik he has been countering all the time before being sacrificed
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Because he has 85% counter chance, so if you use an AoE he’s more than likely going to counter, and since counters are part of the attackers turn, he technically has sacrificed yet