Padme lead and courage damage vs teams with health % buffs

I just had a padme mirror where I had 23 stacks of courage on yoda. I attacked enemy gk who had full hp and protection. I should do damage equal to 40% of health 4x so 160% of max health. The enemy gk was just g12 so 35k health and 70k protection. But with padme lead enemy gk has 52k health.

Does anyone know if the damage is 40% based on the enemy gk base health (35k) or his current health (52k)?

Anyways yoda barely scratched gk considering he used up using 20 stacks of courage. After I attacked the enemy gk still had about half of his protection remaining and was still at full health.

In the past anyone with 20 plus stacks have almost always killed who they are attacking. My relic yoda does like 50k damage on basic so with a 160% health bonus this should at least remove all the protection from gk... maybe I'm missing something idk...

Replies

• Options
    It’s based on the max health of the character whose attacking.

So in ur case, Yodas max health
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

False. Its 40% of the target's current MAX_HEALTH
  • Options
    Based off current max health. Did GK have any stacks of protection up? What was the rest of the team?
  • Options
    Was vs padme gk anakin ahsoka 3po

Yes, Gk had a tiny sliver of bonus protection left on him. it was larger but I had just attacked with my relic 7 anakin and that basic attack took the big blue block of protection gk had down to a tiny sliver of blue left.
  • Options
    He left me feeling like a lion from wizard of oz...
  • Options
    Does your Yoda usually hit for 50k or crit for 50k?
    (Remember, you can’t crit GR under Padme when they have protection up.

GK has pretty high resistance (something like 40+% at g12) so he mitigates quite a bit of yodas special damage, plus high armor (50ish percent or so, depending on how he was modded), so that will chunk away about half the bonus damage.

So... 60% of special 50k damage is 30k
    And 50% of 83K bonus damage is 43K

So you were probably only trying to apply around 73k (and potentially less if your base attack is lower than your usual with no crit and/or a highly defensive modded GK through his 70k protection (plus whatever ‘sliver’ of bonus protection was left).

If your base damage wasn’t a crit (and thus way lower than the usual 50k) I think him having half protection left sounds about right.
    Especially if he had any stacks of Translation from Threepio, which gives +30% max health at 1 stack (so 67K max health for basing the amount of bonus protection he has).
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Huh then what was the whole, CWC thing if it didn’t use his massive hp pool?
  • Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Does your Yoda usually hit for 50k or crit for 50k?
    (Remember, you can’t crit GR under Padme when they have protection up.

GK has pretty high resistance (something like 40+% at g12) so he mitigates quite a bit of yodas special damage, plus high armor (50ish percent or so, depending on how he was modded), so that will chunk away about half the bonus damage.

So... 60% of special 50k damage is 30k
    And 50% of 83K bonus damage is 43K

So you were probably only trying to apply around 73k (and potentially less if your base attack is lower than your usual with no crit and/or a highly defensive modded GK through his 70k protection (plus whatever ‘sliver’ of bonus protection was left).

If your base damage wasn’t a crit (and thus way lower than the usual 50k) I think him having half protection left sounds about right.
    Especially if he had any stacks of Translation from Threepio, which gives +30% max health at 1 stack (so 67K max health for basing the amount of bonus protection he has).

This is why I'm asking if anyone knows how the 40% health damage for courage is calculated (base or current).

If its 40% base health then each 5 stacks of courage should remove about 15k health. I had 4 full stacks so 60k damage plus Yoda's damage. Gk gets a ton of bonus health so 60k damage plus yoda wont be very much especially if gk has 175k total life from all his extra health buffs.

On the other hand if gk has +50% health from padme and +30% health from 3po then gk has about 100k health with 75k protection. In this case when I do 40% health damage each 5 stacks should deal 40k damage each plus yodas damage. 4 full stacks should deal 160k damage more than enough to clear all his protection and most of his health since he is at 175k total life at that current moment yoda damage just needs to be over 15k to bridge the gap between his 175k and the 160k bonus damage I should get from courage and that should have killed him.

I've heard it's current health but I'm having second thoughts now...
  • Options

What is Max_Health though? The starting max health or the current max health.
  • Options

CWC is super slow so he can build up a bunch of stacks of courage
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

CWC is super slow so he can build up a bunch of stacks of courage

This, plus bonus protection is based off of max health, so he tanks better as well.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

I did say current max health...
  • Options
    All of this could be much clearer if they just added the ability to see actual toon stats in the combat... but...
  • EduardoCadav
    390 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

Checkout the mirror match in this vid (link at bottom). GK mods at 14:38 show he has 77,460 health. Ahsoka attacks GK at 16:31 and deals max health damage from courage stacks dealing 46,476 damage.
    2.5 x 46,476 = 116,190
    1.5 x 77,460 = 116,190

So that confirms that the max health damage dealt by courage is based on "current" max health.

But I totally get the question. It annoys me that the words "Max Health" are used twice in FOX's Total Order ability and the first time it means "initial" max health and the second time it means "current" max health. (although I do understand that with stacking abilities that's the way it has to be really)

understanding why you did less damage than you expected is more difficult without seeing it. Was there maybe more protection up than you realised?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TeB6kf9Cag