Where is this game going?

Shadroth
160 posts Member
edited March 2020
You’ve heard it all before so hear it again.

I’m bored, and so are many others. I can’t speak for everyone but I feel it. I see it on discord and guild chat hell, even the youtubers have to dress up like nincumpoops and come up with silly ways to make the game interesting. At this point most of the time spent in-game has become a button-push simulater. There are arguments out there (which I won’t discredit because each to their own) that we have plenty of new content but my opinion says most of it cost $ to enjoy fully and non of it feels new and exciting.
I unlocked GA$ on his second run and whilst it is fun finally smacking Malak in his stupid face it’s not something that keeps a lot of us engaged past a week or so.
New characters and reworks are great - we love and look forward to them but I believe we need more ways than to change a character colour or make it faster to enjoy the game.
Dear CG Keep us coming back for more and make your money with the newest shiny but please spend just as much time keeping us engaged with new and interesting ways to PLAY the game.

Replies

• Options
    Shadroth wrote: »
    You’ve heard it all before so hear it again.

I’m bored, and so are many others. I can’t speak for everyone but I feel it. I see it on discord and guild chat hell, even the youtubers have to dress up like nincumpoops and come up with silly ways to make the game interesting. At this point most of the time spent in-game has become a button-push simulater. There are arguments out there (which I won’t discredit because each to their own) that we have plenty of new content but my opinion says most of it cost $ to enjoy fully and non of it feels new and exciting.
    I unlocked GA$ on his second run and whilst it is fun finally smacking Malak in his stupid face it’s not something that keeps a lot of us engaged past a week or so.
    New characters and reworks are great - we love and look forward to them but I believe we need more ways than to change a character colour or make it faster to enjoy the game.
    Dear CG Keep us coming back for more and make your money with the newest shiny but please spend just as much time keeping us engaged with new and interesting ways to PLAY the game.
    Well said I agree entirely
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    any suggestion, OP? new chars, new tiers, new gl's to work towards no good etc. There's a new raid coming. What is it exactly you think needs to be added to excite you? serious q.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    New playable content like a blitz or sandbox mode
  • Options
    They made the worst defensive meta ever in GAS so that you can spend so much longer climbing in arena, are you not entertained. 😏

I’d love for a harder GW myself so I can atleast try some of my teams I’ve got, even the option to make it hard on the nodes 6 and 9 and 12 like it used to be would be nice.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    PC_LILEDG3 wrote: »
    The developers Q&A speaks of new game modes coming. Guessing you didnt read it.

Q&A before last one

Yes, we are going to do away with 4 dot mods in Tier 3 mod challenges.

Last Q&A

We have no plans to remove 4 dot mods from Tier 3 challenges.

It's cute that you still believe what's said in dev Q&A's.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    We should all have gone when Carrie left the boat

It’s cool how the community used to hate Carrie, constantly badmouth her and harass her on Twitter, but now that she’s gone all I see is “Things were better with Carrie in charge”
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Q&A before last one

Link to the quote please.

I'm quite sure you're confusing this with their announcement that they were removing them from the store, which they did. And they also added more slots as a bonus.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    We should all have gone when Carrie left the boat

It’s cool how the community used to hate Carrie, constantly badmouth her and harass her on Twitter, but now that she’s gone all I see is “Things were better with Carrie in charge”

The grass isn’t always greener. What this actually shows is that things have gotten worse and people are seeing the Carrie days as not as bad as since she left.

Or does it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    New playable content like a blitz or sandbox mode

um, blitz is the worst part about msf (besides maybe rs being random) and everyone hates it. hard pass
    Gifafi wrote: »
    any suggestion, OP? new chars, new tiers, new gl's to work towards no good etc. There's a new raid coming. What is it exactly you think needs to be added to excite you? serious q.

The OP seemed pretty clear to me, but boils down to this:

More fighting, less grinding.

Maybe you don’t, but a whole lot of people would like more to do in the game with their characters that they worked hard on to build up.

More “new playable content” as opposed to more new characters, which require just more shard, gear, mod and relic grinding.

The devs even agree and hopefully will start to bring more game modes into the game that we can use our characters in.

“A: CG_Vyeking - While we broadly term characters, ships, and their corresponding events as content, this is not the 'new' content that I referred to in previous Q&A's. Nor would I consider the addition of the Challenge Tiers in Assault Battles the form of 'new' content I think meets the needs of our players. When I say 'new' content I mean wholly-new and fresh experiences served up to our players at regular intervals.”

There should be a balance to gameplay and character development. For me and obv OP the balance has gotten a little out of whack and I find most of the time my time spent in game is on character development rather than using my characters to fight.

we have new tiers, a pretty new TB, gac, ga, tw, raids. All you've said is "more things to do and more fighting" so still not sure what you are looking for. The new raid is coming, plus new game modes iirc
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Q&A before last one

I'm quite sure you're confusing this with their announcement that they were removing them from the store, which they did. And they also added more slots as a bonus.

Developer Q&A - 12/04
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2022100/#Comment_2022100

Q: Hey there Devs, would you consider removing the non 5 dot mods from the Mod challenges as a QoL update? They are inferior since the introduction of mod slicing.

A: CG_Cyanides - Yep! We are planning to do this. Timing of this is still in the air as we decided when the QoL update goes out.

Developer Q&A - 02/27/2020
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2069578/#Comment_2069578

Q: Are there any plans to remove 4 dot mods from the higher challenge or to allow us to slice these up to 5 dot mods?
    A: CG_Cyanides - We don't have plans to remove the 4-dot mods, and see the above for the second part of the question.

Sorry, it was the Dec and Feb Q&A, not the Jan & Feb.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2939 posts Member
    Options
    CG: we heard you,( over and over again) new content is coming as we have said.....for months and months now. You would think that you players would understand that new content is coming...just like we said when we first said it months ago, we heard you. Just keep sitting tight as you have done for months now. I don’t want to repeat myself so I’ll just say new content is coming, we heard you.

It’s a vicious cycle lately....for months now.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    “ even the devs seem to understand what you don’t seem to.

I did the 2 NS battles and I’ve got a couple fights in each arena to do today and that’s it.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to fight with our toons more than we can.”

What is it you think i don’t understand? That we want more content and that the devs are working it? No one said there’s something wrong with wanting more fights. I just asked some questions and am waiting on answers. You want something new, but not too hard or too easy? Alright I guess
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

Q&A before last one

Developer Q&A - 12/04
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2022100/#Comment_2022100

Q: Hey there Devs, would you consider removing the non 5 dot mods from the Mod challenges as a QoL update? They are inferior since the introduction of mod slicing.

A: CG_Cyanides - Yep! We are planning to do this. Timing of this is still in the air as we decided when the QoL update goes out.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2069578/#Comment_2069578

Q: Are there any plans to remove 4 dot mods from the higher challenge or to allow us to slice these up to 5 dot mods?
    A: CG_Cyanides - We don't have plans to remove the 4-dot mods, and see the above for the second part of the question.

Ultra pointed out how this doesn't actually support your post in the other thread.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    like I said, I just wanted some examples. like...?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

Q&A before last one

Developer Q&A - 12/04

Ultra pointed out how this doesn't actually support your post in the other thread.

For what he knew at the time, he was absolutely right. So, crumb makes a post in reddit backtracking on what was said in the official Q&A and obv imasmakya hadn’t seen it.

You asked for a quote and said he was confused, in fact you were “quite sure” he was confused. He wasn’t confused, you were wrong, yet rather than saying nothing or admitting you were wrong, you instead try and twist things around and pretend that crumbs post today on reddit somehow negates what imasmakya said and proved.

I did not try to twist things around. I thought Crumb's post was months ago. I remembered wrongly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

Q&A before last one

Developer Q&A - 12/04

For what he knew at the time, he was absolutely right. So, crumb makes a post in reddit backtracking on what was said in the official Q&A and obv imasmakya hadn’t seen it.

You asked for a quote and said he was confused, in fact you were “quite sure” he was confused. He wasn’t confused, you were wrong, yet rather than saying nothing or admitting you were wrong, you instead try and twist things around and pretend that crumbs post today on reddit somehow negates what imasmakya said and proved.

I did not try to twist things around. I thought Crumb's post was months ago. I remembered wrongly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh man even worse if you thought crumbs reddit post was months ago lol

Ah yes I'm reminded why it's pointless to admit being wrong about something, or in fact to respond at all.
  • Shadroth
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone.
    In response to some, I would say it not my position to come up with ways to enhance the game - I will leave that to better minds then my own - but to play and support it. I do have some ideas but I’d rather not get thrown in the bin for suggesting anything other than the status quo.
    I have read the Q&A but for the most part I take a lot of it with a grain of salt. Often times (but not always) CG will say one thing but do another... I’m frustrated, with them and the game.
    Until they follow through with said “incoming new and playable content” I’ll reserve my right to be sceptical.
    That said, I still enjoy the community and the friends I’ve made and portions of this game on a daily basis.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    The staleness of the game lately comes from the lead up to Galactic Legends, IMO.

At least for me, things feel extra “grindy” lately since all I’m doing is hoarding in preparation for the events (as are many others). I haven’t placed a single piece of gear in over a month.

So this new content stuff (challenge tiers and Tb, etc.) are all sort of non-events as either we can complete them with our existing toons or we can’t (and therefore we keep waiting until we can work on them). They are designed to make us Gear up new toons to succeed, but a lot of us aren’t willing to delay the GL toons in favour of a 1/month event at this point.

I think it’s just about the state we are currently in, as once the GL stuff gets fully announced we will be free to progress “other stuff”.
  • Shadroth
    160 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    The staleness of the game lately comes from the lead up to Galactic Legends, IMO.

At least for me, things feel extra “grindy” lately since all I’m doing is hoarding in preparation for the events (as are many others). I haven’t placed a single piece of gear in over a month.

So this new content stuff (challenge tiers and Tb, etc.) are all sort of non-events as either we can complete them with our existing toons or we can’t (and therefore we keep waiting until we can work on them). They are designed to make us Gear up new toons to succeed, but a lot of us aren’t willing to delay the GL toons in favour of a 1/month event at this point.

I think it’s just about the state we are currently in, as once the GL stuff gets fully announced we will be free to progress “other stuff”.

I can understand that. I hoarded first months for the second run of JKR and those months felt like forever because I was making no progress to my toons for such a long time.