Malevolence vs negotiator decision

Im super indecisive and STILL haven’t spent my GET2. Im leaning towards malevolence just because I want to be different tbh. Everyone is using the same thing and I don’t wanna. I don’t care so much about defence but I do want to be able to take 1st in arena though so I need to be able to win pretty consistently against top tier negotiator fleets.

I know there has been a million threads and videos on this but I don’t have answers to the specific questions I have that are important to me so I’m just going to basically list them.

Can a maxed (g12 bugs) malevolence fleet beat a fully maxed negotiator fleet every time on offence? Are there times you can lose if spy doesn’t make anakin taunt or something or do you blast through every time?

Likewise is there strategy for a slightly slower negotiator with a worse BTL to beat a fully maxed negotiator every time on offence?

Can I beat fully maxed negotiator fleets with a 6* malev, hyena and vulture and g12 bugs? Every time? Most of the time? Occasionally?

Bit early, but Malev vs finalizer on offence? Easy work?

Finally has there been any word on if we are getting some other separatist ships to add to the fleet any time soon? I don’t think grievous was in space with geonosians in TCW....

Replies

• Options
    They both beat themselves and the other pretty handily on offense (played decently, a slower negotiator still wins better than 90% of the time in mirror matches) - Negotiator is a requirement for geo LS TB.

‘Nuff said.
  • avihas
    250 posts Member
    Options
    I have the Malevolence. These days I'm #20 - #5 in the arena.

Maley 5* (r4 zzGG)
    Vulture 7*
    Hyena 5*
    Eta2 7* (r4 zJKA)

reinforcement:
    EH 7* (g11 zCarth & g11 T3)
    Slave 1 7* (g12 zBoba)
    TIE Advance (g11 zVader)

Capital ship only- Maley is better imo, so if it'll drag on to cap vs cap- Maley would win.
    But the Negotiator got better fleet atm, so in order to win, the seps need to take out at least 1 ship quickly before by sheer number the GR will overcome.
    Eventually however, the Sep fleet will catch on, and than the GR gonna have a serious problem...

I mainly battled against the Neg, but ocationally I get other capitals.
    The main issue is the 'regular' ship- The Neg got a complete set with more synergy so I need to prevent situation which they overwhelm me by sheer number.
    For that I need a strong tank (HT/Hyena) and a strong attacker (Eta2 in my case). I also need Something to negate/prevent/ignor all their buffs, mainly their Taunt

Hyena can ignor Taunt (also can assist when the target have buzz droid), Vulture can put buff imunity and so Eta2 and EH (the latter can cancel buff- both as reinforcement and as his 2nd attack).
    Slave 1 is another tank from reinforcement
    TIE Advance is a good attacker who can cancel buffs

I don't have even a mediocre bugs ship so I can't be sure, but I'm guessing It could be a decent adition to the fleet squad- especially the Spy ship from reinforcement (it could probably be better fit than TIE Advance or Slave 1 in that fleet squad)
    I must add however that a 7* Vulture, HT/Hyena and a strong attacker (like Eta2) is almost a must in that openning fleet squad
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I love Malevolence. Super glad I waited for it instead of jumping the gun on Negotiator.

I brought my bugs to low relics to guarantee Wat shards, so my Sun Fac is a beast. Combined with Hyena being arguably an even beefier tank than Hound's Tooth, it takes ages for any opposing fleet to start hurting my attackers with anything other than AOEs. And even if they do, killing vultures feeds me TM and primes the ultimate for lolinstantwin. Most matches don't go beyond my 2nd reinforcement, though.

Not having to gear up pilots for 2 fantastic ships (Vulture/Hyena) is also excellent.

It doesn't defend well, sure, but whatever. I still get #1 unless I'm too busy to do my battles that day.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I went for both. Have a 5* Neg and a 6* Mal. I have much more fun and don’t have any problems climbing with Mal. Only go that route if you have a r7 GG.

Disagree with that last part, I have an R4 GG 6* Mal and it works great.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like to go Malevolence but I dont have bugs geared. Is it viable w/o bug ships?
  • avihas
    250 posts Member
    Options
    Shok wrote: »
    I'd like to go Malevolence but I dont have bugs geared. Is it viable w/o bug ships?

I have
    Maley 5* (r4 zzGG)
    Vulture 7*
    Hyena 5*
    Eta2 7* (r4 zJKA)

reinforcement:
    Slave 1 7* (g12 zBoba)
    TIE Advance (g11 zVader)

and I'm in the top 20 (sometimes even top 10)
  • SparkyBurns
    519 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    avihas wrote: »

I have
    Maley 5* (r4 zzGG)
    Vulture 7*
    Hyena 5*
    Eta2 7* (r4 zJKA)

reinforcement:
    Slave 1 7* (g12 zBoba)
    TIE Advance (g11 zVader)

I'm nitpicking here, but why are you saying "Maley" for shorthand instead of "Malev?" If it happened once I get it, but half a dozen times means it is intentional.

The real answer is do either. They are both very good. Negotiator is top dog right now overall, but it's not by a wide margin. The perks to Malevolence is it has 2 pilotless ships whereas you could argue the Negotiator uses none (y-wing is probably one of the weaker GR ships IMO). Either way you can win on offense and that's all that matters in this game anymore. There essentially are no longer defensive teams.
    Post edited by SparkyBurns on
  • Options
    I regret the Negotiator decision every time I jump into a fleet battle. Sun Fac is surprisingly beefy at G12. Vulture and Hyena don't require any gear and R7 GG is one of the most useful characters in the game. I can only imagine how good they are on offense

Kenobi is great, of course, but he's not a centerpiece of teams like GG is. The Negotiator crew are largely useful (Fives, JKA, Ahsoka, in that order), but you absolutely need to relic them if you want to compete. No such requirement for the Malevolance.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I regret the Negotiator decision every time I jump into a fleet battle. Sun Fac is surprisingly beefy at G12. Vulture and Hyena don't require any gear and R7 GG is one of the most useful characters in the game. I can only imagine how good they are on offense

Kenobi is great, of course, but he's not a centerpiece of teams like GG is. The Negotiator crew are largely useful (Fives, JKA, Ahsoka, in that order), but you absolutely need to relic them if you want to compete. No such requirement for the Malevolance.

At least you hold better on D.

I mean, probably. I'm lucky that my shard is bad so I don't fall out of top 20 regardless of what I'm running (as long as it's semi-relevant of course).
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Sayonara15 wrote: »
    Can a maxed (g12 bugs) malevolence fleet beat a fully maxed negotiator fleet every time on offence? Are there times you can lose if spy doesn’t make anakin taunt or something or do you blast through every time?

I use a 5* Malevolence to climb everyday and Anakin's ETA die more often to Buzz Droids than to Spy : Hyena gives everyone buzz droids and as Anakin takes a lot of turns he loses 30% health each time
  • Options

I disagree with a lot of this. Kenobi 100% is an absolute centerpiece of one of the top teams in the game in Padme squad (or even Revan). Fives is a key part of the best team in the game right now, and Ahsoka is also a part of that Padme squad that is really important and will be a 100% requirement for LS Geo TB.

You can prefer the Malevolence all you want and that's certainly fine, the two pilotless ships are a big part of the fleet and a nice boost since you don't have to put anything into pilots. But the pilots you do put together on Negotiator's lineup are way better than anyone not named Grievous in the Sep fleet, and even that's debateable.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    I picked Malevolence mainly because there are less pilots. I don't regret this at all.

I only have two relic'd pilots (Sun Fac R5 and GG R7) and I get 1st place every day. I comfortably beat 7* Negotiators with relic'd pilots and I only have a 6* Malevolence. My Vulture Droid is 7* and my Hyena Bomber is 6*.

Is it great on defense? It isn't bad. The furthest I drop is like 19 or so, but I normally start my climb at around 12.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    mal is great and more fun imo. Neg is needed for lsgeotb. I unlocked both but am now working on Neg solely for lsgeotb
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Negotiator was the right choice for me strategically and it is a good ship but the mirror matches aren't exactly fun.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

You could probably do OK with just the hyena and vulture, but the bugs are a big part of the fleet, particularly Sun Fac bouncing taunts with Hyena and Spy coming in off the bench to liquefy something with the mass assist.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Shok
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

You could probably do OK with just the hyena and vulture, but the bugs are a big part of the fleet, particularly Sun Fac bouncing taunts with Hyena and Spy coming in off the bench to liquefy something with the mass assist.

Thats what I was afraid of. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options

I disagree with a lot of this. Kenobi 100% is an absolute centerpiece of one of the top teams in the game in Padme squad (or even Revan). Fives is a key part of the best team in the game right now, and Ahsoka is also a part of that Padme squad that is really important and will be a 100% requirement for LS Geo TB.

You can prefer the Malevolence all you want and that's certainly fine, the two pilotless ships are a big part of the fleet and a nice boost since you don't have to put anything into pilots. But the pilots you do put together on Negotiator's lineup are way better than anyone not named Grievous in the Sep fleet, and even that's debateable.

I don't disagree. But you need four (or five depending on your shard) Relic'd pilots to compete using the Negotiator compared to one with Malevolance. Those four work well in top tier teams, but need the rest of the team at similar levels for them to be useful. GG at R7 doesn't need other Relic'd characters to be useful - the nuke team functions at lower gear levels.

All I'm saying is that Malevolance wins easily on the resource efficiency comparison if you're solely taking fleet into account. Am I glad I have a R7 JKA? Yes. Am I glad I have a G12 Plo Koon and Clone Sargeant....
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    All I'm saying is that Malevolance wins easily on the resource efficiency comparison if you're solely taking fleet into account. Am I glad I have a R7 JKA? Yes. Am I glad I have a G12 Plo Koon and Clone Sargeant....
    Yes you are!!! :D
  • avihas
    250 posts Member
    Options

I have
    Maley 5* (r4 zzGG)
    Vulture 7*
    Hyena 5*
    Eta2 7* (r4 zJKA)

reinforcement:
    Slave 1 7* (g12 zBoba)
    TIE Advance (g11 zVader)

I'm nitpicking here, but why are you saying "Maley" for shorthand instead of "Malev?" If it happened once I get it, but half a dozen times means it is intentional.

It is intentional. I just like "Maley" better. "Malev" seem a bit more clumsy imo (just like it easier to say "momy" than "mother")
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

I have
    Maley 5* (r4 zzGG)
    Vulture 7*
    Hyena 5*
    Eta2 7* (r4 zJKA)

reinforcement:
    Slave 1 7* (g12 zBoba)
    TIE Advance (g11 zVader)

It is intentional. I just like "Maley" better. "Malev" seem a bit more clumsy imo (just like it easier to say "momy" than "mother")

Mal is even easier and makes more sense too.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Lio wrote: »
    I picked Malevolence mainly because there are less pilots. I don't regret this at all.

I only have two relic'd pilots (Sun Fac R5 and GG R7) and I get 1st place every day. I comfortably beat 7* Negotiators with relic'd pilots and I only have a 6* Malevolence. My Vulture Droid is 7* and my Hyena Bomber is 6*.

Is it great on defense? It isn't bad. The furthest I drop is like 19 or so, but I normally start my climb at around 12.
    That's not bad at all

I have a negotiator heavy fleet and its not unusual to sometimes drop in upper 20s ~ 30s