Possible GG team?

Hey guys just wanted to know whether or not putting T3 in a droid team with GG would be beneficial ( I don't have B1 or droideka at 7 star yet, and B2 and magna are around G8/9). And also how I should I should a characters defense penetration, because I was thinking about giving T3 the zeta where droid ally's get 100% of his defence penetration his second unique if I recall correctly.

Replies

• mellamoroberto
    259 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The zeta that boosts teammate crit damage etc. is where it's at. Combat Logic.
  • Options

So what exactly is defence penetration? Been looking for a hours and haven't found anything not meaning to sound ignorant or anything
  • Options
    It helps break through armor and resistance.
  • Options
    I meant like how is it represented in game? What affects it? (Sorry not trying to be ignorant)
  • Options
    I meant like how is it represented in game? What affects it? (Sorry not trying to be ignorant)

It increases the amount of damage the character does. That being said, T3 doesn't do much for a GG team unless you're building the nuke team (IG88/GG/BB8/IPD/T3), which is a big investment and has faded from relevance.
  • Options
    Oh ok thanks the advice
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

So what exactly is defence penetration? Been looking for a hours and haven't found anything not meaning to sound ignorant or anything

No need to feel bad, the data to calculate the interaction between defense/armor/armor penetration etc. is not really accessible in game (at least not the raw data) and it can get pretty convoluted with some values using percentages and others using flat values.

An example is probably best (all these values are G13 iirc)

Ahsoka has a base flat defense value of 295 which converts to a defense percentage of 31.64%
    If you then have a diamond mod that adds 11.75% to defense and the rest of your mods add 23 to flat defense you end up with a total of 352.73 defense which equates 35.62%. This number can also be modified by defense up/down during battle.

Rose Tico has a base armor penetration value of 205 (equates to 24.33% armor pen) and I won't add mod values because I refuse to mod Rose so she is stuck at 205, deal with it. This number can also affected by leadership and unique bonuses like T3's Master Gearhead which applies to droids.

We end up with a difference of 147.73 defense which equates to 18.81%

Therefore if Rose hits for 1000 damage, Ahsoka will only take 81.19% of that damage or 811.9. as her defense is absorbing 18.81% of the damage.

Also remember that this only deals with normal physical offense/defense, special offense/defense has a different calculation as it is affected by resistance, not armor. As well, there are abilities (HK-47 Havoc) which deal true damage which completely ignore defense and deal full damage regardless of defense but true damage cannot crit.

Probably a whole lot more info than most people want and I think this is all right but it is late and I'm tired so I may have messed up somewhere :(
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    If you run JKR jedi in p2 Sith raid, you will see a huge increase in damage if GMYoda passes Defence penetration up buff to everyone
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    If you run JKR jedi in p2 Sith raid, you will see a huge increase in damage if GMYoda passes Defence penetration up buff to everyone

Ya, the defense penetration buff increases armor pen by a flat 150 so it can have a fairly significant impact. This particular example works best when Sion is below 50% health so you don't have to mess around with the adds, but that can be tough to gauge as in any decent guild P2 is over pretty quick.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice